Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Fairway - Akira Class

lewisnivenlewisniven2492 UKPosts: 463Member
As part of a Star Trek: Adventures campaign I'm running later in the year I wanted to create a 'Title Sequence' with everyones names in just for fun, to make it feel like a real series. The original plan was to download an Akira mesh, knock some quick animation renders out and be done with it.

That plan has evolved somewhat and I'm now in to a full re-texture and in some parts re-model of Kenny_Z's Akira mesh. The mesh is mostly ok but there are parts where it's a real mess and that's making UV unwrapping difficult so I've remodelled the phaser strips and am in the process of completely re-doing the front end where the shuttle bays are. I suspect the nacelles are going to need a going over too but I've not got there yet.

A render from before I really started on materials and was trying to find a 'quick and dirty' way of making it look good:

k5h8qjaf5sp2.png

Obviously that didn't really pan out, so after some help from Viper, IRML, Count23, C0mc0 and others on the discord I'm getting a good feel for the material workflow now. I've now textured the top of the saucer with both diffuse and roughness. (Excuse the lack of geometry on the front, I've stripped all that out for now.)

3zb2aggda3wj.png
ks6qoz8xswxu.png

The diffuse map for the top of the saucer:

qlrak64zwghd.png

Finally, a render I did before taking the shuttle bay geometry out, with some post processing added:

qe7f8fd9ujdl.png

Just need to carry on and apply the same technique to the rest of the ship!

Again credit to Kenny_Z (whereever he may be) for the mesh.

ashleytinger
Tagged: