Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMy Star Trek Thread

• FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    The top of the ship looks great.
    While I find what your doing for the bottom interesting, I am not 100% sold on it.

Shame John never did a another view of this ship. But then it leave it up your interpretation of it.

Keep up the good work.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Freak wrote: »
    While I find what your doing for the bottom interesting, I am not 100% sold on it.
    That's quite all right. Who knows, I may alter it some or the greeble detail may win you over or both. :)

There is actually quite a bit of work on the following image. Lots of subtle adjustments to make it more like the drawing. I realized that to make it a Corp of Engineers ship, the launching area must be reserved for construction pods and other engineering craft and that I need to make a large hanger on the bottom for materials. It could also tow containers with tractor beams.
    qb931918tnxf.png

Lizzy777evil_genius_180McC
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    This is simply terrific work!
    Brandenberg
    Well, my thanks to you. :3
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Looks great. :)
    Brandenberg
  • BarricadeBarricade198 Posts: 180Member
    If I may suggest something.

You mentioned the SF Corps of Engineers, and how this hull requiring large numbers of specialized shuttlepods and other small craft. Which partially/greatly explains why it has such a large, if highly exposed, aft shuttlebay. As in, the larger shuttles, or even Runabouts, can take off vertically (like on DS9) while leaving the standard horizontal landing zones clear. Or vice versa. Ironically, much like a modern day carrier.

My suggestion is that in the area aft that is between the upper sensor/torp pod (sorry, I couldn't remember which you were planning on doing), have a retractable 'roof' that slides back from the main saucer, to be deployed when she might have to go into combat. It still leaves the point directly aft open and available for shuttles to launch from, but makes it much more protected.
    edited June 2019 #218
    I hadn't thought of a sliding door. It is a pretty wide expanse but future materials...
    I had thought of a containment field like they use at the opening of shuttle bays or to seal hull breaches.

It hauls things like the following.

sroeapu0p5vz.png
    hb2w5hqipj71.png
    Post edited by Brandenberg on
    evil_genius_180scifiericLizzy777Freak
    I like that work bee. :)
    scifiericBrandenberg
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    I like that work bee. :)
    Me too!
    Brandenberg
    Thanks to both of you. Did you notice EG_180 the "Lint" or "Fireflies" or "snow" or ________ (fill in the blank) on the worker bee model. This is a render I need to redo with Node rendering and the adjustments that NewTek suggested.
    Thanks to both of you. Did you notice EG_180 the "Lint" or "Fireflies" or "snow" or ________ (fill in the blank) on the worker bee model. This is a render I need to redo with Node rendering and the adjustments that NewTek suggested.

Yeah, I noticed that. Also, I noticed all the noise. :/ That's one thing annoying me about LW2018/2019. I was back and forth the other day trying to get the bussards on my Enterprise to look how I want them to in LW2018 without a bunch of noise and fireflies. No such luck.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9712 Posts: 5,302Member
    to me it looks like some bounce setting is way off as all that light collecting in inside corners. Seen in the arm joints mostly. It could be the source of the bug. As it sounds like an issue in lw.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Loving that Work Bee
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    As it sounds like an issue in lw.

It is. Lightwave 2018 and 2019. I was on a thread on the Newtek forums that's been up for over a year. People have various workarounds, but nothing seems to work for everyone.
    edited July 2019 #226
    It is. Lightwave 2018 and 2019. I was on a thread on the Newtek forums that's been up for over a year. People have various workarounds, but nothing seems to work for everyone.

Yup, sure would like to see them fix it. Interesting observation MadKoiFish.

I went ahead and put windows into the upper saucer. Other improvements too.
    jye9erz5r5rw.png
    FreakashleytingerLizzy777evil_genius_180
    Looks good with the windows.
    Perked it up a bit. :) View of the windows on the side cutout

6u0t2mqyyx2d.png
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180
    This is looking really fantastic. Windows really help a ship come alive. :)
    Yeah they really do, don't they. Today I finally added the little teardrop (sort of) top piece on the bridge and I don't like it. I took it off. When I put escape pods on this, it will be two departures from John's sketch.
    Trying placement of escape pods. The location of some may change and there are quite a few on the bottom that you can't see. Details on the body of the ship and I adjusted the engine location. I also installed my own variation of the bridge.
    iq6u7lkovawb.png
    scmjlzl4fqpx.png

evil_genius_180
    Looking good. Did you just stencil the pods on?
    edited July 2019 #234
    No, they are independent boxes (the unnecessary bottom polygon deleted) and are place holders for now. I'm inspired by LewisNiven's and will eventually give them more love.
    evil_genius_180
    Ah, I see. Yeah, that's how I do escape pods like that too.
    edited July 2019 #236
    There is a cutout in the front with lettering just behind it. I finally put that in. A new render angle as well. Now the question is, do I put 10-forward like windows in the front, or escape pods or rooms or sensor greebles or...

qlk73r6z8zdz.png

ashleytingerLizzy777evil_genius_180MadKoiFishRekkertFreak
    Where are you planning on putting the phasers?
    I was thinking of that too. I guess this era of ship would sport the TNG Phaser Strips.
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    Could go phase cannons like on the Defiant instead
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    I always loved this concept, and I'm loving your execution of it!
    Brandenberg
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Could go phase cannons like on the Defiant instead
    Not a bad idea. I don't even remember what they look like. I'll hunt up the images.
    Rekkert wrote: »
    I always loved this concept, and I'm loving your execution of it!
    Gracias Rekkert. :)