Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    edited March 2019 #1862
    I do have to say, that split in the center looks better, IMHO. Not so sure about the Conn / Ops stations though, seems to clash a bit with the secondary command stations. However, it's not my say.
    Post edited by Rusty0918 on
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Starscream wrote: »
    I'm intrigued as to how you'd color Voyager-style doors to fit this aesthetic... Especially with all the black and steel in them! It's given me an idea; I'll have to go and play with PS to see if it works. :+1:

I wouldn't alter them... they'd look exactly as they do on Voyager. :)
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    Well now you're just being crazy! Lol
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Progress on the Frontier's been a bit slow as I'm having to redesign the aft corridors to fit the bridge shape, so there's nothing worth showing on that front today. However...

I recently rediscovered an old backup of my PC circa 2010, with all my old SketchUp models in it. Of particular note was the nearly complete mesh of Bernd Scheider's USS Buenos Aires that I had been working on at that time. Eventually the complex shape was too much for my SketchUp knowledge and it's what directly lead to me start learning 3DS Max. Anyway, with the help of Scragnog I was able to get the model to open with Blender (I couldn't do it myself thanks to the fact that SU has no Linux version).

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1551954226

I might revisit the exterior model someday, but the current version would have to be completely scratched and I don't have the free time to embark on such an endeavor right now.

Anyway, I started my third iteration of the Buenos Aires bridge today, which is logically based on the same structure as the USS Anchorage bridge, as it's from the same class. I modified several aspects of the bridge however, such as making the viewscreen a more organic shape, and adding chamfers to most straight edges, to try and bring this old bridge a bit up to spec with my newer meshes.

On the design area, I wanted to try out a more unique conn/ops style console, and go back to a darker, metallic look for this bridge. It's not entirely finished, but I'd say it's very near competition. Pending feedback, of course. :)

By the way, the area between the conn/ops consoles and the viewscreen might appear like a big waste of space, but it's actually smaller than the space between the consoles and the viewscreen on the Enterprise-D. So, it's a waste of space with precedent. :lol:

Also, I've started very preliminary work on another interior for the Buenos Aires. If you look closely at the ship render above, you'll notice a clue as to what this other interior might be. ;)

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1551952718
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1551952719
    MadKoiFishLizzy777lennier1Starscream
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Love it! Almost looks like a Yesterday's Enterprise version of the Anchorage. :sunglasses:
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    I LOVE this bridge. My only complaint would be that it would appear cramped getting in and out of the helm area, but then I remembered those seats are on a swivel. LOL

Seriously though, this looks great.
    Not sure about that Conn/Ops arrangement there. You could put an Equinox or Prometheus helm console in the recessed area. Might work better.
  • ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Also, I've started very preliminary work on another interior for the Buenos Aires. If you look closely at the ship render above, you'll notice a clue as to what this other interior might be. ;)

Shuttle bay? ;)

Starscream
    ^ The Equinox / Prometheus version wouldn't work as-is; it'd need to be modified substantially to fit the differing curvature.

I for one do like this setup; particularly the "monitor" housing with its lighting that's reminiscent of the Ent-D tactical plant-on. The only suggestions I'd make would be to perhaps widen the entire console to eliminate the closed-in feeling, and also to "shave off" some of the inner faces of the supports, so that they don't flare out quite so much towards the centreline of the bridge.
    @Starscream - Well - something like it perhaps. Doesn't have to be EXACTLY the same.
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    My only observation would be that those seats are very close together (at the helm), which could make watch changes (or worse, evacuations) challenging/dangerous.

That's just my thoughts on it- I raise it because I appreciate the level of "real-world" thought that goes into the designs you're working on. :)
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Hm... not sure about the two steps there.... This looks somehow odd....
    edited March 2019 #1874
    I wanted to avoid an Equinox/Prometheus style console because this is supposed to be a ship launched in 2360, so I wanted it to look unequivocally from that era. I tried out a version without the classic TNG console stands, and it just didn't look as good in my view.

@Samurai: Don't worry, the chair models actually swivel around properly on their stand, and I made sure there's more than enough room for the two operators to swivel at the same time and get out. :)

@Aresius: I wanted to have the conn/ops consoles sunken into a lower level as in the Prometheus, I tried some other shapes for the steps, and ended up preferring the current one. :)

I changed the colors on the carpets, handrails, and LCARS a bit, to make it all look a bit more cohesive. Here's the finished bridge:

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1552040371
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1552040374
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1552040377
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1552040381
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-buenos-aires-bridge-cutaway.jpg?1552040384
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    StarscreamLizzy777lennier1
    edited March 2019 #1875
    @Rekkert yeah I figured it'd go without saying the anachronism an Eq / Prommy helm would create in that time period :lol:

Buenos Aires looks awesome! Maybe some steps either side of the Conn/Ops station might not be amiss, but regardless she absolutely fits the time period. :+1: I like the extruded lines motif you used too; that's cropped up a few times from DS9 onwards IIRC. :)

ETA: Did you want those photo refs we discussed sending over?
    Post edited by Starscream on
    Any updates? :)
    His profile says Rekkert's not been online here since last week; have you tried emailing him?
    Progress has been rather slow, as a combination of... complications on another project and overall burnout took a toll on me last week; so I've been working on some new stuff for myself. Expect updates to be rather slow for a few more days, I just need a change of pace. I'll be expanding on what I'm working on right now in a new thread.

That being said, I did some more work on the Frontier, starting to add back the LCARS, and changing the ceiling colors to better match the rest of the bridge. The support struts are now beige, with the central area of each being the same wood as the horseshoe.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-08.jpg?1552551867
    rojrenStarscreamLizzy777
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    Absolutely understand burnout. It's partly why I jumped over and started that Babylon 5 bridge. Needed a change in pace and thinking. :)

I like the tie of the ceiling into the rest of the bridge.
    A change is as good as a rest, they say; that said I think you've more than earned a proper break. :) Certainly interested in seeing what your other project is though!
    I totally understand about the burnout... especially considering that this is what, the third Galaxy-Class bridge in a row? Take your time. The wood on the ceiling trim looks great!
    Ohh, I didn't notice that wood; great idea! Curious as to what you'll do with those two bulkheads forward of the aft corridors, too. :)
  • CaveDoctorCaveDoctor1 Posts: 5Member
    I’m wanting to make an Engineering interior, I wanted to make it a mix of unused concept art for the Kelvin timeline, TOS engineering and the particle accelerator location for Engineering.
    Okey, I went back into the Frontier, working a bit more on the aft section.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-09.jpg?1553081905
    ashleytingerLizzy777
    edited March 2019 #1885
    Looking good! I love the way those wall sconce lights look on either side of the MSD panel. :)
    Post edited by BolianAdmiral on
    Worked on the forward alcoves. I've replaced the TNG alert status indicator with one of the light columns from the Enterprise-E, however these will essentially serve the same purpose as the TNG ones, as they'll have LCARS indicators.

The doors were also modified, to make them all the same height and have the Voyager style.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-11.jpg?1553371645
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-12.jpg?1553371648
    StarscreamslybrarianLizzy777lennier1
    That looks awesome. I knew the VOY doors would work well here!
    I agree that the central rounded plates work well (always liked those bits), but must disagree re: the black areas. Those would look substantially better either with the same gunmetal as the rest of the door and inlaid lines to demark them, or with a more subtle dark hue.

Alcoves look great @Rekkert! :+1: Always wanted to modify the Ent-E columns like that -- the original lit panels were just pointless-looking lol
    Well the doors are gonna stay as they are - standard-issue VOY style doors. I may ask Rekkert to do a sample render with the "Future Imperfect" doors that I used on both the Zodiac and the Quasar, just to see how they look here on the Frontier, but I'm pretty much 100% sure these are gonna be the final doors.
    Admittedly I think they work better than the FI ones would lol
    edited March 2019 #1891
    I've reworked the floor to flow better around the horseshoe. There's now a step upwards on the command area, and the second step is now moved a lot further back and toward the sides. This makes the whole area a lot easier to walk through. I've still got to polish up the shape of the steps, but overall the floor layout's done now.

This brought with it a couple of new ideas to the table. First the chair for the tactical console now sits a lot higher on the ground, so I've added a little foot rest to it, kinda like a stool.

Second, the horseshoe got a modified front section, both to stop it from colliding into the step, and to make walking around it just a tad easier.

I've also worked on the aft walls. Per Bolian's suggestion, I've added some Defiant-style access panels on top of the walls, with some Odyssey style panels below them. These last panels have a layout based on these from the Ent-D's brig set.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-14.jpg?1553715626
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-15.jpg?1553715629
    Post edited by Rekkert on