Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    @ChiefBrex: Not exactly, but as Rusty mentioned, it reused several elements (though ironically all were modified in one way or the other).

@JMP11: I could add a display there, sure; though we do know the console looked that way in 'Parallels' already, thanks to this interview. :)
    tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2019-08-25-23-39-43.jpg?1566798859

I spent quite a bit of time this weekend trying to get the glass panels below the horseshoe to look more accurate. It's a weird material, as it's a frosted glass that's also reflective, while also having a light shone through the bottom. I completely remade the material from scratch, and I think it looks much better now.

I haven't been able to work much on the MSD graphic itself, but I have been working quite a bit on the arch it sits in. I've reshaped it somewhat to better fit in with screencaps (it's now quite a bit shorter than it was before from side to side, though it's still the same height).

I've also done the new LCARS panels for the alert status indicators, which were unique for this alternate bridge. They are certainly not perfect reproductions, but are the best I could do from the limited screencaps. The one besides the Ready Room door is completely conjectural though as we never saw that part of the bridge.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-12.jpg?1566798877
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-13.jpg?1566798881
    evil_genius_180ashleytingerLizzy777JMP11Brandenberg
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Yeah, it looks like a tricky material, especially without knowing exactly how it was done. But, your version looks great to me.
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    I think it's interesting that when they're filming they don't light up the consoles the audience can't see. Riker's chair panels aren't on and the Tactical Console is off when they're shooting from the front.

The set looks great @Rekkert even with the weird tongue. ;)
  • JMP11JMP1151 Posts: 130Member
    @Rekkert Dang Entertainment Tonight! Canon is only what appears on screen in episodes, right? :p

Have you noticed how the MSD is moved around during the episode? I think it’s funny how they must have moved it in between takes.

You can see the change in angle in the two screen-captures:
    bitf0etbg36t.jpeg
    3d0xjklsa2vi.jpeg

JMP11 wrote: »
    Have you noticed how the MSD is moved around during the episode? I think it’s funny how they must have moved it in between takes.

Wesley was bored. ;)
    JMP11BrandenbergRekkert
    If only Picard was around in that timeline to keep Wesley in line! :)
    JMP11 wrote: »

Wesley was bored. ;)

• Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    I remember when I was younger, I was imagining an MSD display that would overhang the tactical console (not to mention having an LED message board under it - which nowadays I wonder what the heck I was thinking). In this variation the horseshoe is still there, but instead of the tactical station being integrated into it, it is on a stand-up console behind it.
    edited August 2019 #2199
    @evil_genius_180: Thanks!

@ashleytinger: There's something more going on with the Captain's chair in this bridge iteration: it's always turned completely off (no LCARS keypads and no lights at the front of the armrests). My theories are that either they needed the power outlet usually used for it for the new vertical lights over the horseshoe; or they couldn't extend the power lines from the usual spot to the new... uh... "tongue" step.

@JMP11: Hahaha, yeah, they moved it quite a bit, all shots have it in a different spot. I originally thought it was placed at an angle because of that (like in that last shot you posted). I guess this was done to avoid glares from the set lights needed for each individual shot. Because of my OCD I could never be in a set like this, I'd always be moving things to be exactly centered and perpendicular. :p

@Rusty0918: That would certainly be a unique arrangement!

I'm mostly done with the MSD. I've tweaked the size of the graphics to be better matches for the screencaps (it's a never ending tweaking with that thing!), I only need to do the remaining labels, some more work on the top view, and the graphics for the two... circle things...

The aft stations LCARS were modified as well, to better reflect their early season 7 version. They're mostly the same, but colors are somewhat modified, and the Engineering station is turned off when unused (as was the case for most of TNG actually).

Also, I've added the alternate combadge to the dedication plaque. This obviously wasn't done for the episode, but it would make sense to think the "real" ship had it.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-14.jpg?1566871649
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-15.jpg?1566871652
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    BrandenbergJMP11evil_genius_180Freak
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    There is so much that is amazing about your work. At the moment I'm appreciating the plaque and the indirect lighting in the upper right corner.
    Progress looks great on the panel.
    Rekkert
    BTW, at first I thought you just dropped images of Riker, Troi, Worf and Wheaton into your interior. Oh wait. Maybe you did.
    Rekkert
    @Rekkert Nice touch with the dedication plaque, I didn't think of changing the combadge there!
    Rekkert
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    I wouldn't have even looked that closely if you hadn't said anything.
    Rekkert
    edited August 2019 #2204
    @Brandenberg: Thank you very much mate!

@JMP11: Haha, I've been thinking about where to place it for a while before it hit me, such an obvious place. :p

The MSD is now finished! Once I started doing the circle thingies I realized the graphic on them is exactly the same, so that was easier than expected. Unless I'm missing something, I think the bridge is complete now.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-16.jpg?1566898333
    evil_genius_180JMP11ashleytingerFreakshaved_apeLizzy777Brandenberg
    That MSD on the glass looks really slick.
    JMP11
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    This is looking very nice!
  • ChiefBrexChiefBrex256 North CarolinaPosts: 110Member
    I'm still floored by the quality of this bridge....
    I know it's a small dumb point, but part of what makes these so realistic is how accurate the look of the carpet texture and color is.
    Thanks for the comments! :)

While I'm still rendering out all the final renders for the Parallels bridge, I've been working on the Probert concept, fleshing out the aft and side stations. Still got to add the chairs, as you can see.

The keyboard area here is slightly extruded outward rather than inward as it is on the final bridge, to be a bit more accurate to the concept. I'm planning on adding more fabric padding on each side of the console banks.

Also, in case anyone hadn't noticed yet: THIS THING IS HUGE! :p

tadeo-d-oria-c3-07.jpg?1567060569
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180shaved_apeFreak
    That looks great.

If they had used this bridge, it would have been a budget nightmare to keep those stations manned.
  • shaved_apeshaved_ape433 USAPosts: 158Member
    I don't know, seems a tad too big. You'd need a golf cart to get back and forth. lol

As for the rendering, MAGNIFICENT!
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    Looks like a giant Internet Cafe.
    Rekkert
    edited August 2019 #2213
    @evil_genius_180: They probably wouldn't have bothered, like they did with the aft stations in TNG anyway. :lol:

@shaved_ape: Yeah, or site to site transporters at each end. :p

@Rusty0918: Hahaha, talk about Trek predicting the future!

Here are the finished renders for the Parallels bridge:
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1567072373
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1567072312
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1567072315
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1567072318
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1567072321
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-enterprise-d-bridge-parallels-cutaway.jpg?1567072299
    Brandenbergevil_genius_180Lizzy777Warp Propulsion LaboratoryashleytingerFreak
    Niiiiicccccceeee.
    Those renders are gorgeous.
    Rekkert wrote: »
    @evil_genius_180: They probably wouldn't have bothered, like they did with the aft stations in TNG anyway. :lol:

I was thinking that too. But, as I'm sure you know, that's why they never had the side stations except for in the episode Yesterday's Enterprise and in Generations. They didn't want to spend the money on extras to keep them manned. At least the rear stations were useful for main characters to use and for the occasional guest star to be stationed at. ;)
    Plus they looked nice back there, on a wall we saw way more often than the side walls.
    Plus they looked nice back there, on a wall we saw way more often than the side walls.

Yep, you can nicely frame a shot in 4:3 that contains all of the bridge stations.

If I remember correctly, the back story on them not needing to be constantly manned was that they really were only for specialized use because their basic functions were redundant to other bridge stations and their more advanced functions were carried out elsewhere in the ship. Data, of course, made most frequent use of the science and computer stations, presumably when he needed to do something he couldn't on his ops panel. And, of course, the engineering station was a convenient way to get LaForge into the action on the bridge, much as Scotty used the bridge engineering station on TOS.
    Yeah, I always felt that the consoles were direct lines to the various departments, a way to coordinate the department with the bridge. The way Geordi would come up to the bridge and the rear Engineering console, I figure it's the same way for the other four.
    evil_genius_180
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    These renders are terrific! As an archviz guy myself I can appreciate these. Lighting looks very close to the show too.
    Brandenberg
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Loving the Parallels Bridge.

And those render look sweet!
    edited September 2019 #2221
    @Brandenberg: Thanks!

@evil_genius_180: In the end, we decided to remove those side consoles from the concept bridge after all. I'll post an update about that later in the week.

@furswift: Thanks! I strive to achieve that TV look on those. :)

@Freak: Thank you!

Some of you might remember that earlier this year I started a commission for Slybrarian (the USS Stormcrow model) which I was unable to finish due to personal issues and stress I was going through at that time. Rather than taking in a refund for the unfinished commission, they suggested it would be easier if it would just be considered as part of the payment for the next commission requested. This weekend said commission materialized, and as it wasn't an extremely big one (and I don't like being in debt to people), I decided to tackle it this week.

The commission is the bridge of the Nebula-Class USS Zephyr, NCC-76720. The ship is post Dominion War, and the design of the room is a mix of my previous Galaxy-Class bridges, mixed in with some Voyager influence.

The railings on the side stations were extended further back, and translucent glass panels were added to them, similar in style to the Parallels horseshoe glass panel, which was also brought into the design. The horseshoe itself got the upgrades created for the Frontier bridge, but merging to the familiar shape of the TNG version at the edges.

The command chairs are in the usual TNG configuration, but are of the Ent-E design; while the regular console chairs are lifted from the TNG conference room, with the added Starfleet logo on the back. These chairs were also added to the aft looking consoles, and the tactical station.

Several key areas are still in progress. The aft alcoves will be completely replaced, while the LCARS still display the Galaxy silhouette rather than the Nebula on several elements. The orange alert status indicators will also probably go away; and the floors will also receive a new treatment, with new colors and maybe even a different material rather than carpet.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-04.jpg?1567557735
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1567557177
    ashleytingerevil_genius_180BrandenbergWarp Propulsion Laboratory