Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAshley's Star Trek WIP Thread

• ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    edited May 2019 #152
    The goal of my Throwback Corridor is to create a kind of TOS enhanced, a TOS that fits the aesthetic of TOS but is also just a step away from the TMP sets. I started with the layout of the original TOS corridor set and added one small corridor spur that was used a few different times, but often enough that I tossed it in.

throwback_corridor___south_section_by_ashleytinger_dd7posp-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTE1MiIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGQ3cG9zcC0wMTdiN2UxOC04ZDcwLTQzNTctYWQ3Mi1mMjgzOGNmMTQ2NjEuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.hFJWt9jtpy_OFrGvtNGIT9vHqvKPkm18fZ5M6rvmDtw

First up is the Transporter Room spur. I left the end of the corridor open like it was on TOS, but you can get pretty close to the end without seeing the open sides.

Next up is a view from the south end of the corridor looking back towards the rest of the set. The red door is the second turbolift. Sickbay is just up on the left. The blue door in the mid point is the entrance to the briefing room.

throwback_corridor___central_section_by_ashleytinger_dd7sdxe-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTE1MiIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGQ3c2R4ZS05Yzc0NzFiMC04Nzc5LTQ4MDYtYjY5Mi1jMjZiZGQ2NWViZGYuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.PIfC4i7Qicb4kf9XVBulqtuK042n01c5OBHH3s6whN8

Top pic here is a close-up of the Briefing Room door. I realized that I wasn't going to have any shots of these so I included it. Also, the single ladder access point is here and a brief look down the extra radial corridor spur I added in here.

Bottom pic is just passed the briefing room looking back towards where Engineering is. The Tri-ladder alcove is in the back. The two closest doors are the ones that head into the quarters set. The CMO Office door should be to the left and slightly behind the viewer. The farther door is a GNDN door so I slapped a Restriced Access label on it.

throwback_corridor___engineering_section_by_ashleytinger_dd7v9g7-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTE1MiIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGQ3djlnNy05OTkxN2E0Ny00OTViLTRmN2MtYmIzOS0zZTcyNmQyNmM4OWQuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.iLcGkfR2IL6duFdq6CbIcB6XxXu3ilNn7pVGj01F8dM

First up here is the Engineering radial corridor spur taken from the end of the corridor. Off to the left where the angled Jefferies tube was, I put in a door where I could have a full length of the Jefferies corridor or the vertical tube I built for the TMP/Phase II sets. I re-used the pressure door I'd originally built but didn't use for the Destroyer Engineering set here. I figured Engineering should have something stronger than the regular door.

Lastly, I popped open the turbolift doors. It's not quite the TOS turbolift but has the same dimensions. It's voice activated and has padding for... malfunctions... and a place to hang onto. I also built it with the idea that it'll need two sets of doors, one for the corridor and one for the lift. You can mostly see both sets of doors there.

throwback_corridor___at_the_disco_by_ashleytinger_dd7pyrl-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTc2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZDdweXJsLTMwMjEwNmRiLWE0ZDctNGZjMi1iMzAzLWNjNGY0NzkzYzRmYS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.MfoF3GvgjwaxaFB0vmSpOLbhMMCVF1QMeLM-gvSYAYU

And then here's the set with a Discovery kind of feel to it. Still needs tweaking but as a little experiment it was fun. :)

Bear in mind I just built the corridors, BUT, my Destroyer Transporter Room fav.me/dbakmr1 and Destroyer Engineering fav.me/dbe4f98 will absolutely fit in with this aesthetically since I'd originally designed this corridor to work with them. ;)

Built in TrueSpace 3.2
    Rendered in DAZ Studio 4.10 with iRay
    Post edited by ashleytinger on
    Lizzy777Freak
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    This is looking really Good!
    Freak wrote: »
    This is looking really Good!

Thank you!
    Am I on a TOS kick at the moment? Apparently so.

bridge_of_the_week___tos_wip_01_by_ashleytinger_dd82nh0-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTc2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZDgybmgwLTJlNTBhNmJiLTE1ZjgtNGU5NC05Njg4LWIwNjRmNDVlNTY1ZS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.UqPFaBN6xeukHClxWmt88NdHDKExPigLGjaOiYRzqAs

OK, to make it easier on my brain while I'm working on these, I've saved out separate files for each era I'm going to do the 'guest bridge' or 'bridge of the week' for so I'm starting with the Technology Original Standard version, or rather, I'm adapting some of the parts I've already built and building new ones entirely.

The back three stations are going to be Science, Communications, and Engineering. Engineering needs some screen textures, but the modeling for that one is done. I built all new buttons for it based off the McMaster's layout, mostly. I may have gotten a little lazy. I'm probably also not going to make every button lightable. That would drive most 3D artists insane. Myself included.

I made the consoles flat instead of angled, mainly to kind of match the flat look that the later bridges will have, but also because I wanted to try and match the Jefferies sketch for the console. radishdalek has them posted over on their site, archive.frogland.co.uk/ in the TOS section for those who want to take a look. Modelers should definitely go check the site out as that's where I've found most of my blueprints for the sets I'm working on outside of MSGTTE.

I don't think I'll be putting in lower panel access, just to make these even more different than the Enterprise consoles, especially since I'm using that control layout here anyway.

bridge_of_the_week___tos_wip_02_by_ashleytinger_dd84q6z-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTc2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZDg0cTZ6LTYwMGFhYWFlLTY4MTMtNDBkYS05OGMyLTZmN2I2ODQxYjQ3Ny5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.3dbyz3tibM-48ApgvUqzCIcjyV_J5DXlqg2D8-e6i3E

Finishing building out the Science and Communications consoles. Took a few liberties with the Library computer, but again, this isn't the Enterprise.

Next up on our guest bridge, the railing and supports, Captain's Chair (I'm leaning on making it a leaner chair, probably a variant on what I've got there) and the Helm/Nav console.

After those are solid then I can move on to detailing the walls a bit here with more TOS flavored bits and greebles.

Built in Truespace 3.2
    RekkertLizzy777Freak
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    That's a great looking TOS station! I love the computer module added onto the Science console.

There's something a bit off about the rounded displays IMO though, TOS had very squared corners for those. I'd suggest experimenting with making the displays both in front and above the stations more squarish, and a bit smaller (to make the spaces between them larger).
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    edited May 2019 #157
    Rekkert wrote: »
    That's a great looking TOS station! I love the computer module added onto the Science console.

There's something a bit off about the rounded displays IMO though, TOS had very squared corners for those. I'd suggest experimenting with making the displays both in front and above the stations more squarish, and a bit smaller (to make the spaces between them larger).

I was originally going to do that and match what came before with the TOS bridge, but then I extrapolated on something in Jefferies initial sketch for the stations.

archive.frogland.co.uk/uploads/big/50280765a67ef7edab5284b437bfbdf4.jpg

I actually took the lines he drew up and built a cut-out for the above displays and then just dropped them down and shrunk them for the lower ones. Sure I could have done just one cut out and then the drop in for more squarish displays, but I liked the result.

The whole of the console is proportioned entirely off of that. The only thing I did was take the overhang and bring it further into the bridge. Not saying I won't go back and try a more TOS version, but I wanted this to differ from the Enterprise bridge not just in configuration but some of the appearance as well. The nice thing about this bridge is it's going to be extremely modular ;)
    Post edited by ashleytinger on
    bridge_of_the_week___tos_console_render_test_by_ashleytinger_dd85xks-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTc2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZDg1eGtzLWRkMDM5ODQzLWVkY2EtNDQyNy1iZDA2LThkYTk5ZjQzNDU1MC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.kPm-iayTvEAcgoy1BItE621HoX1vDFcpOJobHD8TRug

Tossed the bridge bones along with the built consoles and lit them out. Seeing a few mesh errors that need to be fixed, but she's rendering out ok so far. :)

Built in TrueSpace 3.2

bridge_of_the_week___tos_wip_03_by_ashleytinger_dd87s8m-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTkzIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZDg3czhtLTNmMGNkNjBkLTFlZjctNDAyZS1hOWExLTg5ZDE0NWQ5ZjMzZi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.wsgPVHj22kgSDldXO_6o9CFfewYbpcMToYKfomci4Lw

It looks so deceptively simple, and yet...

Built in Truespace 3.2
    RekkertLizzy777
    bridge_of_the_week___tos_wip_04_by_ashleytinger_dd88ulf-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTE1MiIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGQ4OHVsZi1kZWFhOWI4Yi0zMDNmLTQ2ZDEtODQ2My0zYTNjYzFkY2QyZmEuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.LsY7HxJtsbGi1UcwAr-5dZLAAYRDeDSvz1TPQErmnwI

I was really REALLY tired after I got home from work and mowing the old place's lawn and did NOT feel up to detailing the helm console tonight with lots of little buttons, so I said fork it and tried to figure out a ceiling that made sense and didn't look awful and ended up just extrapolating on the ceiling parts from the consoles I already built and then encircled the bridge. This also means you just need to ignore the old Enterprise C bridge parts cause I couldn't be bothered to delete them from the set yet. :P

I'm not making a dome necessarily, but a kind of focusing light thing mounted in the ceiling top so it's not just a big open area. I thought about doing the security system from TAS, but it just didn't fit what I was trying to do, so I'm working on this mix of the NX-01 bridge and what I think the top of the 1701 bridge would have looked like internally. All this needs to tie into the ceiling braces I've already laid out.

Built in TrueSpace 3.2
    Lizzy777
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    You're doing a great job on these interiors.

Wow, Truespace 3. It's been years since I've even seen that interface, yet I'd recognize it anywhere.
    You're doing a great job on these interiors.

Wow, Truespace 3. It's been years since I've even seen that interface, yet I'd recognize it anywhere.

Thanks! I've slowly been trying other 3D software and keep coming back to it. LOL

bridge_of_the_week___tos_wip_06_by_ashleytinger_dd8esqp-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTE1MiIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGQ4ZXNxcC05MjcxYjYyMy1iYWZmLTQwN2UtYmU0OS00ZmYwZjQ3MWI4ZTguanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.XZDD5uiuX3NKduLmgDoi1jS-fwT6JxbkG9GeXojwDeg

After poking at this all weekend, I think my helm console is DONE.

Two parts to this, the top part is how she looks in TrueSpace with it's rendering engine. Bottom is how she looks all decked out in DAZ Studio using iRay with just low level environment lighting since I don't have any lights installed in the bridge yet.

Built in TrueSpace 3.2
    Top image rendered in TrueSpace 3.2
    Bottom image rendered in DAZ Studio 4.10 with iRay
    RekkertFreakLizzy777
    That looks really good, especially the Daz render.

I hear you on trying to leave Truespace. I used it for about 10 years, then I tried switching to Blender 2.49. I tried to keep going with Blender, but I wound up switching back to Truespace. Lightwave was what got me off of Truespace, back in 2012. But, Lightwave is expensive, and out of a lot of people's budgets. I only got it because I scored a sweet deal on LW9/10 on Ebay. But now I'm back to trying Blender.
    That Console is looking great.
    That looks really good, especially the Daz render.

I hear you on trying to leave Truespace. I used it for about 10 years, then I tried switching to Blender 2.49. I tried to keep going with Blender, but I wound up switching back to Truespace. Lightwave was what got me off of Truespace, back in 2012. But, Lightwave is expensive, and out of a lot of people's budgets. I only got it because I scored a sweet deal on LW9/10 on Ebay. But now I'm back to trying Blender.

Thank you! Going to be using it in DAZ so that's the one I want it to look really good in ;)

Someone tried to get me to use Lightwave around version 6 or 7 I think? Anyway, I've tried that, Blender, a demo of 3D Studio, Sketchup, and here I am back in Truespace 3.2 instead of 7.6. Basically I want to get around to modeling instead of learning how it all works so I'm impatient and just go back to what I know.
    That Console is looking great.

Thank you! Definitely a labor of love on this one :)

Sometimes, you just have to go with what works for you. Switching to Blender (again) was a necessity for me more than a choice. Otherwise, I'd have stuck with Lightwave. If not for LW, I probably would still be using Truespace, unless I managed to make the switch to Blender earlier. Though, much of what I learned to do in LW actually helps in Blender as it has much more in common with LW than TS.
    Sometimes, you just have to go with what works for you. Switching to Blender (again) was a necessity for me more than a choice. Otherwise, I'd have stuck with Lightwave. If not for LW, I probably would still be using Truespace, unless I managed to make the switch to Blender earlier. Though, much of what I learned to do in LW actually helps in Blender as it has much more in common with LW than TS.

I have noticed that some of the tutorials pretty much work on any modeling software, at least the basic ones. Each program has it's own quirks and how it handles everything.

bridge_of_the_week___tos_wip07_by_ashleytinger_dd8iwyz-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTQ0MCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGQ4aXd5ei05YjUyYTQxYS05YjM1LTRmNGYtYjExZC05MjMzNmMzZDEwOTUuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.a83zSH8kriEokmUZDrcDj5i2fCtuTJGJbFuT6wusC3A

Worked out the walls and bridge canopy. The walls are lacking the systems monitor and obviously the main viewscreen. I decided to try using the walls from the CIC I'd done up to see how well they worked with some of the more classic elements and I think I really like this look so far.

I was originally going to add more lights to the bridge canopy but I'm not sure it needs it. I'm also nixing the idea of having the pipes run through like on the NX-01 bridge. I think this works pretty well overall. One thing I'm annoyed by are the rear consoles. I'd done some more repair work on them but there's still some import errors that didn't show until after I'd rendered it out. Grrrr. And obviously I need to texture the screens. I'm probably going to overhaul the buttons as well, but we'll have to see how that goes.

If I end up building a Ready Room off the Port side like I'd planned I think I'm going to do it up as a separate set. I just want to get this bridge set done I think and work on something else for a week or so.

So laundry list for this set:
    Tweak issues with rear consoles
    Texture screens on rear consoles
    Railing and supports
    Rebuild out the raised flooring
    Captain's Chair
    Main Viewscreen and TOS greebles around it
    Side monitoes in a more TOS style
    Dedication Plaque
    Import Doors and Turbolift from Throwback Corridor
    Import Throwback wall and ceiling section for exterior bridge off Port Side
    Extend flooring off port side to meet Throwback wall

Nowhere close to done, but getting there. :)

Built in Truespace 3.2
    Lizzy777
    This is looking really good so far.
    This is looking good.
    It got a mix of TOS and TMP feel to it.
    This is looking really good so far.

Thanks! It's been a bit of work but it's been fun! I've never had to put so much work into the consoles before. Cursed and yet beloved buttons!
    This is looking good.
    It got a mix of TOS and TMP feel to it.

Thank you! Yeah I was going for a mix, hopefully something you could see them coming across in TOS but if they found it during TMP/Phase II adrift it wouldn't look too out of place either.

bridge_of_the_week___tos_wip_08_by_ashleytinger_dd8opkb-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTc2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZDhvcGtiLTE2MjljODM1LWUxMDItNGM3Yi04OWFjLTZmMmYwYmJhNDg2Yy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.ULFluHnIOqCiD_XmgbvTNq_b1hwxMg9mo4Wo-rpbviw

Working on the viewscreens around the bridge. The main viewscreen is going to be the basis for the other two. It's the equivalent of an ultra-wide 120" HD TV. Currently the market only goes up to 110" but that's not for an ultra-wide. :P I'm building this in an older version of the set so there's less clutter while I'm trying to align things which is why the helm is lacking some detail and there's no ceiling. ;)

I included the running sensor blinky lights but put them up where the Captain and crew can see them better and put some access panels below. Then of course the Alert indicators. I'm putting the Bride Support Equipment Panel over on one of the walls to the side of the smaller screens and the General Status display opposite of that. Then I'm going to put some equipment panels in the other areas to give it a little more detail. Plus the Dedication Plaque.

Kind of working on the outer portion of the bridge right now and then I'll go back and tackle in inner portion again.

TOS Sephora Bridge To-Do List:
    Railing and supports
    Captain's Chair
    Import Doors and Turbolift from Throwback Corridor
    Import Throwback wall and ceiling section for exterior bridge off Port Side
    Extend flooring off port side to meet Throwback wall

Built in Truespace 3.2
    Lizzy777
    Nice view screen, just the right size for the bridge crew to sit at their stations between missions an chow down on some popcorn while watching a classic movie. ;)
    Nice view screen, just the right size for the bridge crew to sit at their stations between missions an chow down on some popcorn while watching a classic movie. ;)

Or... Captain's perogative

bridge_of_the_week___tos_wip_08_got_by_ashleytinger_dd8oss0-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZDhvc3MwLWYwMTNhNTk4LTM1NzYtNGI0My04YmQ4LWNmNWE0NTEyOWJhYy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.MSINLqRQZWem-v1Ssh859jEWgBrdOIPDCybuVTxVlh0

;)
    Lizzy777
    Classic tv show then p. LOL.
    bridge_of_the_week___tos_wip_09_by_ashleytinger_dd8r9oi-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTE1MiIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGQ4cjlvaS1jNjM5OTEzNS1lN2ZkLTQxOTMtOWQ2ZS1mOGE5M2Q3MmVmM2QuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.90v5aqGvCV2f0MPPc_mSmeklqdxwFnrX2vqfUs9QUaE

Got the viewscreen and side details imported over to DAZ and textured properly. Also finished off the port side corridor that heads to the, well head, and Captain's Ready Room.

And I just realized I forgot to swap out that Engineering wall diagram that I put in as a test. >_< That's from the LCARS website http://www.lcars.org.uk/TOS_panels.htm and is a quick screengrab. I meant to swap that out. DOH Well other than that graphic the exterior walls of the bridge are complete. So that leaves fixing just a few things in the middle.

TOS Sephora Bridge To-Do List:
    Railing and supports
    Captain's Chair

Built in TrueSpace 3.2
    TOS Engineering Display http://www.lcars.org.uk/TOS_panels.htm
    Klingon ship by MadMan and converted by mattymanx
    Lizzy777
    It's looking great, I like the viewscreen and details around it.
    ashleytingerFreak
    It's looking great, I like the viewscreen and details around it.

Thank you! It's been a different experience building something for TOS/TMP that was designed originally for TNG.
    bridge_of_the_week___tos_wip_10_by_ashleytinger_dd8ui7h-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTc2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZDh1aTdoLTc3NzNiMTc2LTcxOWYtNDEyZS04ZmMwLWQzZTYwZjVkOTIyMy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.EzqjkkTBzgjA_eJoD8_k-jeHpvCx7B9GDlYMYjX-DoY

I know it's sacrilege, but I re-designed the Captain's chair. All the proportions are the same as the original one Shatner graced for years, except for a raised back, head rest, trimmed and slimmed sides and a more... elegant?... base. Plus I built a platform for it to raise it up a bit more.

Built and Rendered in TrueSpace 3.2
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180Freak
    bridge_of_the_week___tos_render_test_02_by_ashleytinger_dd8v5ve-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTc2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZDh2NXZlLWI2MzUyOTAyLWZmZjgtNDg2OS04ZTE1LWQ1MjAwNDI5YWNiNy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.3m_tPSg3K34wmjf2w9shnj7gPu0NOoQklKUWLeKu7a4

The only thing left to do is fix the mesh errors and texture the rear consoles and then the TOS era Bridge of the Week is completed.

I made the railing the same height as the ones on the TOS bridge, but those were designed to be useful for Kirk to lean on from the pit as opposed to keeping the crew from falling into the command pit. I'm not sure I want to raise them though. They're delightfully useless. ;)

Built in TrueSpace 3.2
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777Freak
    I like the chair, it's kind of a blend of TOS and TNG. The whole bridge looks great.
    Thank you! I was trying not to over-do it too much with the chair.
    The Captain Chair looks great and still has a "60's" feel to it.