Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• ChiefBrexChiefBrex256 North CarolinaPosts: 110Member
    Love that bridge. I've built a bridge with the split y on the railing too. Your work is amazing!
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    Oh my GOD that's gorgeous! It's similar to what I had been picturing in my head while reading some Trek novels.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    @ChiefBrex: Thanks! The Y split on the railing is based on the similar design on the Enterprise-E consoles, though it was also seen on the USS Dauntless on Bridge Commander, which I'm sure you're familiar with given your nickname. ;) Do you have a link to this bridge design of yours? :)

@BlueNeumann: Thank you! :) Do you mind if I ask what ship you were reading about?

I've added in the aft alcoves, which are re-purposed versions of the port-forward TNG bridge alcove, with the alert status indicators removed, and with the Ent-E style fabric on the walls. I've also worked on the LCARS, adding in the Nebula graphics on the remaining consoles, including the MSD.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-05.jpg?1567661424
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1567661427
    evil_genius_180ashleytingerBrandenbergLizzy777ChiefBrexMadKoiFish
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Yeah, I was thinking of the Excalibur, Mac Calhoun's ship. I never really had a solid idea for the layout of his bridge, but this colour and lighting scheme is exactly what was in my head. Maybe fused with some Voyager stuff, I don't know (not the biggest fan of that bridge), swapping out the helm/ops console and maybe the viewscreen.

The Titan bridge was also really throwing me for a loop, I had no idea what to do with, considering all the characters involved,

To say nothing of trying to figure out the layouts for my own bridges, which probably shouldn't follow the Trek mold.
    Rekkert
    Rekkert wrote: »
    @ChiefBrex: Thanks! The Y split on the railing is based on the similar design on the Enterprise-E consoles, though it was also seen on the USS Dauntless on Bridge Commander, which I'm sure you're familiar with given your nickname. ;) Do you have a link to this bridge design of yours? :)

I've been thinking of adding it to my WIP thread. Only thing is, I haven't finished it, because I need help with the LCARS panels.

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I really like this bridge. It has a more militaristic look to it, which makes sense given the post Dominion War timeframe. The colors and lighting are really striking, and I like those glass panels.
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    I'm always amazed at the work you pull off. This just looks like a functioning bridge I could step into. Excellent work!
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    That one almost brings tears to my eyes. Beautiful, just beautiful. I want to explore distant worlds on that bridge.
    @BlueNeumann: Ah yes, Excalibur. I was so disappointed when the comics showed just the TNG bridge for that ship, something more "post-TNG" in aesthetics would definitely fit in better.

Thanks for the comments @evil_genius_180, @ashleytinger and @Brandenberg, it's really amazing how much difference it can make to just change the lighting. The setup itself is really simple (just emissive materials), but the removal of most of the light panels ended up creating a far more interestingly lit room.

After trying out some different versions, we swapped out the floor for a wooden version. This was part of the original idea when @slybrarian sent me the commission. The logic here is that it's not actually wood, but that it's super simple to change out what the floor material looks like, and it's at the Captain's discretion. This was inspired by the Probert concept bridge, though it's a lot less shiny on this bridge.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-09.jpg?1567795447
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-02.jpg?1567795450
    shaved_apeP5ych0p4thevil_genius_180Lizzy777BrandenbergFreak
  • shaved_apeshaved_ape433 USAPosts: 158Member
    The backend of that horsehoe console looks like it should have been for the Enterprise for Worf, especially a chair for the poor Klingon to sit in. =)
  • P5ych0p4thP5ych0p4th476 GermanyPosts: 341Member
    When I look at those side consoles, I really hope, there's no overweight people in the future :-D ... looks great!
    shaved_ape wrote: »
    The backend of that horsehoe console looks like it should have been for the Enterprise for Worf, especially a chair for the poor Klingon to sit in. =)

Worf in his 20s: A Klingon does not NEED to sit.
    Worf in his 50s: I will murder you for that chair.
    Rekkert
    That looks fantastic. I really like the wood paneling on the floor.
    Worf in his 20s: A Klingon does not NEED to sit.
    Worf in his 50s: I will murder you for that chair.

OR
    Worf in his 50's : It's a good day to sit
    Rekkertliam887
    You make me very impressed with Blender.
  • slybrarianslybrarian68 Posts: 49Member
    Not only does Worf get a seat, he gets a display that doesn't require him to look down all day and hurt his neck. :grin:

Very pleased with how using a non-matte texture for the floor is turning out, and also the lighting. We were worried that removing most of the overhead lighting in favor of just the central might be too dark, but instead it's really brought out the LCARs and secondary sources.
    Rekkert
  • JMP11JMP1151 Posts: 130Member
    edited September 2019 #2238
    I'm sorry, but all I can picture is an episode where Wesley teaches Data how to skateboard on this bridge... :)
    Post edited by JMP11 on
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    @JMP11, I'm not too crazy about the faux hardwood texture either. But the rest of it is pretty good!
    "Mr Data! What are you doing?"

"Apologies, Captain. Ensign Crusher expressed to me that the curvature in the bridge design would be ideal for shredding. However, our practical tests reveal that it is only 63% acceptable for wheel-based activity. I have begun contemplating alterations which would allow further acc--"
    JMP11
    looks like a bridge that should've been on TV.
    Soul Scream
  • shaved_apeshaved_ape433 USAPosts: 158Member
    =)
    ChiefBrex wrote: »
    looks like a bridge that should've been on TV.

Yeah,, more like on an episode of This Old Starship with Bob Villa:

"Hello folks and welcome to This Old Starship where today, we transform this 24th century bridge into a mix of pre-modern and post-modern style. We'll slowly take up the carpeting and re-floor the deck with some sustainable wood decking then give it a slight whitewash feel. It may not seem practical by Starfleet standards, but it will give off a warm and comfortable feel for the bridge crew on their next 5-year journey."
    ChiefBrex
    edited September 2019 #2243
    This Old Starship. I love it. I'd love Bob Villa to make my house look like that old starship.
    Post edited by Brandenberg on
    After some slight further tweaks (mostly indeed increasing the contrast between the two floor tones, and swapping the forward alert status indicator for a bio-neural circuitry... thing), the bridge is now done!

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1568142119
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1568142126
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1568142129
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1568142115
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1568142118
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01r.jpg?1568142122
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01r.jpg?1568142132
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-zephyr-bridge-cutaway.jpg?1568142121
    P5ych0p4thLizzy777evil_genius_180ashleytingerslybrarianmdtaChiefBrexFreakMadKoiFishBrandenberg
    That's one of my favorites of the bridges that you've done.
    That did come out fantastic.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    I've been gone a while, mostly in and out of the hospital for most of the past few months, plus my laptop needed to be fixed, but I've tried to pop in when I can. Great work on the "Parallels" and Probert concept bridges!
    Dude, the Zephyr's bridge is sexy. My favorite shot is the one from the captain's chair. Reminds me of playing Star Trek: Bridge Commander. You did a phenomenal job on that bridge!
    @evil_genius_180: Thanks, glad you think so.

@ashleytinger: Thank you.

@BolianAdmiral: Sorry to hear that man, thanks for the kind works and hope things get better for you soon.

@ChiefBrex: Thanks. I quite like "walking" and "siting" on the bridges I do and just look around, would love to do something interactive but you know... lawsuits...

sigh... Life continues to be a pain this season, with IRL events keeping me busy, stressed out, and flat out tired, so that work isn't getting done not even 10% as fast as it should. I'm hoping things will improve in the coming months, as I'm planning on moving out and in with my partner, and that'll hopefully make things easier on a couple of fronts, leaving some abusive and toxic people further away. Still, bills are beginning to be an issue, so I'm forcing myself to do what I should've been doing and getting work done, even if it's small stuff.

Case in point, after my client finally got back to me, I'm continuing work on the Astraeus quarters, adding in some requested artwork on the walls (all screencaps from TrekCore) and other small props, making the room more lived-in.

tadeo-d-oria-c4-07.jpg?1568802076
    P5ych0p4thevil_genius_180shaved_apeashleytingerChiefBrexLizzy777Brandenberg
    I'm sorry to hear life is treating you badly, I hope it gets better for you.

The quarters are looking sweet.
    Thanks, I hope it does as well...

I've added a big screen in between the doors, styled similarly to the holo-screen Data had at Cambridge in AGT, as this is from the same time period after all.

I've also done the bed. I've modeled it after the TNG version, but updated with the Nemesis colors. Blender makes physics based modeling like the pillow and blanket a breeze to do, and very fun.

tadeo-d-oria-c2-04.jpg?1568850922
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-08.jpg?1568850927
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180Zhor2395ChiefBrexBrandenberg