Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWIP USS Mexia Bridge

SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
WIP USS Mexia Bridge4whi0t5gl038.png
ashleytingerLizzy777
Tagged:

• SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    Always amazes me why all my posts hardly ever get a view or a comment, yet other people's post get loads
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Because usually it's the artist that posts WIP shots, in order to get feedback on their technique or design. Nevertheless, there are some things you could do to make your post more inviting:
    • Give a little background or explanation about what you'll do with the bridge, rather than just posting a single image
    • Maybe show the original 2D design that's below the 3D model
    • Take the time to upload actual pictures instead of a phone screenshot
    • Always credit the artist. It might be your design but it's their work. In this case, the background image is done by Larundel and can be found here, while the model itself is clearly done by @The_meshmaster, as it's uploaded to their ArtStation.
    P5ych0p4th
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    edited September 2019 #4
    I'd much rather people only posted their own work, but I guess there is no rule against it per se (except for releasing stuff, obviously). Crediting, however, is very much required, just like Rekkert said.

You should take a look at --=Them Rules: Community Guidelines=-- and WIP Forum Info.

I'm a little curious though... Why post the project in the WIP in the first place? The point (as far as I see it) is to show off your work, and get feedback on it, neither of which really applies in this case. A forum with less of a focus on art and modeling and more focus on... uh... the lore might be a more appreciative audience.

As far as comments and views go, I'm afraid there's really only one correct way to improve that. Put in the work. Make things, and put them up on the forums for feedback, and then gradually get better at making them. Help others along, so that when your thread pops up, people recognize it, and come see what you're up to. I don't think anyone on this forum is working on the things they work on just to get popular on the forums. That's just a side effect of putting in the hours.
    Post edited by Guerrilla on
    RekkertP5ych0p4th
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
  • FANGsFANGs414 Posts: 79Member
    Hello! Or course I found your thread. Since then I'm looking forward to see Progress and background information. What kind of ship is it, and which era of Star Trek does it fit in?
    Yes of course it's their physical world, but it's my commission and ideas
    Ideas are the easy part. We're mostly interested in the work.
    And that's what I posted! The first part of the work
    Right. Without crediting the person who did it, which is against the rules (linked in my earlier post; please do check them out... there's a salient bit about ideas and other useful insight). You really should address that first.

I'm also still curious about what exactly it is you're looking to accomplish by posting work you've commissioned someone else to do? Like, what kind of response would you like to receive in these threads?
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Looks like a good start. I'd be interested to know what class of ship it is, what era, etc, if possible.
    sea1lim2obwh.png
    Alvaro Class
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Ah, okay. I remember this ship! I quite like the design of it. It will be neat to see what direction you take with the Bridge.