Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Welcome back to Scifi-Meshes! Come say hi!

GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
So, this is the new site. What do you think?
Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
Join our fancy Discord Server!
RekkertChanur

• rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    Eh, it'll do. ;)

Seriously, it's awesome. A work to be proud of.

• scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Very, very nice. Well done, Guerrilla!
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Slick new forum. I like the user interface. I noticed my story is missing not only from the Works In Progress forum, but from the list of threads/posts I've posted in my profile. I'm sure this is accidental, as threads/posts from the old site are still being migrated over here, right?
  • count23count23361 Posts: 779Member
    New Scifi Meshes get a new handle from me :)
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    Slick new forum. I like the user interface. I noticed my story is missing not only from the Works In Progress forum, but from the list of threads/posts I've posted in my profile. I'm sure this is accidental, as threads/posts from the old site are still being migrated over here, right?

Your story's not going to Work in Progress.

My import script couldn't parse it, so I'll have to move it over to the new database manually, when I get a chance. It's not difficult, but it does take a bit of time. I'll drop it in GD, when I'm done.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Guerrilla wrote: »

Your story's not going to Work in Progress.

My import script couldn't parse it, so I'll have to move it over to the new database manually, when I get a chance. It's not difficult, but it does take a bit of time. I'll drop it in GD, when I'm done.

Thank you. I appreciate it. I agree that GD is a much better place for it.
  • gmd3dgmd3d250 DublinPosts: 132Member
    It a big change since I was last here, very nice job

Hoping to reconnect with old mates

gmd3d (formally known as Taranis)
    “You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.”
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Nice. Mobile could use a little tweaking, but still nice!
    edited February 2019 #10
    Yeah, mobile's not quite done. I'll sort it out, when I have a free weekend.

--edit: update the mobile stylesheet to slightly more recent iteration, so it's a little better. Mobile theme needs a rewrite though.
    Post edited by Guerrilla on
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    Looks pretty! I like it. Congratulations.

Amazing to realize I've been on for 13 years. And that's only counting to the DB loss!
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    One question: What does God need with a-- er, sorry. Is there any kind of subscription / notification function?
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
    edited February 2019 #13
    Tallguy wrote: »
    One question: What does God need with a-- er, sorry. Is there any kind of subscription / notification function?

Yes, there is. You can bookmark threads by hitting the little star next to the thread starter on the index. It should also show up at he very top right of a thread you're browsing. You can set up a notification (either email or popup here on the forum) for bookmarked threads in your Profile ->Edit Profile -> Notification Preferences.

This little guy:
    wq7cu52kfzew.jpg

• LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Love the new site, great job. I can't wait for some meshes to be released. I missed that. I have a lot of the old models that were on the old download section.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    I'm loving the new forum, however I found the edit button can be a bit of a pain to locate, given that it appears only when hovering over the post, and it's dark over a dark background. Could it be changed somehow?

Also, I'm really curious, what's the number right next to the username on posts supposed to be?
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    edited February 2019 #16
    Rekkert wrote: »
    I'm loving the new forum, however I found the edit button can be a bit of a pain to locate, given that it appears only when hovering over the post, and it's dark over a dark background. Could it be changed somehow?
    That's a good idea. I'll look into it.
    Also, I'm really curious, what's the number right next to the username on posts supposed to be?

It's your ”score”. Basically, a kind of reputation system for some fun and gamification. You can think of it as SFM experience points, or just disregard it. :)
  • ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator
    Hello folks :tongue:
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    Hey nice to be back! Glad you got it up and running and good to see some of the old posters who inspired me to get into 3D over 10 years ago coming back!
  • Knight26Knight26191 Posts: 837Member
    I'm liking it and hope that it breaths new life back into the site.
  • FlakmonkeyFlakmonkey68 Posts: 97Member
    Hey errbody :D

Flak, (aka Troop from way long time ago haha)
  • LentowskyLentowsky172 Posts: 38Member
    Finally found this site again. Took me a couple days to remember my password. Can't believe it's been 7 years since i was last here.

Site looks great. Very impressive.
  • CoolhandCoolhand283 Mountain LairPosts: 1,294Member
    Glad you guys kicked the slackers out of the staff when you moved the site;)

It looks great and must have been a lot of hardwork, is Aceman still in charge of the server?

Have only visited the site a handful of times in the last decade but its always nice to see the familiar names posting here, hello to everyone!11111one1!
    Hey Steve!
    Coolhand wrote: »
    Glad you guys kicked the slackers out of the staff when you moved the site;)
    Well, we gave the whole thing a good shake and a lot of stuff came loose. We'll figure out the staff, once we know who's around.
    It looks great and must have been a lot of hardwork, is Aceman still in charge of the server?
    No, I set up a new server for us. We're now in a datacenter somewhere around Amsterdam.
  • CoolhandCoolhand283 Mountain LairPosts: 1,294Member
    I'm happy enough on the outside anyway, the site had way too many registered staff and I was definitely one of the too many! I know Ace wanted do other things with his life & I'm happy the place has a new home.
  • ChanurChanur191 53.33° N / 10.00° EPosts: 305Member
    Great! The new site looks really cool!
  • Mangy_DogMangy_Dog61 Posts: 13Member
    oooohhh pretty, Hopefully this will inject some new life :D I really miss this old site...
  • dlfurmandlfurman171 Posts: 7Member
    I missed this place. Not a modeller, but I loved the stuff I saw being made.
    You folks are very talented (and I hate you all!) ;P
  • TinukedayaTinukedaya182 Posts: 271Member
    OMG really! Has it been so long already???

Hi everyone.

Nice work Guerrilla. Like the style. Makes me want to jump into some 3D again and dust off my all so rusty "skills"..
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
    Cruiser - SFS Suricata --- Freighter - SFS "Crate"
  • SphynxSphynx195 Posts: 461Member
    Hi All - Yep, I'm back.

I think my last visit was back in 2013/4, but life has been a minefield for a while - don't think that I've done any CG properly for at least 5 years other than some personal architectural stuff. I'm barely able to keep my head above water right now (time wise) as I've been teaching HE IT, Film and TV, Cinematography, Higher Math etc. all simultaneously. With resurrecting my software development company in three different countries as well, I need to get back into it as soon as I can.

Might be the only way to keep sane!
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Congratulations. Nice to see the place back up!
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    Guerilla, you sneaky SOB... ;-) I got the mail, decided this was as good a time as any to come back, and... well, here I am ^_^

I think that the reason I didn't come back a while ago was because there was a big crash or hack or whatever? After the second or third time I just stopped visiting. But hey, I'm back!