Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBaton Rouge - Mycelial drive prototype

BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
edited May 2019 in Work in Progress #1
So, imagine you're me, and mess up the backstories of two ships. On the one hand we have the Baton Rouge: a ship with a minor story behind it, mainly from some pictures wherein the nacelle is seen drifting in space next to it. Oh. That was supposed to be a repair thing? Right. Oopsy #1. Then there's the Bonaventure; this one should be more familiar to Trek fans. This ship was seen in TAS: The Time Trap, where it was trapped in a pocket dimension. Now with Discovery, we know that the mycelial drive isn't as safe a technology as you'd expect from Starfleet. But hey, they were at war, mistakes were made; can't say I blame them. But now let's mash those two stories together, apply some DSC cream into it, and we get... The Baton Rouge!

This ship is an illegal attempt by Section 31 to take Stamets' research and apply it themselves. My original idea was that Control was already gaining sentience and appropriated the tech, but failed to grasp the finer details. So, yeah sure, holes in the saucer!.. but no revelving saucersection. Because I still don't quite understand why those thing revolve. But hey, whatever. Looks kinda cool! Then, during testruns, the ship vanished with all hands on board... into the pocket dimension! Just waiting for the Enterprise to show up and... not really helping them. Poor souls...eepu45ka2biq.png
Post edited by Guerrilla on
Lizzy777evil_genius_180lennier1
Tagged:

• BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    Also working on: Engineering, the shuttlebay (to follow) and the bridge (to follow).

cgry5cjfkwjc.jpg
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    edited May 2019 #3
    Nice looking ship.
    What are you building it in?

As for the Section 31 and Control back story, not a fan. But that only because I hate that freaking Control storyline. You have an A.I that wants to get information to become an A.I yet dose not know it is already a A.I.
    Post edited by Freak on
    BorgMan
    Freak wrote: »
    Nice looking ship.
    What are you building it in?

As for the Section 31 and Control back story, not a fan.

Yeah, I know. I just searched for a reason to incorporate mycelial tech and this was the easiest (and most plausible) way...

Still building in SketchUp. I'll be upgrading to 2019 soon, but right now I'm running 2015. Rendered in Kerkythea, pending my acceptance of Thea renderer. I still seem to have trouble letting it behave the way I want it to...
  • admiral hortonadmiral horton201 Posts: 145Member
    i want it
    Did some work on... well, everything. Except for the bridge and engineering. Those'll have to wait...

HqoBhS9.jpg

The paneling is coming along quite nicely. I'm in doubt if I want to have windows on the outer ring. Perhaps a few, but I want to paint a very clear picture that the outer ring isn't meant for habitation.

x2OmI2G.jpg

The secondary hull does have windows! Also very clear: the new warp coil covers! The nacelles still need intercoolers at the aft though...

ALk3gMl.jpg

Peek into the shuttlebay! It's coming along quite fine...
    evil_genius_180BrandenbergLizzy777Freak
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    This is looking really good so far. :)
    BorgMan wrote: »
    Because I still don't quite understand why those thing revolve. But hey, whatever. Looks kinda cool!

That's why it revolves. I'm sure there's some BS explanation for it, but it's really just because it's intended to look cool.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Oooooh. I like this one.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very nice BrogMan
    So, I've opted to change the name to Subutai; Genghis Kahn's (and arguably world's) best general. I wanted to go for Kublai Kahn but that's a bit too much Kahn... There's more coming up, but I just wanted to show you guys the close-to-final model.

IGJPF9E.jpg

I already decided that the secondary mycelial vents right next to the navigation lights are going the way of the dodo; they're blinding out the navlights. Don't have much use for navlights if you can't see them, right?

vZZS0z0.jpg
    Lizzy777ashleytingerFreak
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Looks good, BorgMan. Indeed, nav lights are useless if you can't see them.