Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    edited May 2019 #2012
    This is related to Rekkert's work: here's another commission that was done for me using one of Rekkert's sets (the Galaxy transporter room in this instance).

ready_to_beam_down_by_rusty0918_dd7qa66-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzI0IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvY2NlZTVmMjctODJmYy00ODQ2LWFjNjQtNWY4MmY4MzEwYjYxXC9kZDdxYTY2LWVhZjJlNWI2LTM3Y2EtNDRkOC1hNGE5LTMxZGQ4YTVhZGM5MS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.2-mlXRjkk7o-PA6mIyanYIv8ubD-GKWJd485tAKk7ws
    Post edited by Rusty0918 on
    Lizzy777FreakRekkert
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    I've done a quick redress commission for @Rusty0918 , the Miranda-Class USS Shockley NCC-21165; a "ship of the week" which will appear in the 'Galaxy Chronicles'. Some of the elements are inspired on its sister ship, the USS Brattain (Shockley and Brattain were co-inventors of the transistor), such as the green color of the walls (same exact shade as the TNG transporter room) and the details on the aft console mirroring the console behind the captain on the Brattain.
    Unlike the canon ship however, the Shockley has the same physical configuration as the USS Saratoga from DS9, with the sensor pods at each side of the hull rather than the rollbar.
    During this commission I took the chance of redoing the Enterprise-C style Captain's chair, making the sides one continuous piece rather than two as they were before.

I have another redress coming up for him, though it'll be a somewhat more involved one.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1558997299
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1558997303
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1558997306
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1558997310
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-shockley-bridge-cutaway.jpg?1558997314
    ashleytingerLizzy777Freak
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    Very nice
  • JMP11JMP1151 Posts: 130Member
    I like the use of the green color. However, I’ve never been a fan of the captain’s head being in front of and so close to those consoles that have been know to explode.... :#
    JMP11 wrote: »
    I like the use of the green color. However, I’ve never been a fan of the captain’s head being in front of and so close to those consoles that have been know to explode.... :#

@JMP11 - I don't do exploding consoles that much in my stories because they've been used way too many times.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    I like the layout and the Brittain green color. Not really feeling the choice of carpet colors to go with the rest of the set, but that’s just me. But overall, I like it. It looks small enough to be cozy, yet open and spacious enough not to feel cluttered or claustrophobic.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    This is a great looking bridge and I am loving the green.
  • cool65cool65332 Posts: 29Member
    Well, that green room may be bad idea. Something almost dark as gray or tan as wood like old room.
    I've started work on the mentioned second redress for Rusty0918, which is the 2376 version of the USS Galaxy battle bridge.

This one is a substantial redress of the Odyssey bridge, with an added level for the Captain's chair, completely different door alcoves, and a new back wall taking some elements from the Bradbury bridge. I still have several key bits to change, including all the floor light sources to a different style and color.

I know it's a bit dark for now, but things will light up considerably once I add the LCARS back in, not to mention tweak the grate light effects.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1559095285
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1559095288
    FreakashleytingerLizzy777
    I've modified the grate lights a bit, adding an emissive plane on top of the point light, so that the dark areas aren't completely black as they were before. The back area's still quite dark though, I might have to add additional lights in there.

I've also started adding the LCARS back in, and modified the aft buttresses to have a Prometheus-style cutout.

tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1559192681
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1559192677
    Lizzy777Freakashleytinger
    Could you make the the textures for that Voyager circuitry larger so that it's two columns for each panel instead of three? I think that would look better. Furthermore, if you could remove those side standing stations away from the bulkheads some, that would be good too.
    @Rusty0918: Sure, I'll try making those details bigger. As for the side stations, I already did that. :p

I've swapped the floor lighting panels to the curvier version from the last battle bridge, and made the lighting there blue.

tadeo-d-oria-c3-08.jpg?1559248957
    Lizzy777ashleytingerFreak
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    Ohhhhh my gosh I love this.
    Ah, that's much better with regards to those aft side consoles! I do wonder how easy it would be to change the lighting of the aft stations to a more Voyager style of lighting, roughly the same kind that is seen above the Voyager MSD and aft stations here: https://forums.scifi-meshes.com/uploads/editor/id/2rrx4vd88gif.png ?
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    These interiors are jus awesome. Very well made!
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    edited May 2019 #2027
    Your interiors are gorgeous. Just saying.
    JMP11 made a comment about panels exploding near the captain's head (Enterprise D and others). I never thought about that before. Good point.
    Post edited by Brandenberg on
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    It's nice to see that you're still doing the great Star Trek interiors. :)
    @BlueNeumann: Glad you do! :)

@Rusty0918: Mmm, that shouldn't be too hard to do above the two aft stations.

@TrekMD: Thank you very much!

@Brandenberg: Thanks! :) Yeah, exploding consoles on Trek are always very... picky, they don't target main characters. :p

@evil_genius_180: I'm thankful to still be able to call this a job. :)

I decided to work on a personal project during the weekend. I received a commission request for a Lantree style bridge, aka an inverted TNG battle bridge. That commission is still a long way off (if it happens, as it's not confirmed), but it did start a little spark of inspiration in me. I decided to do something like it all the same.

I wanted to go for a non-canon, smallish TMP era craft, so I ended up choosing the Merced-Class as depicted at ASDB. This is a favorite of mine, having previously done a schematic style graphic for it. That last bit was a big deciding factor, as it meant I already had the basis for any ship specific okudagrams I'd need.

Given the date of launch and registry, I went for an Enterprise-B style (though with a bigger budget, I'm not planning on using any boat seats here). It's still very much unfinished, as you can see, it's just an idea for now. When I continue with it, I'll probably remove that hideous brown, it doesn't look as good on such a simpler design as it does on the busier Excelsior-Class bridge. I might rework the area behind the Captain's chair as well, it looks like a lot of wasted space right now.

As ever, ideas, comments, and critiques welcome.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-08.jpg?1559558870
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1559558652
    ashleytingerFreakLizzy777
    It's definitely very interesting, with what is normally a main viewer behind the command chair.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    That a small bridge, but I like it.
    On the Galaxy battle bridge, I'm nearly done with the LCARS, I only have to add in the MSD for the aft alcove. All that's left after that is finding some place to add in the weapon lockers and replicator, plus some tweaks on the ceiling.

tadeo-d-oria-c3-11.jpg?1559642278

As for the Merced, I've swapped a bunch of stuff around. First of all I returned the Captain's platform to its original location, more central to the layout, and added in two more wall facing stations behind it. The consoles are floating for now, I plan on adding support struts connecting them to the wall (similar to the console we see in Kirk's quarters on board the refit).

On the front wall, I've created new buttresses with a wall facing light, and a completely new viewscreen. Both new elements are still in progress. I've also moved or removed most of the white decals from the walls.

Finally, I've also tweaked the shape of the Captain's chair. This was the very first chair design I did for a commission, and it's showing its age, so I sculpted the fabric bits somewhat to have a somewhat more realistic shape. Still nowhere near perfect though.

tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1559643815
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-03.jpg?1559643811
    Freakashleytinger
    Both bridges are looking great. I especially like the battle bridge. That looks like it would work nicely as a main bridge for a number of ships.
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    I like the changes so far on the smaller bridge. Neat take on it!
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Your interiors look fantastic!
    @evil_genius_180 - It's based off of a bridge set used several times in DS9 before finally being used as a general Defiant interior.

@Rekkert - Don't forget the ceiling holographic projector (it's like that holographic thing on the Potemkin's briefing room's conference table except on the ceiling, in front of the command chair, so that the CO and tactical officer can have 3-D tactical views projected in front of them (as opposed to 2-D tactical displays).
    edited June 2019 #2037
    @evil_genius_180: Thanks! Indeed, it has a ton stations for a battle bridge, I could imagine the same module as-is would fit in nicely for a main bridge.

@ashleytinger: Thanks!

@scifieric: Thank you very much!

@Rusty0918: I hadn't forgot about that, hence why I mentioned "tweaks on the ceiling". ;)

Speaking of which, I've added the holoprojector to the ceiling; plus the weapon lockers on the back wall (really, the only wall with any space left), and the MSD at the back.

I know, it's dark.

tadeo-d-oria-c6-01.jpg?1559692415
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1559692412
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    edited June 2019 #2038
    Looking great, dude. :)
    Rusty0918 wrote: »
    @evil_genius_180 - It's based off of a bridge set used several times in DS9 before finally being used as a general Defiant interior.

The set actually has a history that goes back to the 1970s. It started off as the Phase II/TMP bridge set and, with minor alterations, was used in the next three movies. With much heavier modifications, it became the TNG battle bridge, and was further modified to be other bridges and other rooms entirely. (the courtroom in "The Measure of a Man," for example.) The cost of returning it to battle bridge configuration is why we hardly saw the ship separate, as was originally the intent when it went into battle.

I believe this configuration is the one from "The Best of Both Worlds, Part Two," which was the last time we saw the battle bridge. Prior to that, we saw hadn't seen it since season 1, when it still had the TMP turbolift alcoves. And, of course it went on to be used on DS9 and Voyager.
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
    As wit the aft alcove lighting, perhaps we can add two of those vertical sconces, one beside each door. That might help!
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    As the Battle Bridge, it really didn't fit in with the Galaxy Class aesthetic, so I do wish they had done a newer design at some point, possibly Best Of Both Worlds. But at that point it feels like they knew they wouldn't do many more stories that required separation.
    @evil_genius_180 and @Rekkert - the main reason it has so many stations for a battle bridge is because it's far more frequently used. In fact, this is where the captain prefers to command the Galaxy from after her refit. Also she's expected to use the saucer separation a lot more - primarily because the ship has four Class II rapid fire phaser pulse cannons tucked in its dorsal drive section for use when separated as seen here:

a_very_rude_awakening_by_rusty0918_dd5tsg7-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NDgwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvY2NlZTVmMjctODJmYy00ODQ2LWFjNjQtNWY4MmY4MzEwYjYxXC9kZDV0c2c3LWFiMTIyYTM0LWExY2EtNDczYy1hNTJmLTA4OTE3NTY1Njg3My5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.M3t6K_QkRCcj7L-ztNMK0E1Lyt8r0b0Fj2m3vfXLfiM