Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    @evil_genius_180: It's a different set actually, created out of parts from the Excelsior bridge set at the start of DS9 for use exclusively on that series. I went over its history a bit on the Odyssey article at EAS.

I've added the two lights above the aft doors, it makes navigating the aft compartment a bit easier. :lol:

tadeo-d-oria-c5-02.jpg?1559702095
    Lizzy777
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    Oooh I never thought of that. Perhaps some vertical ones on the other side of the door keypads might help too!
    Rekkert
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Really loving this bridge.
    Rekkert
    After some further tweaks discussed with Rusty, I ended up making the aft ceiling lights bigger, and replacing one of the circuitry access panels with a replicator. And that meant the battle bridge was now complete!

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1559768610
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1559768295
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1559768298
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1559768301
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1559768305
    tadeo-d-oria-c6-01.jpg?1559768278
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-galaxy-battle-bridge-2376-cutaway.jpg?1559768281

ashleytingerLizzy777Freak
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    edited June 2019 #2046
    I loooove this. Definitely my head canon now for the Galaxy Class battle bridge, as well as a go-to standing bridge set for other ships, particularly the Galaxy kitbash ships. I think I might actually cook up an exterior that suits this interior.

(Actually, I think my Trident class ship might be perfect)
    Post edited by BlueNeumann on
    Rekkert
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That looks fantastic. A replicator is definitely a good idea. Even in a crisis, the captain has to have coffee or tea.
    Rekkert
    @BlueNeumann: Indeed, this layout wouldn't be out of place for the 359 Galaxy-esque ships (something I've discussed with @Starscream quite a while ago regarding possible commissions). Could you post a link to your Trident-Class?

@evil_genius_180: Thank you! :)

I kept working on the Merced for a bit. I started experimenting with lights, adding a soft highlight to the Captain's chair, as it sits right below the main light on the bridge. It's not too much, just enough to cast some shadows around it. I'll continue tweaking it once I have all the okudagrams in place, as they all logically add to the lighting as well.

As you can see, I've also worked on the aft consoles, and adding the dedication plaque, among other details.

tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1559818078
    FreakLizzy777
    I like the way that's shaping up, the lighting is looking good.
    edited June 2019 #2050
    That Battle Bridge turn out really nice.
    That looks fantastic. A replicator is definitely a good idea. Even in a crisis, the captain has to have coffee or tea.
    Yeah that what the Captain needs a hot drink on his lap in the middle of a situation. :p

Post edited by Freak on
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    I have to say, the Merced is a clever redress of the 2360 Galaxy battle bridge. I wonder what a TNG-era one would look like?
    edited June 2019 #2052
    @evil_genius_180: Thanks! The lighting's still very much in progress though.

@Freak: Thank you!

@Rusty0918: I've been thinking about that myself, to maybe in the future modify this to be an Oberth style bridge for one of the many research vessels we saw on TNG.

I've been playing with the lights some more, and adding black stripes on the light fixtures at floor and ceiling level, to mirror the style of the Enterprise-B light fixtures. I also added more Okudagrams, finished the doors, added labels for all the stations, and played around with adding details on the ceiling a bit.

I'm still undecided on what I'll do with the chairs. I wanted to add in the standard Starfleet chair we saw on the Enterprise-A as a new helm chair, but I realized that I couldn't add the same style for the Environment/Comms stations as they'd need to be higher. I might end up doing the Excelsior style chair, or just an original design that fits in. Ideas, as ever as welcome, about which path to choose.

tadeo-d-oria-c6-01.jpg?1559900870

Post edited by Rekkert on
    FreakashleytingerLizzy777
    I say go for your own design.
    Rekkert
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    Looks to me that the Ent-A chairs are completely adjustable for height. I say go for it
    Rekkert
    Modified office chairs, (Excelsior style) for the win. ;)
    Rekkert
    Well, I went with none of those. :lol:

Looking for chairspiration, I stumbled upon the original concept art for the Ent-B chairs. These alternate chairs, drawn up by Clark Schaffer for Generations, were probably discarded when they realized how expensive it would be to create brand new chairs for a set that would only appear for 10 minutes. Still, they're a nice "what-if", they certainly look more comfortable than the boat seats used instead...

tadeo-d-oria-20000047-1.jpg?1560051736

Anyway, I went for it, and modeled the console chair, taking inspiration from the Excelsior chair on how to do the back (with the plastic strut coming out of the back to connect into the base). It's still not entirely done, but the main shape is there. The resulting chair is a bit taller than the Kelvin style chair I was using, so I raised the helm console a bit as well.

Thoughts about this chair design? I might be tempted on doing the Captain's chair as well...

tadeo-d-oria-c7-01.jpg?1560051733
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-13.jpg?1560051883
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777ashleytingerFreak
    They look great. The best reason to do the command chair is to match the style. It will unify the whole thing.
    Rekkert
    What evil genius said.

Great find on the design!
    Rekkert
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    "Chairsperation." Ha! Love your new term - someday to be inducted into the English dictionary. Such gorgeous work Rekkert.
    Rekkert
    Nice chair. I don't think I ever see that bit of concept art.

I agree with Chris and go with the Captains chair.
    RekkertJMP11
    Yeah, I'll do the Captain's chair as well. I'm tweaking and improving my workflow for that kind of modeling so, always good to get more practice.

I've further tweaked the shape of the console chairs, refining it a bit. I think I'm calling them done for now.

I've also finished placing the okudagrams. I decided to label the two standing stations right next to the viewscreen, though they're not intended to be permanently manned; just provide readouts that the occasional Ensign has to approach and check. :p

tadeo-d-oria-c7-01.jpg?1560192678
    tadeo-d-oria-c8-01.jpg?1560192682
    ashleytingerLizzy777evil_genius_180JMP11Freak
    The bridge is looking fantastic.

Maybe the stations next to the screen are the ones that someone goes over to and points to a diagram of the ship to show what got damaged.

twokhd0468.jpg?w=800
    Rekkert
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    These renders look absolutely beautiful!
    Rekkert
    The bridge is looking fantastic.

Maybe the stations next to the screen are the ones that someone goes over to and points to a diagram of the ship to show what got damaged.

twokhd0468.jpg?w=800

I just realized that to get that shot they probably had a huge red light just under Shatner and Nimoy. There's nothing on the bridge that would create that effect LOL.
    Rekkert
    I just realized that to get that shot they probably had a huge red light just under Shatner and Nimoy. There's nothing on the bridge that would create that effect LOL.

Mood lighting. ;)

Yeah, I never really paid attention to that before, not even when I got that screenshot from Trek Core and posted it.
    Rekkert
    edited June 2019 #2066
    @evil_genius_180: Yeah, that scene gave me all the precedent I needed for those stations. :lol:

@scifieric: Thank you :)

@ashleytinger: Either that or Nick Meyer is on the floor with a big flashlight. :p Seriously though, this is precisely why it's so hard to try and be physically accurate when illuminating these things, a lot of "unrealistic" lighting goes on in the set.

I've been working on the Captain's chair. The seat itself is mostly done and I'm happy with the shape; but the armrests are, well... boring... Just two boxes at each side of the seat.
    As far as I can read it, this is the shape on the drawing, and it's a bit underwhelming in my eyes. I might take some artistic license to make it a bit more interesting.

tadeo-d-oria-c9-01.jpg?1560239476
    tadeo-d-oria-c10-02.jpg?1560239480
    FreakashleytingerLizzy777
    The chair is looking great.
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Either that or Nick Meyer is on the floor with a big flashlight. :p

He's not JJ Abrams...

:p
    The chair is looking great.
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Either that or Nick Meyer is on the floor with a big flashlight. :p

He's not JJ Abrams...

:p

No no, Nick would have had an intern doing it. ;)
    And Nick has no need for lens flares.
    edited June 2019 #2070
    I actually meant with a hand over the flashlight, to get a localized dim red light. I have no idea if this was used on Trek, but I know it was somewhat common in filming for getting that sort of effect without going overboard with the lighting.
    I ended up keeping the design for the armrests, but tweaked them quite a bit further.

I believe this means this bridge is now done, unless I can think of anything else to add or tweak in there. :p I might also play around with the lighting some more, but honestly I'm quite happy with how that's looking.

tadeo-d-oria-c9-01.jpg?1560331159
    tadeo-d-oria-c11-01.jpg?1560331163
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180ashleytinger