Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DVenture Class Starship (Rough Model)

LoopholeLoophole48 Posts: 67Member
edited June 2019 in Finished Work #1
Hi, amateur modeler here. Just thought I'd share this starship model I made recently. Full 3D view can be found here as well as my other (less detailed) designs: https://calculusmaximus.artstation.com/projects/aRBB6k

Edit: I smoothed out the faces at the request of evil_genius_180.

lhks7gvfvqzf.png
s0ci24atqk2p.png
e6ir2dagvep9.png
d7tea5davj7t.png
fufo37gmk0qj.png

Feel free to give some feedback on the design.
Post edited by Guerrilla on
Standing among giants
Lizzy777
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I like the design a lot. It reminds me of the Bonaventure from TAS, but not quite the same design. That's some really nice work on the model.

I don't know what software you're using, but you may want to look into a smooth shader or setting, as it will make your round parts look round, as opposed to a series of flat faces.
  • LoopholeLoophole48 Posts: 67Member
    I like the design a lot. It reminds me of the Bonaventure from TAS, but not quite the same design. That's some really nice work on the model.

Thanks, I based the nacelles loosely on the Bonaventure nacelles. I was going for the early TOS-era look, so I figured to go for chunky instead of refined.
    I don't know what software you're using, but you may want to look into a smooth shader or setting, as it will make your round parts look round, as opposed to a series of flat faces.

Yeah, I realize that. I'm using Blender, and I think I know how to get smoother shading. I just haven't gotten around to trying it out, but I'll give it a shot.
    Standing among giants
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    That a great little ship you have there.

If your still learning your way around Blender and want to try the TOS Enterprise.
    Check out the Scifieric Tut, it very easy to follow.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=apgTyq89zKs&list=PLjYhPbfkR7_2P9g0HJoQfsGYhSWZyNPwC&index=2&t=2s