Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAshley's Star Trek WIP Thread

• BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Looking forward to more.
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    edited July 2019 #243
    psCargile wrote: »
    Excellent stuff. Deflector pod is a nice touch.

Thank you! I didn't want to go with the saucer mounted Saladin style and saw a Miranda TOS take with the Deflector kind of in something like that, so I thought I'd make my own with a much less complicated design to fit the era. ;)
    I really like the history of the ship. :)

Thank you! It kind of evolved as I was cutting her up. I just knew I wanted a civilian ship that could ferry personnel, had the saucer look, and she kind of evolved from there. Part of the idea came from the Wizard off Deadliest Catch. Wizard started off as a fuel hauler in World War II and got refit into a fishing boat years later. I figured if a World War II navy ship was kicking around as a civilian fishing boat, why couldn't a Starfleet scout have ended up as something similar?
    Interesting, bussard work too.

Thanks! I wanted something a little different and couldn't decide on a look for the warp nacelles but I knew how I wanted them to work so I built the internals for it first. Nacelle Internals Mostly completed

Zhor2395 wrote: »
    Well now, that's a nice sight =)

Thanks!
    Freak wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with being Nerdy.
    It just means your passionate about your project. We are all like that otherwise we would not love these franchises.

love the ship history BTW.

Very true and thank you!

Looking forward to more.

Well I've been prepping around the house and at work for a vacation this week along with a heat wave and a malfunctioning AC so I'm a bit.. exhausted really. I need these days off. Probably going to be modeling a bit this weekend when everyone is asleep. Got my sickbay revamp to work on and my Phase II bridge controls to detail ;)

I did throw this together using MadMan's Defiant refit that Mattymanx converted to Poser.

frontier_rendezvous_by_ashleytinger_ddc086l-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9Mjk4IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZGMwODZsLTNlYzNhNzEwLWIwZDEtNGE4My04ZGQ5LWEyZjk0MzIzNTRlNy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.SRfSV6kJViXZ9xOjVkYUVcNIi6IT-5hCkKdB6W-ZVv8

Mainly gives it a sense of scale but I wanted to see it 'in the wild' as well. ;)

Post edited by ashleytinger on
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180Brandenberg
    edited August 2019 #244
    Back to interiors! Engineering station components are done. On to Communications!

phase_ii___tmp_bridge_console_refresh_wip_06_by_ashleytinger_dddhbhl-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTc2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZGRoYmhsLTY0YzhmYmYxLWM3ZTQtNDQwOC1hNWI0LWQzODcyNDBlOTdmZC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.KQZ5rH1lqQ-Kh0ZgB_Q8bppBt-ZxYparWdeJkTZXaG4

The Communications station has a LOT of console bits to it. Makes me respect Uhura even more. Holy hell were ship communications complicated in the 23rd Century. 12 more parts to the Communications station to model and then on to the science station. Only 6 of those are on the console, the rest are part of the display screens.

Built and Rendered in TrueSpace 3.2
    Post edited by ashleytinger on
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777FreakVipershaved_apeBrandenberg
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very Cool!
  • ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator
    Wow, those controls are awesome! Nice work.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That is some really nice work.
    Holy hell were ship communications complicated in the 23rd Century. 12 more parts to the Communications station to model and then on to the science station. Only 6 of those are on the console, the rest are part of the display screens.

And to think, in the 24th century, all they do is press the "hail" control on the tactical or ops consoles. :P (yes, I know there's more to it than that)
    Very Cool!

Thanks! Lots of little work to doing this manually. Hoping that it doesn't kill the render times when I port it over to DAZ lol

Thanks!
    Viper wrote: »
    Wow, those controls are awesome! Nice work.

Thanks! Still got quite a few to do but it's coming along :)
    That is some really nice work.
    Holy hell were ship communications complicated in the 23rd Century. 12 more parts to the Communications station to model and then on to the science station. Only 6 of those are on the console, the rest are part of the display screens.

And to think, in the 24th century, all they do is press the "hail" control on the tactical or ops consoles. :P (yes, I know there's more to it than that)

Thanks! Yeah Worf and Data make it look so damned easy. They had a computer fine tuning everything while Uhura had to do all this fine tuning with power regulation from the Warp and Impulse engines, tuning into the right subspace band, making sure there was a relay in between... Oi.

evil_genius_180
    Now I'm thinking about Galaxy Quest.

"Like I know where the 'hold' button is."
    phase_ii_klingon_bridge_concept_wip_01_by_ashleytinger_dde6un6-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTcyMCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGRlNnVuNi0yYjBiYjdjMC00ODcyLTRjNTQtYTllMS1jYmRhYzgzYTdlNzkuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.oulTzvjI5b3yCDleqDvmM60ro6h4-niHvgn8WKriLsA

I honestly have zero idea if I'm going to continue with this or not, but I wanted to see what this would have looked like beyond the blueprints from Phase II. This was the concept, or blueprints, for the Klingon bridge from Phase II before it got massively overhauled to become the Klingon bridge in the Motion Picture. @Donny posted the blueprints over on the TrekBBS site and I decided to give it a quick pass (like 2 hours) to see what it looked like built, roughly.

It would definitely need refinement, especially as this is a partial set. Through the doors is just a series of wild walls and where the camera is rendering from in the first shot is just completely open. It works as a small set but you're limited on angles.

Built and Rendered in TrueSpace 3.2

Lizzy777Donnyevil_genius_180BrandenbergFreakMadKoiFish
    Don't think I seen those blueprints.
    But it an interesting concept.
    Don't think I seen those blueprints.
    But it an interesting concept.

I hadn't either until Donny shared them. ;)

Definitely going to play a bit with the set but first...

24th_century_engineering_wip_04_by_ashleytinger_ddekfqp-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTMyIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZGVrZnFwLTg2MzI4MjBiLWRlMmEtNDFjMS04ZDNkLTQwN2MzM2Y4Y2NjZi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.dpUcbugX-tN8pBYOA1T-6ItEse_jzlgBOwncbaF8PDc

Poking around a little bit at my 24th Century ship interior, I had a rethink about my Engineering plans after checking out some blueprints that were recently put in front of my eyeballs and I'm thinking that I will probably go this route. The idea is to open up Engineering so it's not the cramped set-up I built for the 23rd Century version, but also, it's not nearly as automated as say the Enterprise D, think mid-24th Century. I'm keeping the same basic warp core area and set-up but it's built to contain the core and JUST the core. No extras. Warp engines are dangerous. So it'll have that and a big door that can drop in emergencies. The area just passed the core is a big kind of meeting area with several consoles around it and the 'pool' table. Not all of this is going to be consoles as one wall is going to be turned into access panels and the wall opposite that will be the massive MSD for the ship. 4 entrances/exits in this area, one being a turbolift. At the back end is the Chief Engineer's office (and head but I'm probably not going to model the head) and in a side alcove there's either going to be a small break area or one of those huge clear displays and then we have a set of four consoles and a wraparound console. The main entrance to Engineering will be open and have the big doors except during Red Alert when that will seal off except for authorized personnel.

This is a LOT bigger than what I'd originally planned, and I might bring the sides in a bit. This is also EXTREMELY rough as I'm just trying to get a feel for this and even see if I want to pursue it.

Overall I think I like the feel as it's bigger and overly complicated than the TMP/Phase II Engineering set I built and it's not as streamlined as the Engineering of the ships in the later 24th Century so it kind of fits in that gap.

Has it really been 7 months since I touched this set?? Oi.

Built in TrueSpace 3.2
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777Brandenberg
    It looks like a good setup.

On a side note, it both brings back fond memories and induces a slight shudder to see that Truespace interface again whenever you post screenshots. ;)
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9711 Posts: 5,302Member
    lol, yeah it reminds me of the 90s. Used TS way back in 96 97?

Really like that klingon bridge.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    It looks like a good setup.

On a side note, it both brings back fond memories and induces a slight shudder to see that Truespace interface again whenever you post screenshots. ;)

Thanks! Can't take all the credit as the basic layout is in the Khai Tan technical manual, although I've changed several things about it.

I try not to include the interface but at this point in the re-work renders just didn't seem worth it LOL
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    lol, yeah it reminds me of the 90s. Used TS way back in 96 97?

Really like that klingon bridge.

I started with it back in 96. I've tried Blender, Lightwave, even Sketchup, but I just end up going back to what I know how to model in even if it's ancient.

And thanks! I've decided to flesh it out a bit from the partial set and make it more of a full set. Planning a Klingon version and a Romulan version.

edited August 2019 #256
    I tried Truespace 2 back in 2000, because it was a lot cheaper than LW and Max. I tried Blender in '05 but couldn't make heads or tails of it. Then I found out TS 3.2 was free and used that, TS 4 and TS 7.6 for several years. I switched to Lightwave in 2012 and nowadays fluctuate between that and Blender. Blender has really come a long way since '05, and I really like it. But, seeing that TS interface definitely brings back some nostalgia.
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
    I tried Truespace 2 back in 2000, because it was a lot cheaper than LW and Max. I tried Blender in '05 but couldn't make heads or tails of it. Then I found out TS 3.2 was free and used that, TS 4 and TS 7.6 for several years. I switched to Lightwave in 2012 and nowadays fluctuate between that and Blender. Blender has really come a long way since '05, and I really like it. But, seeing that TS interface definitely brings back some nostalgia.

Yeah I only use it to model. Can't be sticking with those mid to late 90s render shots ;)

Apparently I needed a break from building the TMP consoles and cleaning up a set because I just dove into this face first.

24th_century_engineering_wip_05_by_ashleytinger_ddeo9x0-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTAxIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZGVvOXgwLTcxMTQ2NWE4LTNjNzQtNDViZi04ZjllLTQ0ZWY3Yjg4YTVkOC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.dlG81ZQg8qh-E7pXqy-grUnx-ZW6LVU_RA48czu8MD8

Copied over the basics and the warp core area I'd previously detailed and started refining the bracing, the wrap around console, a high wall mounted wall piece that mirrors the same wall part from my 24th Century Corridor set, and imported some basic wall sets to give actual exits to Engineering you could have people walk in from. You can see my rough work in the background.

I slapped some quick labels on various parts so it's a bit more obvious when I talk about different areas I'm working on.

One big change, while I generally kept placement the same, I did slim the area down a bit and instead of having jutting entrances everything for the most part follows the walls as a result. Makes it easier on me with the bracing and it fits in better with my previously established 24th Century corridor aesthetics.

Built in TrueSpace 3.2
    That's looking great.
    Yeah I only use it to model. Can't be sticking with those mid to late 90s render shots ;)

Good call. I don't even think it has specular mapping. I think that was added in TS4.
    That's looking great.

Good call. I don't even think it has specular mapping. I think that was added in TS4.

Yeah it definitely does not have specular mapping. lol

24th_century_engineering_wip_06_by_ashleytinger_ddeq34l-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTAxIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZGVxMzRsLTc2OWUzZmJkLTFjNzUtNGI4Ny1iNmIzLTJiZDZlZjM5OTMzNi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.hQnaK1m_SZ-O5ywdfL4JtP9528_6IL4QdAYDPsmKvBs

Imported a few more parts from the corridor sets I'd already built and worked them into the Engineering set. Also brought in the clear displays from the corridor and dropped in a wall of access panels. I decided that Engineering isn't going to have a break area. The smaller consoles are in and I settled on a design for the Master Systems Display. I also imported the Diagnostics table from the CIC I'd built. I like the design and since TNG just used the same table from TVH, I can use my table I built for Phase II in my set. :P

I'm trying to work out how to build my wall of isolinear chips. I'm thinking at least 6 banks of them but I'm not sure how detailed I want to get, if at all, with the chips. I'm thinking uncovered and loose, so a simple texture is out. That and the design of the wall. Oi.

Built in TrueSpace 3.2
    evil_genius_180Brandenberg
    24th_century_engineering_wip_07_by_ashleytinger_ddeunbf-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTAxIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZGV1bmJmLTVhNDRhZjNiLWZjMDYtNGFhOC04MjU3LTQzMGNhY2M5MWRmNC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.sdvzyaP7d1heDlYvicbQRIPx79YhrHSvsx8gFwFX_6U

After going over screenshots from The Naked Now, I finally settled on the layout and set-up for my wall of isolinear control chips. Since this is going to be the only place they're visible in this version of Engineering I slotted in 6 of them instead of 3. Also put in the panel details on each one even though in the episode the panel in the middle was the only one to have the detailing.

Left to do:
    Refine the cross-beams
    Ceilings
    install ladder and access ports for the Jefferies Ladder (need ceiling first)
    Chief's Office and furniture
    Back wall
    blank wall details (probably swiping these from my TMP Transporter set)
    Jefferies corridor
    turbolifts
    regular corridor section
    LCARS graphics
    ST IV-VI graphics versions for 'older' engine room

Built in TrueSpace 3.2
    ddezckj-2c830c65-bdc0-4b2f-8b1b-6a5a9a3e9e1f.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGRlemNrai0yYzgzMGM2NS1iZGMwLTRiMmYtOGIxYi02YTVhOWEzZTllMWYuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.-mEOQ-eZmbw0U6y3py77NQ9VsytaixZM34EFxHnoRxM

Very rough sketch of an idea I've had for a few weeks. While I do love the TOS Bird of Prey and the revamped design Atolm did for a refit, it's never sat well with me that the Bird of Prey in Star Trek III was supposed to be a Romulan vessel. Yeah it's Klingon in the film but it was built long before they'd changed the villains from the Klingons to the Romulans. For a Romulan ship though, it lacks... elegance.

So, my school of thought here, is this Bird of Prey was started about the same time as the Klingon version and they had the same basic design idea down. The Klingons wanted a fast strike ship that was small and agile and could run with minimal crew and looked savage. The Romulans, growing tired of the Klingons need for barbary, went in another direction. Taking the lesson they learned from the TOS plasma weapon, they refined their weapon and bird of prey design so that it was still fearsome, but they had also started screwing around with artificial singularities to power their ships, so instead of just impulse, they had a full blown warp drive once again.

To give their Bird of Prey a more elegant look, as well as provide more space for power, they built the wings in a fixed position, and using their Vulcan ancestry, built their warp engines in the spirit of the Vulcan ring ships and into the wings of their ship, leaving a very haunting glow to come off the back of the wings and a highly unusual warp signature on enemy scanners. Since the plasma weapon was taxing, even with the singularity, they added modified disruptors that they lifted from the Klingons to the center of their wings where they could draw the most power with less effort.

Slightly larger than the Klingon version, which was tagged more as an aggressive scout, the ouye'Llaihr class was considered a frigate or corvette as it patrolled along the borders before the Romulans self-imposed exile through most of the 24th Century.

Obviously, this is a sketch. One that I really think I want to turn into a full blown model for some Starfleet Captain to need a change of pants after getting a look at it.

Lizzy777RekkertMcCFreak
    It looks interesting.

Fun fact: In a deleted scene extension, Commander Hansen (the outpost commander) mentions that Romulan spies must have stolen design ideas from Starfleet, that's why the original Bird of Prey strongly resembles a Federation ship. Had they kept the Romulan connection in Star Trek III, I think it's obvious that the Romulans would no longer be stealing ideas from Starfleet. ;)
    ashleytinger
    It looks interesting.

Fun fact: In a deleted scene extension, Commander Hansen (the outpost commander) mentions that Romulan spies must have stolen design ideas from Starfleet, that's why the original Bird of Prey strongly resembles a Federation ship. Had they kept the Romulan connection in Star Trek III, I think it's obvious that the Romulans would no longer be stealing ideas from Starfleet. ;)

Very true. It also lends to some of the less than Klingon behavior in Star Trek III. Probably left over from the original Romulan involvement.
    Yeah, Kruge went through some changes along the way. He was originally Romulan, of course, but even in the final script he wasn't necessarily a typical Klingon commander. He was a war lord, hence being called "My Lord" and wasn't your typical Klingon officer.
    That a very cool Looking Bird of Prey and fits nicely with the Klingon/ Romulan Alliance, but it also fits with Romulan ships we see in the TNG era.

I hope you do build this.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Build it. :)
    That a very cool Looking Bird of Prey and fits nicely with the Klingon/ Romulan Alliance, but it also fits with Romulan ships we see in the TNG era.

I hope you do build this.

I am most definitely laying out some better plans. :)
    Build it. :)

It's on my project list. :)
    Yeah, Kruge went through some changes along the way. He was originally Romulan, of course, but even in the final script he wasn't necessarily a typical Klingon commander. He was a war lord, hence being called "My Lord" and wasn't your typical Klingon officer.

Very true. It's also possible that Kruge and his crew were outliers that embraced some of the Romulan hierarchy along with the tech? *shrugs*
    I have been dormant Trek wise for far too long. Been working on lots of non-Trek stuff and job hunting and getting my butt kicked by the holidays and work.

Anyway, I haven't come up with a title for this little series yet, but it's set on a smaller scout/science vessel during the TOS run. The Zodiac class has a crew of 40, only has 5 decks, is built to take a beating if needed and deliver one and she's fast. In response to Starfleet and the Federation being kept at arms length (no warships allowed) from an area on the border of Federation, Romulan and Klingon space known as the Triangle (see the old FASA RPG for details), Starfleet Intelligence and Command came up with this idea of a non-threatening (in appearance anyway) ship to scout and help out in the area and try and bring this Neutral area under the wing of the Federation.

Of course, the Orions, the free people who live in The Baker's Dozen, the Independent Klingon States, and a bunch of others that call the Triangle home have other ideas. Not to mention the Romulans and Klingons who want this area's rich resources for their own as well.

Anyway, the Aries is the last built of the Zodiac class. There are 13 ships in total, the Zodiac being the first of the line and the other signs followed.

I decided to go super-cartoony with my characters as I've been doing realistic renders all over the place with my fantasy and hard scifi stuff I've been working on and this is fast and fun.

uss_aries___corridor_test_tos_throwback_style_by_ashleytinger_ddrmi4x-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTc2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZHJtaTR4LWMxYzBlMDg3LWU1OWQtNGIxNS04ZGM3LWM1OWU5ZTc4M2VhYy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.wu5R3cEhyjKLDGuAUDfebABB3w9sKAEdAhlCqXdqYms

I went back and tuned up my TOS Throwback corridor I built. I was originally going to go pure TOS so I could use existing sets available for free but then I tossed that idea because...well I can never do anything easy. :P

uss_aries_briefing_room_by_ashleytinger_ddrr4c5-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NjMzIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZHJyNGM1LTE3Nzc5NmVmLTgyY2UtNGM2NS1hMjJmLTM5NmM0NmI5NDUwYi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.WM6R7pl469twE6VK9bD242MZbQohITQYJWlfiOApEGQ

A Vulcan and a Tellarite have an argument in the briefing room and their Andorian Commander spaces the both of them. I know there's a punchline somewhere. :P Overall this shares some similarities to the TOS briefing room, but my own spin has been put on it. The idea is to use this as at least two other rooms, much like in TOS where it was used repeatedly for other rooms on the ship. So, Briefing Room now, Mess Hall and Lounge later?

uss_aries_mess_hall_by_ashleytinger_ddrtjy3-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NjMzIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZHJ0ankzLTQ3YTdhYTI1LTY3YTUtNDRlNC05YjVmLWQwYTBmODFkYTI0Ni5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.qkSeB8jNSTalGZQRpEVCyIs-9qeGy_IZil4Eb1fudgg

Google tells me that one of the top 5 colors for a dining area is turquoise, so here we are at the mess hall redress of the briefing room. With only a crew of 40, the mess hall here can seat half the crew for meal time while the other half works and sleeps. Yes, I may have stolen my own processor/replicator from my TOS Stateroom. :P I'm thinking the table are only going to light up when someone's sitting at them from now on and only if the crew members there request it.

More to come!
    P5ych0p4thevil_genius_180Warp Propulsion LaboratoryFreakLizzy777Brandenberg
    That looks great. I love the cartoony style.

Ugh, job hunting can be such a pain. Good luck with that.
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    This is great. It looks so alive and vibrant. :)
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
    If they where to do a TOS animated show. I love it if they did it in this styling.