Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Whatcha playin'?

GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
hg5lzlsh6x4s.png

I figured I'd start some kind of gaming thread, since a lot of us probably enjoy video games (and board games, and RPGs too probably). So, if you feel like sharing what you're playing, need someone to play with, feel like posting some cool game trailers, or just generally feel like talking about games, you can do it right here. :)
Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
Join our fancy Discord Server!
evil_genius_180

• GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    edited July 2019 #2
    I've been on an indie shooter streak lately, mostly playing My Friend Pedro and HARDCORE MECHA

My Friend Pedro is pretty popular apparently. Also, good fun so far, although I'm worried it'll get a little repetitive before the end, and I'm not sure I'll actually go back and play levels just to get a better grade.

HARDCORE MECHA was a kickstarter thingy from a while back, that apparently just showed up on PC. I really like Front Mission: Gun Hazard, so I was hoping for something similar, even though I hadn't really heard anything about it. Right now I'm liking the old Front Mission (and Metal Warriors) more, this one seems to be pretty linear compared to those, but maybe it'll open up later. Very nicely animated.
    Post edited by Guerrilla on
    evil_genius_180Freak
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    edited July 2019 #3
    I've been playing Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (the Ultimate Sith Edition) on the computer, because I picked that up during the Steam summer sale. However, audio issues were getting on my last nerve, so I dug out my XBOX 360 disc of the game (**not** the Ultimate Sith Edition) and started over.

I was also installing some stuff in my GOG library last night, so I played a couple other Star Wars games for a bit, a little Rogue Squadron 3D and some Shadows of the Empire. Man, I love roping some AT-AT walkers in the first level of Shadows of the Empire. :)
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Just finished playing Rise of the Tomb Raider, I enjoyed this more than 2013 reboot Tomb Raider.
    But I still to Finish off Watch Dogs 2 (Far better than the first game.) & Horizon Zero Dawn.
    But I am currently playing Detroit Become Human, I only an hour into the game but enjoying it so far.

If your in Europe and got a PSN Plus it one of the free games this one month which is how I got it.
    I also have lots of games that I got though the Free monthly games still to play. Just don't have much time I as use to play. :anguished:
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    Not doing much gaming at all these days. Forza Horizon 4 on the Xbox, and Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes on iOS.
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
  • Zhor2395Zhor2395344 MN, USAPosts: 92Member
    Fallout 76 mostly. A pinch of Fortnite and a splash of Destiny 2
    "It's just like bumper cars...where everyone dies." ~Penny Robinson
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Star Trek Timelines... Currently sadly the only thing I can play.
    So Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is ou tomorrow, apparently...

Thoughts? Any Wing Commander Privateer fans around? :tongue:
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Let's see:
    PC
    Star Trek Online
    PS4
    Warframe
    Dauntless
    Minecraft
    Mobile
    Solitaire
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    This weekend I've been playing Untitled Goose Game.

It's a lovely day in the village, and you are a horrible goose.
    Untitled Goose Game is a slapstick-stealth-sandbox, where you are a goose let loose on an unsuspecting village.

Also, Hollow Knight.
    2,500 More MS-DOS Games Playable at Archive.org (or a significant chunk of your childhood conveniently accessible via your browser) :p
    You can access the archive here.

Other than that, still playing Hollow Knight. Pretty close to the end of the base game, but there are like four expansions too :#
    evil_genius_180MadKoiFish
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    Been meaning to get Rebel Galaxy, I like what I saw from the previews.

Been dealing with this one for the last few months:

Hundred wrote: »
    Been meaning to get Rebel Galaxy, I like what I saw from the previews.

It's a fun game. I've been thinking about getting it for the PC since I don't play my PS4 anymore.
    Yeah, from what I've heard they plan on making it a lot bigger. It seems endless as it is now. Be nice if they also had an MMO version too.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9708 Posts: 5,302Member
    Wasted some time at that dos site heh need to see if I can get some of those to work on a controller as the key maps are kinda whacky on a few of them.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Do you mean FreeDOS?
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9708 Posts: 5,302Member
    Hundred wrote: »
    Do you mean FreeDOS?

Referring to Guerrilla's post.
    Guerrilla wrote: »
    2,500 More MS-DOS Games Playable at Archive.org (or a significant chunk of your childhood conveniently accessible via your browser) :p
    You can access the archive here.

Other than that, still playing Hollow Knight. Pretty close to the end of the base game, but there are like four expansions too :#

Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is great so far. I put in a couple of hours when it came out, but haven't really made much progress in the story. There's certainly lots to do and I really enjoy the look.
    So, The Outer Worlds is coming out tomorrow...
    Was also thinking about trying this one too.

edited November 2019 #21
    Also, it's not really a game to speak of, but I do dabble around with this from time to time. It's a program called Flowscape.

Post edited by Hundred on
    Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

Is it any good? I am in two minds on getting it. Not really a fan of EA.

edited November 2019 #24
    Freak wrote: »

Is it any good? I am in two minds on getting it. Not really a fan of EA.

Yeah, most people in the gaming community aren't fans of modern EA. (I remember when they were one of the best gaming companies) However, they actually did a good job on this one. It's single player with seemingly none of the modern EA stuff that has enraged fans. Also, I can confirm that the PC version is quite stable and runs great on my gaming machine, I don't know much about the PS4 or XBOX One versions, but they should do well also. A buddy of mine has it for the PS4 and he was texting me yesterday about how much he was enjoying it. So, I'm assuming that version looks and runs great too. The graphics are quite nice, no matter which version you get.

As for the game itself, it's pretty fun, lots of parkour. It's a lot like Uncharted meets Star Wars. I've played through a couple planets (not counting the starter planet) and the story and characters are OK. The combat is pretty basic, lots of lightsaber and not so much Force powers. Though, I did get Force push on the second planet I did, (again, not counting the starter planet) which was a welcome addition to my arsenal. I was hoping for something more like The Force Unleashed, which is one of my favorite SW games, but that's not what we get. The combat is nowhere near as epic and cool as that game, but it's not bad either. Though, the main focus of the game isn't combat, it's adventure. There's even a difficulty setting called "Story Mode," which doesn't lessen the number of enemies, but it turns the combat challenge way down so that you can spend less time fighting and more time focusing on other things. There are lots of things to do and find on each planet you visit, which is nice. So, overall, it's pretty fun. I put four hours into it Saturday night but haven't had time to play since then, as I've been working and getting rest for work.
  • kadenkaden799 JapanPosts: 219Member
    Outer Worlds at the moment. Finishing it off.
    Last weekend I was playing Jedi Fallen Order, I liked it a lot but I thought it needed more planets. I finished it in around 30hours completely 100% on Jedi Knight, and I still died a lot, mostly from falling down huge chasms.
    kaden wrote: »
    ... falling down huge chasms.

Pretty authentic Star Wars experience then. :tongue:

I've heard good things, but I'll probably wait for a sale. Haven't even start Outer Worlds yet, so it's not like I'll run out of things to play.
    Guerrilla wrote: »
    ... falling down huge chasms.

Pretty authentic Star Wars experience then. :tongue:

I've heard good things, but I'll probably wait for a sale. Haven't even start Outer Worlds yet, so it's not like I'll run out of things to play.

Haha yeah, except I have to do my own wilhelm scream.
    Not surprised it a bit like Uncharted, one of the main writers for that game did the majority of the work on this.
    But that was for another game that was meant to have come out last year. EA cancelled it as they believed at the time no one wanted story lead games and just wanted online games like Battlefront. I guess they took most of the work done on her game and reworked it for this.

Love The Force Unleashed, never got round to playing it sequel though.
    edited November 2019 #29
    I still died a lot, mostly from falling down huge chasms.

Especially when you have to do fun stuff like slide down a slope, jump at just the right time and angle to hit a rope, swing from that to a wall, wall run along said wall and jump just right to hit a ledge.

I'm pretty sure that's a standard trial Younglings have to do to become Padawans. ;)
    I usually did the slides right first time, but then the second time round I would slide off the side on a turn or something stupid.
    It was like they had the mechanic for sliding and just had to use it all the time.

But apart from the gamey parts I enjoyed the story and the majority of the characters. That music he was listening to at the start was pretty cool, and its an actual band (Mongolian rock band called the Hu) lol
    Of all the parkour elements, I find the slides the most annoying. But, they're manageable.