Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDestroyat Class w/ some interiors

P5ych0p4thP5ych0p4th476 GermanyPosts: 341Member
edited September 2019 in Work in Progress #1
Hi,

I started learning Blender just about two Months ago (though I have some previous experience in 3ds Max). Since I've allways been a Star Trek fan I mostly do starship, spacestation and shuttle models. Currently I'm working on a Destroyat class starship with some interiors.

I hope you enjoy some of the renders. And if not at least be nice :-P

m051g07vyp35.png
zfyw17lllcoa.png
zfpqr9jnxmfx.png
761dk0jjmn6h.png
5z8zhh47fksr.png
fuvr5ewvu7m3.png
jj1hdlcbssn4.png
m5qedqcoglz4.png
Post edited by Guerrilla on
ashleytingerRekkertBrandenbergLizzy777Zhor2395ora tzoslybrariankomaroRory1707
Tagged:

• ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    edited September 2019 #2
    I LOVE the interior corridors with the windows! You've done a fantastic job with this!

I think my only criticism is that for TOS era, the hull seems paperthin there when even in TNG it was still pretty thick.
    Post edited by ashleytinger on
    P5ych0p4th
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Beautiful stuff! I love that windowed corridor and that conference room, I can't wait to see more! :)

I do agree about the thickness of the hull though, it's a little detail that gives rooms a lot more realism. As an example, here's a window from the TOS Enterprise.
    P5ych0p4th
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    A very promising ship design. Nice interior stuff. I'm interested.
    P5ych0p4th
  • I14R10I14R1070 Posts: 140Member
    Very cool. You managed to capture that 60s feel.
    P5ych0p4th
  • ChiefBrexChiefBrex256 North CarolinaPosts: 110Member
    Interiors look great. I agree with the hull looking a little thin. These ships are designed to take some punishment.
    P5ych0p4th
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's some really nice work so far. I like how the interiors are progressing. They definitely have that '60s feel to them.
    P5ych0p4th
  • P5ych0p4thP5ych0p4th476 GermanyPosts: 341Member
    Thanks for the positve feedback!

Now that you say it, the walls seem a little thin. I might have thought, it looks a little more futuristic that way. But my next ship will have thicker walls, I promise ... now I just have to decide, which one that shall be ... and maybe finish this one first.

I'll also have some fresh renders later, however, the forum won't let me upload them at the moment ... weird.
    So here are the promised renders. Im still not happy with the lighting of the interiors, but the textures and layout are where I want them to be. I also added an image of the admitedly no - yet - very interesting Unterside.

iu383a0et7ch.jpg
    miuehrtea7tk.jpg
    verxlld17mcu.jpg
    RekkertLizzy777Rory1707
    I love that first render with the hull panels removed, it looks great!
    What is it about your lighting that you're not happy with? You're using Cycles, aren't you?
    P5ych0p4th
    Rekkert wrote: »
    What is it about your lighting that you're not happy with? You're using Cycles, aren't you?

I feels a little dark to my eyes. Maybe I will be adding some lights to the walls instead of just having them on the ceiling.

And yeah, I‘m using cycles. Not a fan of the videogame-y look you geht with eevee.
    Sooo ... I added some detail to the top of the secondary hull and gave her a registry and two airlocks.

1p96j8kvd7y9.jpg
    xrq62fpzwweh.jpg

However after I rendered two pictures, I wasn't happy with the phaser turrets and the shape ot the airlock, so I redid both of them. Looks okay now, though I'm still not entirely happy with it.

r5bz7zmbaavb.png
    fsa86zhtkr5z.png
    o8p9sipnv83u.png
    1vx0zkq0fizp.png

Also the windows are a little bit too clear for my taste. I might tint them or add some dirt ... oh well ... the work never ends :-D
    RekkertashleytingerLizzy777Brandenberg
    Did some Work on the nacelles today

qldyf0bicna8.jpg

4qcb16wu98lb.png

RekkertLizzy777evil_genius_180Brandenberg
    Didn't do much today but thought, I look how the thing is looking as a whole now. So I did two renders in glorious 4K to see. Still a lot of work but I'm quite happy with it.

yh4v5taydnrg.jpg

a0mfvmzvx7ih.jpg

Sadly my Bar Exam is coming up, so I won't have much time to do much with it for the forseeable future.
    Lizzy777ashleytingerevil_genius_180Brandenberg
    The new pieces are looking great! I love the metallic material you have on the nacelles. :)
    P5ych0p4th
    Good luck on the exam!
    P5ych0p4th
    Everything is looking great, especially the deflector. I really like the material for that.

Good luck with the bar exam. :)
    P5ych0p4th
    Good luck on the exam!
    Good luck with the bar exam. :)

Thanks! I'm afraid, I'm going to need that :-D

ora tzo
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Great!
    P5ych0p4th
    Since I didn't need my machine today, I could render out some of the stuff I did yesterday but didn't get to post.

The science lab/medical office is pretty much done. I rendered it in 4K but sadly the denoising kills most of the texture detail. However rendering the samples required for a crisp picture would probably melt my poor little notebook :#

o94h76balaef.jpg

Then I experimented with an aztecing pattern on the nacelles. I'm still unsure if it is too much or not enoungh. However since it's the firste time I did something like this at all, I'm quite happy with it.

q9kdm680lek2.png

Lastly I started laying out the bridge. It's not quite a classic TOS design, since I allways enjoyed the "Hotel in Space"-Look a little more than the militaristic feel, some bridges have. But I think, it should still fit well within a TOS aesthetic. I just realized after rendering, that the monitor layout looks like a couple of shocked faces looking down on my poor andorian redshirt :o ... oh well =)

64naawqgi8hu.png

The "painting" in the back is just one of the renders form yesterday put through some filters on my phone ... for that little effort, I'm actually quite fond of the result.

fzb536991604.jpg

PS: since it's a longer text, I hope my english is at least comprehensible. I wrote this after a long day of german basic contract law and while learning spanish on the other monitor =)
    RekkertLizzy777Brandenberg
    I really like that bridge layout. :) Really nice work all around
    P5ych0p4th
    Som views of the bar and the bridge from the outside. Having a nice single malt during a firefight probably comes with quite the view :-D

fy4le0fydcyq.jpg

Also some aztecing on the saucer. Though I turned down the bump after that render. That was probably a little too much.

u5da8o2bvd8l.png
    evil_genius_180BrandenbergLizzy777komaro
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Those phaser turrets are really nice. I like your ship.
    P5ych0p4th
    That bridge is looking sick! Same with those last few renders, great progress all around. :)

If I may offer a bit of feedback on the ship though, I'd suggest leaving at least a couple of meters below each hardpoint on the hull (phasers, RCS thrusters, hatches, etc.) for the machinery that those components need.
    For example, the TMP style phaser turrets supposedly have a big power coupling below them under the hull, so it couldn't fit on top of the bar area. Same with the RCS thrusters, they need space inside the hull for gas tanks and other related machinery, so they couldn't fit with a window located on the saucer rim right where they are.
    Of course it isn't needed per se, it is your design; but it's a little touch that, IMO, helps with making it feel more real. :)
    P5ych0p4th
    edited September 2019 #25
    Rekkert wrote: »
    If I may offer a bit of feedback on the ship though, I'd suggest leaving at least a couple of meters below each hardpoint on the hull (phasers, RCS thrusters, hatches, etc.) for the machinery that those components need.
    For example, the TMP style phaser turrets supposedly have a big power coupling below them under the hull, so it couldn't fit on top of the bar area. Same with the RCS thrusters, they need space inside the hull for gas tanks and other related machinery, so they couldn't fit with a window located on the saucer rim right where they are.
    Of course it isn't needed per se, it is your design; but it's a little touch that, IMO, helps with making it feel more real. :)

Yeah. I think, that goes to the bigger Problem, that The Hull simply is a little bit too thin. I might be able to set the Bar down a Meter or so without having to redo too much of the Model itsself. With the Thrusters I'm not all that happy anyway. Maybe I lose them or model another solution. Maybe a more traditional RCS Thruster look, like die NX-01 Enterprise had ...

Thanks for the input!

Post edited by P5ych0p4th on
    Still trying to get the aztecing right. And I put some furniture and lights in the Crewquaters on the upper saucer.

13qvm7foq2ci.jpg

p90qqjg3pgw9.png

I also did a little more work on the bridge but that'll have to be rendered tomorrow
    RekkertLizzy777evil_genius_180
    The quarters are looking fantastic.

Aztec definitely takes a lot of work and tweaking to get right.
    P5ych0p4th
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    This is all very cool! Nice work!
    P5ych0p4th
  • komarokomaro348 CanadaPosts: 752Member
    I don't know Blender that much, but this is a nice result. Your interiors are well done. This take a lot of patience. I might try Blender eventually since 3dsmax got rid of Mental Ray. Not sure yet.
    P5ych0p4th
    scifieric wrote: »
    This is all very cool! Nice work!

Thanks! This means a lot coming from you since I learned starship modeling in Blender basically with your Enterprise Tutorial!

scifieric
  • ChiefBrexChiefBrex256 North CarolinaPosts: 110Member
    This ship looks amazing. I love your interiors. You're doing a great job!
    P5ych0p4th