Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMy version of Kronos 1 study model

1235»

• FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    This turned out very nicely.
    Can't wait to see what you do with Textures.
    XFozzboute
  • XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    UPDATE...
    A little bit of a texture test.
    2990.jpg
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777StarCruiserpubliusr
    UPDATE...
    Ok I think I got it mostly done. Not gonna grime it up too much. I like the final result.
    2991.jpg
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777FreakStarCruiser
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    It looks great. It makes sense to have the Chancellor's ship not be really dirty.
    XFozzboute
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Wonderfull work Rob!! I take my hat of to you. :)
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Very creative design
    This happened a few days ago. Don’t know exactly how or when. I was away from the computer for awhile. Still not sure I want to reinstall. Kind of getting tired of this. I’ll give it some time and think about it.
    nuts.jpg
    That sucks. I take it your object is fine and this is just a problem with the program. Even if that's all it is, it still sucks, especially if you have to reinstall.
    The object is fine. It just appears to be a problem withe the graphics not working right in the UI. I actually did the last render after this happened. I can pretty much still model but uvw unwrapping is possible.
    Wow, that sucks.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9712 Posts: 5,302Member
    Sounds like it is attempting to ref a default file, like when you open max it will reference a default.max file so you can adjust your start up to your preferences.

ANYHOW it looks like something in the config for your "ribbon" has taken a shit. Guessing this is during starting of max. If you have reinstalled multiple times due to errors like this I suggest you back everything up and so a surface scan of your boot or install drive. (depends if it is a NVME SSD or HDD. This will refer to the os (install) as well as the application folder if you relocated it. Im my case I relocated it on a sacrificial SSD for speed and to avoid access slowdowns when software pings data on the OS drive. This is the folder with all the autoback, tuts, maps, and default junk.

Reason I mention this is if you have multiple corruptions of start up files it tends to look like a hdd going bad. Same for random OS files.
    StarshipXFozzboute
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with my HDD. I'm gonna try to reinstall onto my SSD and see what happens.
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Any updates on this design? I was hoping for orthos of the finished ship.
    Not at the moment. I'm working on other things and looking for work. It will be a few months before I get back to this.
  • Jon_A_BellJon_A_Bell0 Posts: 1New Member
    edited September 2022 #136
    1i9gyojwkarj.jpg
    Hi Robert/@XFossboute,

I hope you're doing well, and I love the details you've put on my original 3D model. ;-)

Speaking of which... would you mind please crediting me as the creator of the original 3ds Max geometry that I sent you years ago? I don't mind people improving on my work, but some acknowledgement of the provenance of this geometry and concept would be nice. Thanks!
    Post edited by Jon_A_Bell on
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    XFozzboute wrote: »
    Not at the moment. I'm working on other things and looking for work. It will be a few months before I get back to this.

All the best.
    edited October 2022 #138
    Jon_A_Bell wrote: »
    Speaking of which... would you mind please crediting me as the creator of the original 3ds Max geometry that I sent you years ago? I don't mind people improving on my work, but some acknowledgement of the provenance of this geometry and concept would be nice. Thanks!

Welcome aboard Jon! It´s nice to see teh original too. B)
    Unhappyness, looks like Robert/@XFossboute stopped working in 3D years ago... :/

Post edited by Starship on
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9712 Posts: 5,302Member
    Uh unless there is something I do not know, I think you are mixing up users. Xfossbute was suffering some health issues for many years prior and I think that is related to his absence of the last 3yrs. He has dropped off the internet and I fear is no longer with us.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    Uh unless there is something I do not know, I think you are mixing up users. Xfossbute was suffering some health issues for many years prior and I think that is related to his absence of the last 3yrs. He has dropped off the internet and I fear is no longer with us.

You´re right about the (complicated) health issues. Probably the main reason why he quit 3D.
    I have the same fear as you, but I´m keeping a bit of hope in his cure.
    publiusr
    edited October 2022 #141
    Never mind...
    I found a copy of the old book and CD, and the Klingon ship was there... It renders pretty well for an object built in 1996!!! Thank you John!!! B)
    fozkp910ajlc.jpg
    rd99ryq5d3mq.jpg
    vabjpj30g8c4.jpg
    yo3ae9anjat5.jpg

Post edited by Starship on
    StarCruiserLizzy777trekkipubliusrsrspicerStarrigger
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Very nice Klingon ship.
    Can you download it somewhere ? :)
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    That is all kinds of awesome