Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9712 Posts: 5,302Member
    Ship butts ship buts always ship butts. . . . . working the underside of the warp cutout scoop thingie. Gray bits likely will conform to cargo access bays for workbees to get large bits into that area. Mostly due to layout it would be deflector control or comms stuff as the warp core is forward of this area of the ship and ejects out the top.

tsukuru-nx-0495.jpg

only the one render as there has been little time the last few days to work on her. Hopefully it will look a bit less cartoony as I start getting these bits as geometry instead of colored bits of hull.
    I had planned to put this away for the week to work on something for the 20th but I have not found any assets and well, did not plan well enough to have built my own in time.
    evil_genius_180FreakLizzy777BrandenbergZhor2395
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Nice. It is really an education just looking at your work MKF
    So much for getting a lot done. . . . dunno how well some of the black details will show on others displays but there is stuff in there >_> Likely adjust the material later on to pick up more "spec" Also need to spend some time exploring the ships materials to see what I had done for alt hull mats so I can do these stencil only details in something that stands out a bit more.

tsukuru-nx-0502.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0503.jpg

Work bee for scale, just pretend it is whatever they use in the late 2370s. (figure this would be 2376~8ish timeframe. )

Lizzy777evil_genius_180BrandenbergFreak
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I'm really loving all those details. I always love all the work you put into those tiny bits that will hardly be seen in most renders.
    Yeah, I'll second that. You have quite a portfolio.
    Welp more of the same I guess.

tsukuru-nx-0505.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0506.jpg
    BrandenbergashleytingerLizzy777evil_genius_180
    What do you do to get that blue glow pattern on the engine?
    Physical internals behind a opaque object.

tsukuru-nx-0507.jpg
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777Brandenberg
    That's the best way to do engines right there. :)
    edited July 2019 #1061
    That's the best way to do engines right there. :)
    yup, if possible and requirements do not disallow it replicating reality as close as possible is always the solution to an effect.

Well, think I wasted my time cutting all these black bits in as I forgot to reference the old black panels so the outlines to not match up at all. And yes a large screen cap vs a render. Debate is to inset the existing black bits and add the inner frame and line to make them match up or wipe all the internal bits and start over so I can do the existing outline in the proper scale. Sadly due to the shape and geo I cannot just extrude them as a whole or inset to produce the white line. So it means it is all cut by hand and repeatedly looked at in perspective to make sure it is as even as possible.

tsukuru-nx-0508.jpg
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    srspicerLizzy777evil_genius_180Brandenberg
    edited July 2019 #1062
    Distracted by some blog work, man that thing just chews up ram and slugs Firefox down like eugh. Need to update my client I guess. Refuse to use the newest version with all the telemetry crap in. These companies should pay us for our systems with how much they are using them for profit. Fucking Ferengi.

Anyhoo this is one of the ideas I had to not throw out the work I had done. YES, another screen cap. Sadly I have to undo it to properly set up the insets as they were much larger than I thought. Ones near the registry is 10 inset to the white and the stripe was 5 inset. lol I had only done like 5 and 3.

tsukuru-nx-0509.jpg

lol you will have to drag the image into a new tab/window to see the changes. Did it as a large cap so it can be compared to the forward panels.
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180Brandenberg
    Renders of it all. Sadly SEGMENTATION. Have to sit down and decide that I will do about it.

tsukuru-nx-0510.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0511.jpg
    Freakevil_genius_180BrandenbergLizzy777
    Too bad about the segmentation, it looks great otherwise.
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    Physical internals behind a opaque object.
    Thanks. Seems rather obvious now but one never knows. B)

With me simple is usually the way it works. KIM the light blue bits are a bright cyan lum material and the dark blue is to replicate a gradient in a deep dark blue glow. Though with the opaque material over any self ilum setting would likely work just as well as anything emitting proper light "particles"

Ok maybe this is a waste of time and life but working off some of the segmentation. Luck is there is so much going on here I can chamfer them out at the gain of some ugly wires. Though some are cleaning it up. heh.

tsukuru-nx-0512.jpg
    tsukuru-nx-0513.png
    Lizzy777Freakevil_genius_180Brandenberg
    I think I got em all. Might be some iffy bits here and there but I am not spotting them ATM.
    Sorta not liking the outlined outlines but a bit late now meaning Id have to revert quite a ways back. But dunno.
    Either way how it sits for now.

tsukuru-nx-0515.jpg
    tsukuru-nx-0516.jpg
    Freakevil_genius_180rojrenashleytingerLizzy777Brandenberg
    It looks great to me.
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    Came out great. I definitely do not have the patience you do to fix things like that
    Small details and a tractor emitter.

tsukuru-nx-0522.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0523.jpg
    BrandenbergLizzy777evil_genius_180McC
    edited July 2019 #1071
    Brings tears to me eyes, laddie. :)
    Post edited by Brandenberg on
    Grids are in time for all the sub paneling decals etc.

tsukuru-nx-0527.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0528.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0529.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0530.jpg
    Freakevil_genius_180rojrenLizzy777Brandenberg
    edited July 2019 #1073
    Placing windows. Debate here is to clone the right side or rearrange them to be asymmetric. KIM ungrouped windows are not aligned to any deck. I am breaking them up so you do not get those odd lines of windows that end up creating odd patterns on the hull or create odd jambs. Really I think I might have too many for this part of the ships hull. But I figure all that is there is a shuttle bay and deflector and comms. So these would be crew bunks for crewman that work in that area of the ship and labs. The way the deflector is arranged though makes for a odd set back but I just did not like the idea of rooms so close to the deflectors "funnel"

tsukuru-nx-0531.jpg
    tsukuru-nx-0532.jpg

Ignore the 2 yellowish ones those likely wont be used. They were my clone set. Also do need to remove some more segmentation in the panels near the butt.
    Freakevil_genius_180Lizzy777Brandenberg
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Nice Layout on the windows
    Ok the other side moved the bits about to create a unique pattern close to but different.
    tsukuru-nx-0533.jpg
    evil_genius_180ChlorelLizzy777BrandenbergRekkertFreak
    So your black and white image about 7 images up - made of just lines. What are we seeing there - just bump map lines?
    I do not do bumps that's all geometry.

I could have answered that, but I figured I'd let you handle it. ;) That's one of the things I've always admired about your work. You only texture what's necessary, everything else is all modeled. :)

So the geometry is in a separate layer, so that you can just render it alone?
    edited July 2019 #1080
    no there is too much to have that many layers. My layer system is set up generally by section of the mesh. The grids here I just detached them from the main hull to test for extrusion errors as I have to extrude from centers vs global and when you do that any polies with a certain arrangement will extrude into a mess. So I have to triangulate those say a panel with a notch in if the inner notch vert is not bridged into the polygon it'll extrude in the opposite direction and angle.
    SO detaching it all as it wraps all over the hull lets me see any of these issues right off vs having to chase the grooves all over the hull. It also allows me to select the insides of those panels between the grooves in one go. I can later detach the panels to UVW them independently to each other.

Each color denotes a separate object.
    destroyer-2511.jpg
    Answer in short: it is just detached from the main hull object. :p

The extrusion thing is mentioned in my panel tut as an addendum.
    https://madkoifish.wordpress.com/2010/02/05/mad-hull-plating-the-madfish-way/
    evil_genius_180Brandenberg
    Start on all the subpanels. Left and right sides.

tsukuru-nx-0536.jpg

tsukuru-nx-0537.jpg
    evil_genius_180Freakshaved_apeLizzy777Brandenberg