Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNostromo

124»

• publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Starrigger wrote: »
    Guys I am deeply troubled and don't really know what to do at this time. ...and am not sure if I should just let it go,

Easy for me to say--I know--but it is best to let it go. Don't let it eat you up. Just protect yourself better in the future.
    I am even interested in the left-over flash of the three-D prints. Collect those from many kits--and make a Borg ship out of left-overs.

• StarriggerStarrigger475 Posts: 698Member
    Thanks for the words guys, publiusr you are probably right... Movin' on out!

I think I will use this as a catalyst to get a few of my many projects completed. Keep an eye out for upcoming posts... I hope you will find them AMAZING!

Steve.
    Come on over to my place CGI Worlds
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    Definitely, man!

Sorry to hear about your mesh theft. Getting ripped off is part of being a creative, it totally sucks. You can let it eat you up, but consider this: you're good enough to steal from. The next stage: becoming iconic, recognizable, so people recognize your work in the field. THey'll spot the rip-offs for themselves. The best way to do that: be fruitful, create more works, different works, find your style, improve, experiment... protect yourself, but share. An artist needs an audience, after all!

What I always ask myself when I'm writing, drawing, photographing, whatever, is: what do I see that no one else sees? What do *I* find important? What can I do that no one else can do? And I try to steer myself in that direction. And I also ask what I would expect to see, what would someone else do, ask myself why they would do that, and go in the opposite direction.
    Definitely, man!

Sorry to hear about your mesh theft. Getting ripped off is part of being a creative, it totally sucks. You can let it eat you up, but consider this: you're good enough to steal from. The next stage: becoming iconic, recognizable, so people recognize your work in the field. THey'll spot the rip-offs for themselves. The best way to do that: be fruitful, create more works, different works, find your style, improve, experiment... protect yourself, but share. An artist needs an audience, after all!

What I always ask myself when I'm writing, drawing, photographing, whatever, is: what do I see that no one else sees? What do *I* find important? What can I do that no one else can do? And I try to steer myself in that direction. And I also ask what I would expect to see, what would someone else do, ask myself why they would do that, and go in the opposite direction.

As Always, spot on!... Thanks

Steve
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Always sad to hear of artwork theft, nothing more frustrating!

Can you re-post images of Ron Cobbs original Nostromo concept you created. It is no longer visible. Thnx!!
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    @BlueNeumann - Really well said. Regarding your thieves, I wish people valued integrity. At the end of the day, it's the most important thing we have.
    srspicer wrote: »
    Always sad to hear of artwork theft, nothing more frustrating!

Can you re-post images of Ron Cobbs original Nostromo concept you created. It is no longer visible. Thnx!!

Sorry about that, should be good now