Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DScifieric's Klingon D7

scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
edited April 2019 in Work in Progress #1
Finally took the plunge and started on a new starship. All being built in Blender 3D. The windows and ports are all just plugs for now as the blueprints are off on the placement and number of ports. I want to move them around until they look like they are a little closer to the placement of the original model components.

Thanks for looking in.

v51k9bjhmsft.png
ki2p1z9196d8.png
3bqyfx87rgeg.png
kbkos9y1dq6c.png
wv3x60xwtrpy.png

Post edited by Guerrilla on
Lizzy777wolfmanRekkertMadKoiFish
Tagged:

• ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator
    Looks very nice and clean so far :)
    scifieric
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Viper wrote: »
    Looks very nice and clean so far :)
    Thank you, Viper!
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    Looks pretty smooth. Are you going to modify it with some extra detailing, or go with the classic D-7?
    scifieric
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Absolutely beautiful start! I’ll be following this!
    scifieric
    Lizzy777 wrote: »
    Looks pretty smooth. Are you going to modify it with some extra detailing, or go with the classic D-7?
    The answer is probably a mix. I really, REALLY want it to look like the classic D-7. But, I keep wanting to add some detailing, including lights.
    Absolutely beautiful start! I’ll be following this!
    Thank you!
    Lizzy777
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Very nice mesh and so clean , =)
    scifieric
    scifieric wrote: »
    The answer is probably a mix. I really, REALLY want it to look like the classic D-7. But, I keep wanting to add some detailing, including lights.

I added lights and disruptor turrets to the hull on mine. I don't remember if they were on the film model, but I think I found them on some blueprints. Compared to the rest of the ship, they can seem tiny and easy to miss. I also added a simple shuttle bay between the impulse engines.
    scifieric
    trekki wrote: »
    Very nice mesh and so clean , =)
    Thank you!
    I added lights and disruptor turrets to the hull on mine. I don't remember if they were on the film model, but I think I found them on some blueprints. Compared to the rest of the ship, they can seem tiny and easy to miss. I also added a simple shuttle bay between the impulse engines.
    I see you kept the multi-toned paint job too! Nice work!
    Lizzy777
    I see you kept the multi-toned paint job too! Nice work!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing yours progress. Have you seen the D7 ship reveal on Star Trek: Discovery yet? The more recent episode (Season 2, episode 12) showed a skewed 3/4 view from the rear that revealed quite a bit of detail on the reworked design.

Someone on reddit captured a screen from that episode.
    scifieric
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9712 Posts: 5,302Member
    edited April 2019 #11
    1080p cap for those wanting more pixels.
    https://madkoifish.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/std-d7-01.jpg
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    Lizzy777scifieric
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing yours progress. Have you seen the D7 ship reveal on Star Trek: Discovery yet? The more recent episode (Season 2, episode 12) showed a skewed 3/4 view from the rear that revealed quite a bit of detail on the reworked design.

Someone on reddit captured a screen from that episode.
    Yeah, Madkoifish shared the image on my website. They've greebled up the old design and added lots of JJ Abrams lights and flares. Hm.
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    1080p cap for those wanting more pixels.
    https://madkoifish.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/std-d7-01.jpg
    Thank you, Madkoifish!
    A very small amount of progress. A new neck, and starting to set the outlines for the main body. The bottom is harder than I thought.

fzsy3kjspkbs.png
    Lizzy777
    A very small amount of progress. A new neck, and starting to set the outlines for the main body. The bottom is harder than I thought.

I think I know which section you're talking about. I had trouble with that compound curve in the center-rear on the underside. Still, progress is progress!
    scifieric
  • ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator
    Are you doing via subdvisions? Should be fairly simple to get the shape right. Like the progress so far :)
    scifieric
    Viper wrote: »
    Are you doing via subdvisions? Should be fairly simple to get the shape right. Like the progress so far :)
    Yes I am. I need to break out my Klingon plastic model and more carefully examine the underside of the primary hull.

Thank you!