Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DPainting of the Captains of Star Trek.

FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
edited December 2015 in Work in Progress #1
Hi all, long time no see!!
Been far too long since I last visited the site, but good to see some old faces are still here or reappeared. I have not touched Blender in a few years which means my Akria Class ship is still waiting to be textured, but I do plan on getting it done at some point. I have been working in 2d over the last few years mainly doing Pin-up style pictures, but I have done a few none Pin-up pictures.

I notices I never posted my finished picture of Captain Sisko, so here it is.
This picture was done in PS3 and all with a mouse way back in 2013. (Reason for some really bad lines work.)
109819.jpg
Post edited by Freak on
Tagged:

• tbronzwaertbronzwaer0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work!! I think you really captured Sisko. The head and eyes look terrific, and the only criticism I can think of with regards to Sisko is that his mouth looks a bit more cartoonish to me than the rest of him.
    I like the colors of the background a lot, but the lines look a bit sloppy. It seems to me that a person is much harder to draw than a bulkhead, so I think it's worth straightening them out!
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Thanks for the comment.
    Yeah not really happy with the month as you said it a bit cartoonish, at the time of doing it I was using just a mouse and found it really hard to really hard to do a straight line, I also did not know how to use the pen tool in PS. So this is the reason the lines are sloppy.

Not long after finishing off Sisko, I got my first Wacom Tablet. After getting used to it and drawing a few pin-up girls. I moved onto my next Trek Captain, I worked on this on and off for over a year.

This time it Kirk, again the mouth is a bit cartoonish but overall I am happy with the way this turned out.

kirk-6.jpg
  • Knight26Knight26191 Posts: 837Member
    Nicely done, is any of your other work posted somewhere we can see it?
    Thank You.
    Yes my everything is posted up on my blog. Link is in the Sig. and deviantart Here
    To save going though everything you can see it all if you click on the Gallery tab.
    I was given a few day posting the pic's up here so people could comment on each one. I am currently working on Janeway
  • calamity_sicalamity_si361 Posts: 369Member
    Mate, those are bloody good! My favourite is your Captain Sisko. For some reason, I've always found Bill Shatner's features really difficult to get right. I don't think you've got him 100% right either, but there's no shame in that. You've done better with Kirk's face than quite a few book cover artists have over the last (almost) 50 years.
    Thanks, it the mouth on Kirk that not working for me, I lost count the number of times I tired to get it right, but it kept coming out cartoonish.

Here is the last finished picture of the Captains of Star Trek, Captain Picard. The main thing that bugs me about this picture is that his eye are too bright. I just can't seem to get the colour balance to work right on them.

captain-picard.jpg
  • Knight26Knight26191 Posts: 837Member
    Looking good, my only nits would be the eye color, yes too bright and there seems to be a shadow missing on the tip of his nose making it appear flatter.

Also, would be interested in any commissions?
    Thanks, there a little bit of shading there but it so light you really can't see it.

As for commissions I am open to them, but I would not start on them until then New Year.
    Too much running around for the holidays to get anything done.
    As I been away for some time, have not posted my other Captains of Star Trek.
    Here is Janeway, this was done back in 2016. The eyes are a bit to bright like my Picard, but it all a learning posses. ;)

janeway-4.jpg

Still to do Archer and then all the main Captain for the shows have been done.
    Lizzy777
    Another one from 2016.
    This is of the Brog Queen done for Halloween.

borg-queen-background.jpg
    Lizzy777
    This is not a Captain. I wanted to do a Trek Pin-up picture and this is what I came up with.
    Done back in 2017.
    I put the Starfleet delta onto her underwear which was inspired by the uniforms from the 09 film.

before-morning-duty.jpg

That was the last Star Trek drawing I have done. Really need to get back to doing Archer, to finish off the Captains.
    Lizzy777
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Nice!
    Thank you.
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Nice work!
    Thank You.