Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3Dulimann644´s STAR TREK - Fleetyard

[Deleted User][Deleted User]190 Posts: 0
edited March 2019 in Work in Progress #1
This is one of three 3D-Projects for this year - the DAEDALUS-CLASS for my Fan-Fictions (or better: for the Covers).
I´ve made a MU-Version years ago, but it is not very detailed (because it was one of my first 3D-meshes and my 3D-skills were very poor at this time).

Inspired by two great 3D-artists and their DAEDALUS-meshes (Madkoifish and XFozzboute) I´m actual building my own version for the Primary-Universe.
The ship so far:
daedalus-009a1000kxjcg.jpg

The second ship is an own design inspired by a ship-sketch from John Eaves.
stardust-render-005a1eck1a.jpg

Last year I started with the klingon VOR´CHA-CLASS. But I guess that I finish the DAEDALUS-CLASS first.
vorchatest012a80070ku0.jpg
Post edited by Guerrilla on
Tagged:

• ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator
    Nice modelling on all three. I like the Stardust a lot. Not sure about that bridge structure though. Looks too boxy.
    [Deleted User]
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    I also like the Stardust quite a lot, reminds me of John Eaves' concepts for STO.
    [Deleted User]
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Awesome... someone finally models the Vor'Cha!
    [Deleted User]
  • Viper wrote: »
    Nice modelling on all three. I like the Stardust a lot. Not sure about that bridge structure though. Looks too boxy.

I thought also so by the first time I´ve seen the design made by John Eaves (it was not Doug Drexler). After a few more looks (maybe it looks better with windows and all structures that not at the primary-hull yet) I liked it more and more. In my FF it´s a 100% warship-class so it needs a few hard lines IMO. But that´s just my own taste. :)

• Rekkert wrote: »
    I also like the Stardust quite a lot, reminds me of John Eaves' concepts for STO.

It IS from Eaves. To think the sketch is from Drexler was a mistake by me. Thank´s.
    Viper wrote: »

That was my thought at the first time. After a few more looks at the sketch from John Eaves I liked it more and more. Maybe it matches better with all the details that not on the primary hull yet.

In my Fan-Fictions the STARDUST-CLASS is a 100% warship-class for the 10 new Tactical-Fleets founded in 2380. So it needs a few more hard lines IMO. (But this is just my personal taste.)
    Awesome... someone finally models the Vor'Cha!

Yes I have used a nice mesh from EBOLII for some renders. But it´s my goal to create all important ship-classes that I have in my Fan-Fictions (step by step) by myself.

• XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    I like the look of your Daedalus. I also honored that you mentioned me with Madkoifish and called me an artist. :D
    BolianAdmiral
  • XFozzboute wrote: »
    I like the look of your Daedalus. I also honored that you mentioned me with Madkoifish and called me an artist. :D

Thank you very much.
    BTW: You both really ARE 3D-artists IMO.
  • Some more details for the DAEDALUS-CLASS.
    daedalus-015a1000xpjzo.jpg

daedalus-015b10004zja4.jpg

• ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator
    Nice, but I see a few smoothing errors around the deflector due to the boolean.
  • Viper wrote: »
    Nice, but I see a few smoothing errors around the deflector due to the boolean.

I fix it soon ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]190 Posts: 0
    edited March 2019 #12
    All what I´ve done today is to fix the little mesh-errors, add some details for the upper primary-hull and build the docking area. :)
    And add some red lines...

daedalus-017a1000iekhc.jpg

daedalus-018b1000fej6n.jpg
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Some new details...
    daedalus-022a10007pkpg.jpg

daedalus-022c1000eykko.jpg
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    This looks very good
  • trekki wrote: »
    This looks very good

Thank you :)