Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Greetings!
This is the fancy new sidebar. It offers quick access to your profile, messages, threads and so on.
Hit the X in the top right corner to dismiss this message.
Greetings!

Welcome to the fancy new Scifi-Meshes.com! You old username and password should work. If not, get in touch with staff either here, on Facebook or on Discord.

For a quick summary on what's new, check out this thread.
You should also check out the Community Guidelines here.
You can check out most recent posts here or by clicking the handy links on the top menu or the sidebar.

You can dismiss this message by clicking the little X in the top right corner.

Star Trek Interiors

1646566676870»

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_180532 Posts: 8,149Member
    It looks fantastic. I honestly wasn't sure about the bass ackward design when you first started, but you have a knack for making every bridge you do look great. :)
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918182 Posts: 337Member
    About doing an Oberth-style bridge, there's that one Tsiolkovsky bridge that had the emergency hatch door that had blown out. Interesting on all the Oberth-class ships we saw on TNG, we never saw the bridge module itself on any of 'em.
    Yeah, the only Oberth class to really have a bridge was the Grissom, and even that was underwhelming.
  • RekkertRekkert407 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 1,603Member
    Yeah, we managed to see a couple chairs and stations on the Tsiolkovsky, but honestly having the hatch in there is so nonsensical that I don't see myself doing that bridge. :p

Anyway, I decided to call the Merced bridge done, here are the high quality renders:

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1560456603
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1560456606
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1560456609
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1560456612
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1560456615
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-merced-bridge-cutaway.jpg?1560456582
    evil_genius_180
    • Like - evil_genius_180 on June 13, 2019.
    Lizzy777
    • Like - Lizzy777 on June 14, 2019.
    ashleytinger
    • Like - ashleytinger on June 14, 2019.
    Freak
    • Like - Freak on June 14, 2019.
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    Feel free to contact me if you're interested in commissions!​
    The bridge looks great, Rekkert.
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Yeah, we managed to see a couple chairs and stations on the Tsiolkovsky, but honestly having the hatch in there is so nonsensical that I don't see myself doing that bridge. :p

Now I'm thinking of Sigourney Weaver in Galaxy Quest yelling: "This episode was badly written!"
    Rekkert
    • Like - Rekkert on June 14, 2019.
    JMP11
    • Like - JMP11 on June 14, 2019.
    @Rekkert and @evil_genius_180 - "The Naked Now" was a pretty awful episode, not to mention the one that came after it, "Code of Honor." I never really understood why they did that, since there was really no place you could stick an emergency hatch/airlock like that on the bridge.

For Oberth bridges, you can use the Conn/Ops (Helm/Nav) from the Chekov and the Shockley, that would fit!
  • FreakFreak383 Posts: 3,302Member
    The Bridge turned out really nice!
    Rusty0918 wrote: »
    @Rekkert and @evil_genius_180 - "The Naked Now" was a pretty awful episode,

Yeah, it was just a rehash of "The Naked Time." There was absolutely no benefit to doing a newer version of that episode 20 years later. About the only thing that gets mentioned from that episode moving forward is that Data and Yar had "relations" once.
    As with variations, I could easily think of perhaps a variation for a Miranda-class that has been transferred to civilian duty (a Lantree variant with no roll-bar: there's one in the beginning of my "Galaxy Chronicles" first story "The Sound of the Shiant," an SS Sirena with a registry of NGL-11789 (the NGL prefix was used for the Odin in "Angel One"), though the viewer would be facing forward again. There would be a single turbolift alcove behind the command chair. The seats would be the TMP "butterfly" chairs seen in the first four movies as well as on the Tsiolkovsky bridge in the aforementioned "The Naked Now," the Stargazer bridge in TNG's "The Battle," and on Okana's ship in TNG's "The Outrageous Okana." Helm/Nav would be Stargazer style, with blue/green movie okudagrams.

This isn't a request - but some inspiration.