Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DA new Jupiter 2 that makes sense

• AvianAvian203 Posts: 210Member
    85q3q79rcc18.png
    Lizzy777rojrenFenniusBrandenbergsrspicerP5ych0p4th
    82s3ips9h7u9.png
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777rojrenBrandenbergsrspicerCinnamonP5ych0p4th
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Nice work. That's so realistic looking I feel like I could step right into it. :)
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    That is very nice.
    :)
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Just loving that.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    I always liked that show and have followed your ship for years. You've done yourself proud.
  • DesertraptorDesertraptor0 Posts: 2Member
    Hi everyone. I just stumbled on this site looking for J2 info.
    This looks awesome.
    Is this a new web show as an alternative to the Netflix show which obviously moved away from the original J2?
  • DesertraptorDesertraptor0 Posts: 2Member
    Ok just went back over history. sad to see this was canned seems in favor of the Netflix series which has left the original J2 sadly.
    This looks a far better ship than that which they settled on. Although the idea of Jupiter carrier looks very Netflix.
    B6yu0Tv.png
    McCevil_genius_180BrandenbergrojrenP5ych0p4thsrspicer
    CGbvmIV.png
    McCLizzy777evil_genius_180BrandenbergrojrenP5ych0p4thsrspicerMadKoiFish
    Your renders are absolutely gorgeous.
    Brandenberg
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Yes that's it :)
    Top Notch. I wish they had used yours for Netflix.
    edited August 2019 #315
    Thanks Gang! As this is a WIP thread, I should probably post some progress images too ;) I'm in the process of making more detailed, hi-res versions of the cabins as well. The first couple of pics are of Cabin A, presumably John & Maureen's.
    Since the closets on the real set were dummies that could be removed so that cameras could be positioned for scenes inside the cabins, I created a simple interior for them. Storage bins below echo the wall drawers under the beds. Hanging space and shelf are above. And because there are so many hard surfaces elsewhere on the ship, I thought the wall panels and closet doors might in fact be acoustic fabric so at least the private cabins would seem a little more quiet and "homey."

The last image is an overview. I am working on the accordion doors right now but have to figure a way that I can easily animate them.

avess7k8o96n.jpg

a8oc3kqxdpeo.jpg

2kgbe1qynsuu.png
    Post edited by Avian on
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777ashleytingerrojrenStarriggerZhor2395BrandenbergP5ych0p4th
    edited October 2019 #316
    Here's a shot from the updated main cabin. (The one on the left in the above post.)
    xrz62llkstg9.png
    "The Journals of John Robinson."
    Post edited by Avian on
    Lizzy777FreakashleytingerViperevil_genius_180rojrenStarriggersrspicerBrandenbergMadKoiFishand 3 others.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    woooooowwww...
  • ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator
    Not sure how I missed this. Excellent work so far. Forgive me if this has been answered, which renderer are you using?
    Thanks, Viper! I'm using Cinema 4D R20 with Octane 4.0.
    I'm experimenting with Redshift as well, but I really prefer an unbiased renderer. I'll wait a while and see if Maxon integrates Redshift with Cinema 4D in the future. Maybe then I'll make the switch since it might eliminate the need for a separate license for a solid rendering engine.
  • jwlovelljwlovell171 New EnglandPosts: 2Member
    So what is the scoop on you being able to sell your models? Or make web movies?
    Synthesis Entertainment holds a tight rein on the copyrights to Lost in Space (especially with the success of the re-boot on Netflix) so I really don't know if selling the model is possible. I am making short test movies on my YouTube channel and plan to offer a "grand tour" of the ship. I just have to make the time for it, though.
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Yes, be careful about selling things, it could ruin your fun.

Work is outstanding!!
    Thanks srspicer! I've run into copyright issues in the past, so I am a little gun shy. But I am determined that a public record should exist of this little space ship in its original form. Just because it was marvel for a TV series that is now over 50 years old!
    edited January 2020 #324
    Avian wrote: »
    ...But I am determined that a public record should exist of this little space ship in its original form. Just because it was marvel for a TV series that is now over 50 years old!

Good for you! It looks stunning and you're the one to do it.
    Post edited by Brandenberg on
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    What type of lighting do you use to get such gorgeous renders?
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    This is FILLED with WOW! Fantastic!
    I've tried to make the port side of the Observatory a little more accurate here:
    wkiCx43.png
    Lizzy777P5ych0p4throjrenBrandenbergevil_genius_180Freak
    And a detail shot of one of the little odd "intercom" devices below the viewport:
    BtO4MXu.jpg
    Lizzy777P5ych0p4thashleytingerrojrenBrandenbergevil_genius_180FreakMcC
  • shipfishershipfisher371 Posts: 115Member
    This wonderful work is the visual equivalent of comfort food. Most welcome in these unusual times.

Many Thanks :)

Brandenbergscifieric
    Visual comfort food. I like that.
    Those controls almost look real enough to touch.
    scifieric