Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAshley's Star Trek WIP Thread

• ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    Progress has been slow due to a busy work week and my house sale falling through. Meh.

tos_stateroom_wip_03_by_ashleytinger_dd4zja5-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTc2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZDR6amE1LTI1ODhlOTYwLWIwN2EtNDY0ZS04YWQ3LTliMDAxYTMwNDZmYy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.KRlPv7fXj8R4Bq3zoePdPFPqDx_9osWB8dBLu0D9ATI

Realized I needed some buttons and a few other things I've never modeled for the stateroom.

tos_stateroom_wip_04_by_ashleytinger_dd55ntb-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTE4IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZDU1bnRiLTBkOTMxMmExLWJhODQtNDEzMi1iNGM5LWJjMGFiZjJkZTA2ZS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.gHj2Qsh9c_QSTEPIDGWEz0--lphZy4yw-h8GLGhM9QY

Finished up the food synthesizer. Borrowed the same dimensions for the viewer as the original TOS table viewer except I made it more rounded, widescreen and a flat panel. The doors take a little inspiration from Discovery, but I wanted to be a little different. And my first TOS buttons are deployed! ;)

Lizzy777
    23rd_century_sickbay_wip_01_by_ashleytinger_dd5djfq-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTExIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZDVkamZxLTBhYzk5ZWYwLWFjNWQtNGU4Mi04NjUzLTZlZWNlNzkwOTkwMC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.y6BZJ8f79ni56AXztUxo0PbGkDMOZksD1yI59rEUA6w

Roughed out a 23rd Century sickbay that's part TOS, part TMP and part Phase II. I wanted to make sure I had my head in the right place and get some ideas down. This has been bugging and gnawing at me and interfering with my other projects. DAMN YOU MUSE! This is enough I think for me to hop over to one of the other projects. We have our office off the side of the entrance, a nurse's station right at the entrance with easy access to the ward, entrance and exam/surgery area, an exam/surgery area with privacy/diagnostic screen, and a 6 bed recovery ward for this part of sickbay.

It's missing some walls... ok a lot of walls, the consoles for the nurse's, the tools and such for the exam area and most of the crap I wanted to toss into the office. It's a promising start.
    Lizzy777MadKoiFish
  • ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator
    I like that a lot. Could probably work in a TMP setting if needed as well.
    Viper wrote: »
    I like that a lot. Could probably work in a TMP setting if needed as well.

It's probably going to look a bit more TMP, but having worked with the TMP sickbay and being overly familiar with most emergency rooms, the sickbay layouy on MOST of the Trek shows has bugged the hell out of me. The layout is based loosely around TOS, then modified to fit with the curve of the TMP corridor, and then I started dropping the Phase II/TMP assets I'd built into it and away I went. LOL

Definitely not going with a carpeted floor in here either. Contemplating some kind of decon lights/emitters or something near the entrance too, but maybe pushing the idea a bit far.
    tos_stateroom_wip_05_by_ashleytinger_dd5g4py-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTEzIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZDVnNHB5LWE4OWJkYjljLTdmMGEtNDM0MS1iMzVkLTkyZmE5NmNkNDNhNi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.R4vfnQM0BC2kT1jbTuRm5rPSLHQsZq9nAqVqtxQw8kg

After building the Keurig of the future, I've moved over to the 'living area' of the stateroom as I wanted to try and tackle a design for the couch, based off fav.me/d5on21k but a little more basic looking for the TOS era. I'm also tinkering with a table in the rough shape of the Starfleet pennant, although looking at it from an angle and rendered, the little parts that are jagged are irritating me. Probably going to completely re-do the tabletop but I still like the idea.

Lizzy777
    tos_stateroom_wip_06_by_ashleytinger_dd5hyi6-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzAwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZDVoeWk2LThjZTBiZGE2LTFhNTgtNGU3ZC1iYzE1LTI1NmY0MmMxOGIyMy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.Ck1MFVigp07cKHqyWqqB5DSWjSvRILiNpeNV1yTuSG0

I completely redid the Starfleet Pennant table matching it almost exactly from the way it showed up in one of the trial episodes of the original series. Then I wanted to see it pieced together so far, so the kitchen pieces are there, including the ever important coffee maker, and I dropped the living room in where it's going to go. Obviously materials aren't all set yet, but right now it's all about layout, spacing and shape.

I'm thinking of doing a full blown dining table and then like a breakfast nook by the window but I haven't settled on a dining table design I like yet. Probably going to model up the TOS bed and side tables along with a dresser next. I'm thinking that off section of the bedroom could be a closet or changing area.
    ViperLizzy777
    tos_stateroom_wip_07_by_ashleytinger_dd5jy41-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MzgxIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZDVqeTQxLTdjNWQzYThmLTU0NjctNDNhZS1iNGZjLTM2MmRlYjVhZTA3Yy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.PnLtMCpDcTzOMk1HgO9rSIbyGCu0sznMp4NsMv-lZA8

Moved over to the bedroom.

I may have over-done it a bit with some of the detailing around the bed. This is a little bit more than TOS level, but I think it kind of works? I'll probably carry some of this look over if I do a Phase II/TMP version, but while I like the look it might be too overdone around the bed for TOS. The... wall linings/bed shelving... for lack of a better term, have a light strip above and below for that special night time glow. Cause why not? Truespace can't really demonstrate that too well, at least the version I'm building in, but once I get it into DAZ to play, it'll be more apparent.

The dresser is completely based around the TOS version that sat in the corner. Drawers work, and there's a full length mirror and a closet. I carried over some designs from TOS, particularly in the wall 'art' and the decorations are based off a set I found in a Desilu Stage 9 re-creation floating around. The bed is full on Phase II, but after PDSmith and I talked about it, the regular sized TOS bed just wasn't going to cut it.

So I'll hold off and wait on his feedback before I call the bedroom done. Going to tackle the stairs in both the living room and down into the dining room. We're planning some mood lighting either in or under those.
    Lizzy777Viper
    I like that a lot. Especially the office one. Is this for a ship or a station?
    Viper wrote: »
    I like that a lot. Especially the office one. Is this for a ship or a station?

Thanks! I'm enjoying playing in a different era with the designs. :) The stateroom can be for both really. The set layout was originally for the big space station over Earth (or Starbase 79 over at Cygnus), but someone had modified it for a TNG era starship and I went back to the original for sizes. So while it was initially for a station, I think PDSmith is using this for VIP quarters on a larger starship.
    Ah, I see. I asked because I see windows in some screenshots, figured you had a place in mind for these rooms.
    None in particular, just kind of following along with PDSmith's wants for the set at this point. :)
    tos_stateroom_wip_08_by_ashleytinger_dd5xzfq-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTc2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZDV4emZxLTUzZWZmNTk4LWI5OWMtNGQxNy04NTJjLTIwYjQ4ODA2NTIyZi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.GiOYNnCX11j6yy_E9kGYnF4Qld2VXRY4WmsyN6rYaTM

Designed up a really simple glass/fiberglass/plastic table set along with clear plastic lighting. Stuff that comes across as elegant and 'futuristic' but is also something that could be done on the cheap for our TOS era. ;) I threw in my Phase II chairs but the TOS chairs would work just as well I think. Started laying out the office, but I think only the desk and bookshelves may be staying when PDSmith gets his hands on this as he already has other ideas for the office. ;) I'm just going to put together a very basic set for the room at this point.

tos_stateroom_wip_09_by_ashleytinger_dd60xc3-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTE5IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZDYweGMzLThlODgyOTQwLTFiNGYtNDY5Yy1iOThjLWM4M2FiNDcyMGM2Ni5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.AnTSWZpo0GK83HnWKRv90kzn5U6VAinAsfEHc9eoGxQ

I just did a very basic set-up with an expanded desk based off the one in the TOS officer's quarters, a flat widescreen display but still roughly TOS style, and I finished off the stairs. So what's left? Bathroom, exterior corridor section, ceiling, and an exterior green screen curtain for looking out into that void. Then import it all into DAZ and make sure it holds up.

Huzzah
    Lizzy777
    tos_stateroom___bedroom_by_ashleytinger_dd6939m-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTQwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZDY5MzltLWJlYWExZGEzLWNmY2UtNGQwMC04YzA4LWI1YmRjNThiZTg1NC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.e0VrniRWmNk1l2_kTnFcszXpShT9Bi-zfuvl51ZY5fY

The building portion of our program has completed and I've started importing the stateroom set piece by piece into DAZ for assembly, texturing, and lighting.

First up is our bedroom. I'm using the Phase II bed I built because it's bigger than the TOS one, but I've brought a lot of TOS flavor into the room otherwise. I'm sure PDSmith is going to mess with the colors later to get them where he wants them for his purposes, but I wanted this to be a kind of warm feeling room, hence the browns and oranges.

Built in Truespace 3.2 and rendered in DAZStudio 4.10 with iRay
    Lizzy777
    tos_stateroom___office_by_ashleytinger_dd6ee0i-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTA4MCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGQ2ZWUwaS0zN2E1NjI3ZS0xYTJlLTQxYzAtYmVkNS1lNTAxM2UzOWVhNDYuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.82u_67dok-U3jLHpf6S_fajpkuMauydBmKQP747o5ok

The office ended up being extremely plain... for now. I think of it as unoccupied. PDSmith is going to be decking it out for his story so I didn't want to pack a ton of stuff in it, but I wanted it to at least be functional and have spaces to put things. Every office should have those.

The TOS style flat/widescreen monitor makes it's first properly rendered debut and the TOS picture frames continue to pop up with variations on the same texture. :P And the first real rendered use of the lounge chair. No, it's not orange here. The plain blue fit the functional room I thought.

Built in Truespace 3.2
    Rendered in DAZ Studio 4.10 with iRay
    Lizzy777
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Very pretty work!
    Thanks! A bit out of my comfort zone as far as the era, but I'm having fun with it. :)

tos_stateroom___lounge_by_ashleytinger_dd6fpgf-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTA4MCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGQ2ZnBnZi0wYzcxNTA4Yy1mNjE2LTRhMTEtYTVhNy0zMTJjNWM0MzI3MzYuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.eq2h0T3PileF7BXVE3lkFR1ip1wYK_ZULDJ8sAMGfTo

I'd been calling this the living room, but for some reason last night while I was putting the furniture in and rendering, it said lounge to me.

In keeping with the TOS budget idea, paintings are the same from the other rooms, but the pattern is slightly different. The 'space' scene beyond the windows is a simple large 'painted' backdrop, much like they used for the planetary sets in the series. I think I'll have to tinker with the lights on the underside of the stairs. They're not nearly as bright as I'd hoped and I think I'm getting some unintentional light spill.

And I just realized I'd meant to put a plant or two in the corners.

Built in Truespace 3.2
    Lizzy777
    Because living areas are meant to be lived in, I did up a few test renders with people in them to also test my lighting.

tos_stateroom___lounge_character_test_by_ashleytinger_dd6ix13-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTQwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZDZpeDEzLTFiMzAzODkxLTI1MmUtNDIzNC05Njk5LWQ4NTg2YmNjZjE2OS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.D7pGAqjrejBfNgptQFGWaV3CsmyS9JL6NlJ1Rn35x0M

tos_stateroom___bedroom_character_test_by_ashleytinger_dd6l0qa-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTQwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZDZsMHFhLTA3MjI3YWYwLTc4NGUtNGJkYy04MzEzLTBhZTkwZWJjYzk0ZS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.XVX2E7uAcWcnSTJhnkxSUMy4AdOgrhdL_igM2VKKSeE

and on with the last room I detailed, the Dining, breakfast nook and kitchen area

tos_stateroom___dining_and_kitchen_area_by_ashleytinger_dd6qmdb-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTA4MCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGQ2cW1kYi0yMWNkZDkwNS0xYjVhLTQwOWQtYjRmMS1jOGRjM2U1ZWRjMzIuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.Et23uPw9WdjHt3QPEJzW8a_llO2fKPpZDdHgYNZOvYM

I remembered the plants this time. :P

I kept the deigns simple but aimed for elegant for TOS, but pulled in a few ideas for the food synthesizer from Discovery, but kept it more TOS. I rendered this out without the 'glass' chandeliers fully lit.

Built in Truespace 3.2
    Collab with PDSmith
    Pike Era uniform textures for Valiant and Courageous by mylochka
    DAZ base figures V4 and Genesis
    Lizzy777Brandenberg
    tos_stateroom___exterior_corridor_by_ashleytinger_dd6rbuy-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTQwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZDZyYnV5LTVhZmRlODA0LWNiMWMtNDcwYi04MDhjLTM2YmVkMWFhOThlMS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.ExB1hj0khtOkXZvKUAsjokNmaVwDJnTnjOAuazAPhAw

My first TOS style corridor. I say style because me panels are much larger width wise even though I matched the height. That bend in the corridor to the right is the lead in entrance to the doors of the stateroom.

throwback_corridors_wip_01_by_ashleytinger_dd6woot-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MzgwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZDZ3b290LTYzZGJhYTFmLWJlZjQtNGJhYS1hODQyLTg4N2E2MmI3MTE2Ni5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.S4teo2Rt0SBpfpgO080qKU-nlR5ZJ0cCjF6G0xs_tes

I've pulled the Destroyer Corridor parts out of mothballs and I'm working on what I'd originally called a Throwback set before I'd decided to drop it on a Destroyer. This is a set of corridors using the parts from the Destroyer Corridors, but revamped to match the height and sections of the original Desilu Stage 9 set. I started with one side of the set and need to work on the other, but I think it's coming along. I also need to work on the doors and 'Jefferies' entries that will slot in there. I'm probably just going to throw in my corridor and vertical Jefferies set rather than try and fit the slanted tube into this, but it'll be in the same location.

Biggest change that's carried over, instead of just having an A frame doorway, I've made sections that are A framed that join in along where the A frame doorways were. I don't know if I'm going to model the wall greebles beyond the wall com or not. There are going to be more Phase II styled alert indicators hanging along the rafters as well. The whole idea with this is that it's a Technology Original Standard layout and feel but could easily fit between or in place of TOS and TMP.

I'm also borrowing some floor detailing from In A Mirror Darkly from Enterprise and I'm toying with the idea of doing up a version that would work on Discovery. Basically it'll mean making the floor glossy.

I'll be puttering along on this one as time allows. I've got a few other things cooking up at home including finishing up the Phase II uniforms.

Built in Truespace 3.2
    TOS Corridor rendered in DAZ Studio 4.10 with iRay

Lizzy777
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    A lot of beautiful work you've put in on this - just saying. :)
    A lot of beautiful work you've put in on this - just saying. :)

Thank you! Much appreciated :)

throwback_corridors_wip_02_by_ashleytinger_dd74nzu-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTc2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZDc0bnp1LTllNmUzNzE3LWEyNDgtNGZlNi05MTE1LWNlY2Y1NmRiZjE3My5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.26_l7zqG6LQqJU6JPoE64x1nZv_hy3qV9HwzSQx4BWc

So... teleconference calls have been productive for me modeling wise this week.

Floor isn't finished and neither are the doors. I'm doing a version that's a riff on the Enterprise doors in Discovery which looked like they were based off the Voyager doors.

Built in Truespace 3.2

Lizzy777Zhor2395
    tmp_cic_wip01_by_ashleytinger_dd76kqg-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZDc2a3FnLTc0ZWJmMGEzLTYzMTEtNDkzMi05MDViLWZkZDMzOThhZGY5NC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.BRWGSr5tWMpGdMcbeGMeZMzZB-GPqreah4TzL4hfnuk

Apparently I have a few projects going on now. :P

Working on an an often theorized but never realized room on the Connie, but obviously can work on just about any ship, a Combat Intelligence Center, or CIC. When not in combat it could be used for mission planning and activity or coordinating with other ships.

I'm borrowing my own parts from the TMP Engineering set for this but then I decided to model my own 'pool table' for the room. It's deviating a bit from the plans but it works for my purposes. :P
    Lizzy777Brandenberg
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    edited May 2019 #143
    I dig the idea... but I wouldn't call it CIC, I'd call it Mission Ops. Whatever the mission is, that's where the departments coordinate! And their status is fed to the Mission Ops panel on the bridge, just like the science department, engineering, tactical, etc! It was always the one panel on the bridge I never really understood until recently.
    Post edited by BlueNeumann on
  • Zhor2395Zhor2395344 MN, USAPosts: 92Member
    your work is amazing
    "It's just like bumper cars...where everyone dies." ~Penny Robinson
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    I like what you have done here.
    I dig the idea... but I wouldn't call it CIC, I'd call it Mission Ops. Whatever the mission is, that's where the departments coordinate! And their status is fed to the Mission Ops panel on the bridge, just like the science department, engineering, tactical, etc! It was always the one panel on the bridge I never really understood until recently.

I have agree with this. For Trek ships the CIC is the bridge of the ship as the Captain/ Commanding Officer sits there.
    If they had a CIC like a real navel ship, then he would not sit on the bridge but in the CIC at the centre of the ship.

*shrugs* It can be used for either. According to the Constitution Refit blueprints, this would actually be one of two smaller CIC's on deck two, this one could be communications or damage control and the one that's double the size of this one is the Flag Bridge. I think on any ship that's not being considered a flag ship or a fleet control ship, this would be more of a mission ops. I was only planning on having one of these on the Challenger anyway. :)

Zhor2395 wrote: »
    your work is amazing

Thanks!

Freak wrote: »
    I like what you have done here.

I have agree with this. For Trek ships the CIC is the bridge of the ship as the Captain/ Commanding Officer sits there.
    If they had a CIC like a real navel ship, then he would not sit on the bridge but in the CIC at the centre of the ship.

Thanks! Yeah for most ships in Starfleet I think the Bridge works as the command center of the ship, but when you're coordinating a massive fleet, you really wouldn't sit on the command center of your ship, you'd be tucked away giving orders to other ships including your own. For a flag ship of a massive fleet, or even a fleet control ship, you'd have a massive CIC. This one definitely works more for mission ops or just in general fielding lots of communications. I'm actually thinking of this scenario with it. You've got one person in charge of 6 landing parties, 4 shuttlecraft and you're coordinating with the shuttle hangar in the secondary hull to keep shuttles moving in and out. Sure, you could do some of that from the bridge, but why in the hell would you put all that on your crew while they need to keep the ship in orbit of the star that's gearing up for a super nova when you can coordinate all of this a deck below and let your first officer keep the ship steady while you organize your science study/evacuation from a more secure room and keep your mind on that instead of how the ship is doing?

That's what I imagine the CIC/Mission Ops on a standard ship would be for and that would NOT be what you'd run from the bridge because that's going to get a landing party killed or a shuttlecraft wiped out.
    23rd_century_cic_mission_ops_render_test_by_ashleytinger_dd7c6j0-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTA4MCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGQ3YzZqMC01MmU0NGU3ZS04NDk2LTRiYTgtODQwMy0yY2ZjNTU0OTI2MzMuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTE5MjAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.yg4KwwxjvNt08aG-jQ0_9OSqagaiDDOFV3KieLn8iHU

Got the CIC into DAZ already. Did a render test with characters in it first before the empty renders to make sure my ceiling lights were enough. Ended up doing some edits to the materials on the wall consoles.

CIC Mission Ops built in Truespace 3.2
    Uniform design by JBogguess
    Courageous outfit from DAZ
    Original patterns for Courageous by Dope_Fish
    Genesis 3 figures from DAZ

23rd_century_cic_mission_ops_by_ashleytinger_dd7c6yo-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTE1MiIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGQ3YzZ5by03NDYzZGJkZi0yMzZkLTRkM2EtODgzNy1mYzRmMWM1ZGZjNjEuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.gbDcOJHyuFsJJWBPUoEuu0KJb6LJYrMrU3riNhyfXjI

Located on Deck 2 of the Heavy Cruiser and larger starships, the CIC/Mission Operations pulls double duty as the Mission Control center and the CIC for visiting higher ranking officers, as needed, for Fleet Operations.

CIC Mission Ops built in Truespace 3.2
    Lizzy777FreakMadKoiFishRekkert
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    nice work.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    That looks really good.
    Lee80 wrote: »
    nice work.

Thanks!
    Freak wrote: »
    That looks really good.

Thank you!

23rd_century_phase_ii_bridge_wip_01_by_ashleytinger_dd7igk1-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTQ0MCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGQ3aWdrMS0yZGFlZDc2Mi00ZDcxLTQ0MzktYjZlMC02MzY0ODEzNDY1YzYuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.2DZi2Ox1gitG1ibSbLa67Uy06kfKkv9AxCTS7XA4frc

I started poking at this a bit when JBogguess posted a color palette for the Phase II bridge over on Deviantart. I pulled out my conversion and was using JamesJAB bridge parts to realize it, but then after looking at the Phase II bridge set under construction, I noticed that the outlines around each station weren't there originally but that the bridge looked fairly plain that way, which is why they probably added them for the film. But I wanted this to look a bit less elegant, so instead of being built into the bridge walls all nice and neat, the consoles are built into hard points that slide into the alcoves. The design is almost there, but not quite.

I haven't decided on the weapons console yet. It's not going to look like the film version or the Phase II version. I'm toying with a combined console something like we saw in Reliant in the back that fits into the bridge better than the others. Maybe that way I can account for the Phase II bridge transporter that never was. That and I really don't want to model a console I hate the look of. :P I also need to do the viewscreen yet to be more accurate to the film/Phase II version and I'm going to go and redo all the ceiling greebles to be much smoother.

At this point the bridge is about half and half my modeling and JamesJAB original release. By the end of it I'm figuring it'll be mostly mine with credit going to JamesJAB for an excellent starting point.

Built in Truespace 3.2
    RekkertLizzy777
    Apparently I'm in a spring cleaning mode on old meshes I haven't touched in years. :p

bridge_of_the_week_wip_05_by_ashleytinger_dd7kxot-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzUzIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZDdreG90LWY2N2Q4MDMxLTE0OWItNDZlZS05NjUyLTU4NjMxMzQ5MGUxZi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.kUzNQAUp6LGoeGI_VEpa6E1CaGTmAm1qnJGUeDzlg5Q

I went deep diving through some old projects looking for spare parts for other projects and found this little bridge sitting out there untouched from February of 2017. What? me pass it over without messing with it?? Of COURSE I touched it!

I went in and imported the updated helm console from the Phase II bridge, completely redid the steps so a visiting OSHA inspector wouldn't fail the Starfleet guest bridge (yay slightly rounded edges!), redid the railing entirely and brought over the rail supports from the Phase II bridge. Then I went and resized all of the wall padding so it didn't look like NERF had heavily invested in bridge design. The back consoles I'm probably going to replace with the consoles from the Civilian transport since I think those are what these started out as. Or something. I'm also thinking a few stand up consoles off to the sides of the helm and back slightly wouldn't be too bad, but I'm not mounting anything on the forward walls. Trying to preserve that TNG Bridge of the Week feel.

The chairs are also temporary as I'm going to bring in the chairs from the TMP bridge. This is going to be an early 24th Century bridge to start with, then I'm going to model out the split TNG consoles and Captain's Chair and figure out chairs for the back to make it a mid-24th Century bridge.

One idea I'm seriously toying with is gutting the hell out of it and making a TOS version. Cause why the hell not??? This could be like a kit. The outer walls remain relatively the same, but the wall components and consoles get changed out for the different eras. Could even do up a TMP version that's pre-Okuda grams.

There are lots of possibilities. :)

Built in Truespace 3.2
    Lizzy777Rekkert