Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DViper's miscellaneous Star Trek projects

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Looking great. :)

Yeah, those things on the sides and bottom of the secondary hull are a pain to do. Yours are looking good, though.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    I like them all. I've always thought Starfleet needed some type of cargo ship. The station is a nice design.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9712 Posts: 5,302Member
    Yeah I think those are one of the most hated parts of the Connie. There are also some subtle thing like the backside of the neck going from flat to round along it's length you only see in a few photos. (think they were the 80/90s reto)
    Ok I dunno what imgur has done but maybe this will work I have a load of scanned slides from the viewmaster prints which lack all the nasty grain and tv rez as well as everything else used when I built mine.
    https://madkoifish.imgur.com/all/
    Imgur has really crapped up on this new look but I think I managed to locate the old links. hopefully that download feature still works.

TOS HD CAPS and VIEWMASTER
    https://imgur.com/a/cGAnI
    More HD caps and larger than TV rez
    https://imgur.com/a/AmdD1
    11foot stuff
    https://imgur.com/a/U4V19
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator
    Thanks for those @MadKoiFish! All went into my board :)

So, I had an odd weekend as I was troubleshooting an error on a client project, ended up not doing much on my projects. I advanced a bit more with the Connie though. I also was thinking my renders were off, turned out just to be an exposure setting wrong on the camera. Anyway, some images:

tos-constitution16.jpg
    tos-constitution19.jpg
    tos-constitution17.jpg
    tos-constitution18.jpg
    tos-constitution20.jpg

I have also been thinking about the Kusanagi. I need to freeze the design to focus on details. The weapon pod and the housing around the impulse engines are really the last bits that need work. I had this idea for the pod, let me know your opinions:

kusanagi129.jpg
    kusanagi128.jpg
    evil_genius_180BrandenbergLizzy777MadKoiFishFreakwibble
    I like the "scoop" for the torpedo housing, though have you tried it flipped the other way? The Connie is looking great. :)
    I like the "scoop" for the torpedo housing, though have you tried it flipped the other way? The Connie is looking great. :)

Yes, I did all permutations with it. It really unbalances the design if it's tall at the front and short at the back. I'm not 100% happy with it yet.
    evil_genius_180
    Yeah, I figured you'd probably tried different variations. It was just a thought I'd had. It really does add to the model, though. I hope you get it worked out to where you are 100% happy with it.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    That Connie is looking Great.

Loving the Weapons pod on the TMP era Akira.
  • ChiefBrexChiefBrex256 North CarolinaPosts: 110Member
    These models are amazing @Viper!!!!! Your work always impressed me! I wish I had learned more from you back in the day :(
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    The connie is looking nice!
    Can you post ventral, bow & stern views of the Kusanagi w/the pod?
    Hey folks. I needed a break, but it ended up being a longer break than I had hoped. Trying to get back to these projects, but I ended up starting on something that is not Trek, so focusing on that right now. In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out what to do with the weapon pod in the Kusanagi. I ended up scrapping my previous idea. Trying to think how to detail the pod as I think it's to empty without anything. I also need to get back to the other ships. I'll take stock of everything I was working on this week and see what makes sense to tackle first.

@ChiefBrex Thanks man :) There's always time.

@srspicer I'll grab a few screenshots later today :)
    Lizzy777ashleytingerRekkertevil_genius_180
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    Breaks happen. I most definitely get it. :)
    Hey, look at that! Progress!

Took me a while to get back on track, but I'm glad I did. I was afraid I might have to scrap the general weapon pod, but I figured out how to make it work. Might need some general adjustments still. I also did a few quick changes to the bridge. Made the rear windows a bit less wide, and removed one of the round ones. I think this looks better. Need to think what to tackle next.

kusanagi131.jpg
    kusanagi132.jpg
    kusanagi133.jpg
    Lizzy777BrandenbergashleytingerRekkertP5ych0p4thFreakevil_genius_180rojrenMcCwibble
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Simply great work.
    Viper
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    Yay! You're back! Looking great!
    Viper
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    I'm liking the new elements. :)
    Viper
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    That is looking stunning.
    Past couple of weeks were a bit intense with work and then I had a conference last weekend and then new project started this past week, so just had limited time. But, I was able to work a bit this weekend on the ship again. I've been getting a lot of questions on the cargo area, so I took some time to flesh it out. Some of it is not final by any means, especially the windows. I also start to map out how the bridge section will be structured. So you can see the start of the conference room here.

kusanagi146.jpg
    kusanagi147.jpg
    Rekkertevil_genius_180FreakLizzy777Brandenbergxiaorobearwibble
    That's looking great. I really like the cargo area so far.
    Viper
    That Cargo Area is sweet!
    Viper
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    edited October 2019 #172
    This is so exciting. Thumbs up. =) To be honest, at first I wasn't getting what you had in mind for the Cargo area on this ship. Now I do. Brilliant.
    Post edited by Brandenberg on
    Viper
  • P5ych0p4thP5ych0p4th476 GermanyPosts: 341Member
    Damn! That is beautiful 😍
    Viper
    Cheers guys :) I was testing streaming today and in the meantime I fooled around with the bridge to set up the rooms. Also did some renders.

kusanagi151.jpg
    kusanagi149.jpg
    kusanagi150.jpg
    kusanagi152.jpg
    Freakashleytingerevil_genius_180Lizzy777MadKoiFishBrandenbergwibble
    Nice I like the view out of the rear conference room.
    Viper
    That looks great. Are the port and starboard rooms offices?
    Viper
  • P5ych0p4thP5ych0p4th476 GermanyPosts: 341Member
    A levitating table ... verry futuristic :-D
    Viper
    That looks great. Are the port and starboard rooms offices?

Yeah, I'm thinking Captain's ready room and something else. I also need to fit a bathroom somewhere.

The table won't levitate btw :D Just didn't come up with the feet design yet.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9712 Posts: 5,302Member
    Gotta say that's one ready room with a view. Most fed ships the view isn't of much.
    Viper
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    Gotta say that's one ready room with a view. Most fed ships the view isn't of much.

Heh, that's true. Should be interesting to be there when the ship is firing torpedoes ;)
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    I love the layout you're doing, and as others have said that view is amazing, the fireworks torpedoes would look spectacular from there.
    Brandenberg
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio