Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DConstitution Class Refit

124»

• ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator
    Rekkert wrote: »
    One idea could be to raise the whole bridge superstructure somewhat between the two catamarans, kinda like what Paul Frenczli did with his redesigned NX-01.
    Lowering the catamarans position could also help in making it look more inspired by the Akira than as a simple kitbash.

Yeah, I did a bunch of adjustments to the entire ship, I'll post in another thread later. For now, here's yet another side project, though this one does tie in to the Constitution. I started working on the corridors ;)

corridor03.jpg

Obviously still missing a few details, and I have to do all the variations. The idea is to have a kit so I can quickly put corridors together. Of course, they won't really be seen from outside, but they are fun to do :tongue:
    Lizzy777ashleytinger
    Few renders of the ship of a few details I haven't shown yet. It was also brought to my attention that there are colored nav lights for port and starboard. So last render shows that.

constitution191.jpg
    constitution192.jpg
    constitution193.jpg
    constitution194.jpg
    constitution195.jpg
    ashleytingerMadKoiFishLizzy777rojrenCoolhandxiaorobearBrandenberglewisnivenwibbleCptBenSisko
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    The grand ole lady looks damned epic here.
    Viper
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    edited April 2019 #95
    I'm starting to suspect that you work for ILM by demonstrating skills this amazing.
    Post edited by Lizzy777 on
    Viper
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
    Lizzy777 wrote: »
    I'm starting to suspect that you work for ILM by demonstrating skills this amazing.

As a huge fan of ILM (I think they are still the top VFX studio), that makes me very happy, heh :3
    Lizzy777ashleytingerCoolhand
  • CoolhandCoolhand283 Mountain LairPosts: 1,294Member
    Lovely detailing and great lighting in that that last rendering.:)
    Viper
    edited May 2019 #98
    Thanks folks! No real updates on this project. In theory I should be redoing a few details on the shuttle bay area, but I'm having trouble doing that without working on the interior. So I think I'll give the project a small pause, do some renders of the ship and start phase 2 which is working on the structural frame and window interiors which will include the entire shuttle bay and cargo area. Stay tuned ;)
    Post edited by Viper on
    publiusr
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    Still the best looking Enterprise, in my opinion. Good job Viper!
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    The refit Enterprise has to be my most favorite Enterprise... Just beautiful.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Among other things, great surfacing.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    This Enterprise is outstanding!
    Thanks for all the compliments guys! I've been on a little bit of a break lately as I was on a three month marathon working on all these projects. I'm trying to come up with a cool idea for a final render to show her finished, but everything I think about requires a ton of assets to be done, heh. Either way, I'll try to have a few high resolution images by the end of the week :)
  • John MarchantJohn Marchant336 Posts: 96Member
    Look forward to seeing some more Viper.
  • Mangy_DogMangy_Dog61 Posts: 13Member
    Utterly Stunning.... Making me think about getting back into modeling again, and going back to my old Connie model i never finished...

*goes back under his rock
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    edited May 2019 #106
    great work viper, She looks amazing. ScifiEric did some really beautiful shots of his TOS Connie with just a simple planet background. He recreated some of the orbiting shots from the show. Maybe you could try something like that?
    Post edited by Lee80 on
  • JMoneyJMoney189 Posts: 127Member
    Totally blown away by this project! Words cannot express.

Looks like the 1701-A has had a strong resurgence. This one, Nightfever, and another on the Foundation forums. I've always loved this ship and design since I was young. Definitely following this thread!

What software are you using for this?
    Thanks for the comments above! I missed them before :)
    JMoney wrote: »
    Totally blown away by this project! Words cannot express.

Looks like the 1701-A has had a strong resurgence. This one, Nightfever, and another on the Foundation forums. I've always loved this ship and design since I was young. Definitely following this thread!

What software are you using for this?

Yes, it seems so. I actually started this project a couple of years ago. So if anything I was one of the first, heh. Thanks btw.

I'm using 3ds max and vray for this one. A few bits were done with Blender. I need to get back to this eventually, but I've been enjoying my TMP Akira project lately, so I'm working on that. You can check it out on my miscellaneous thread. The good thing is that some things I'll do on that one will be used on the Enterprise later, especially interiors.