Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DConstitution Class Refit

• ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator
    So, this is just an initial tests for a raw metal, before the ship is painted. I want, at some point, to do a construction scene for this ship, similar to what was done in the construction sequence in Star Trek Beyond. I am not planning on doing an animation because I just won't be able to render that, but a few still shots should be doable. Anyway, this is just a quick test with some drydock lighting and the new material.

metal.jpg
    Lizzy777lennier1ashleytingerrojrenGuerrillaRekkertkomaroStarscreamMadKoiFish
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    Wow. This is a thing of beauty.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Nice. The warm glow of the lighting really makes the realistic metallic look of the hull stand out.
    Glad you guys approve :) Work goes on for now with the regular material. Windows on the saucer rim are done:
    constitution116.jpg
    constitution115.jpg
    ashleytingerLizzy777
    More:
    constitution117.jpg
    constitution118.jpg
    Lizzy777ashleytinger
    Turns out the other side of the engineering hull has a slightly different window configuration:
    constitution120.jpg

Also finished the pylons:
    constitution121.jpg
    constitution122.jpg

Very little left to do. The only major area that still needs work is the Shuttle Bay. All the rest are minor details. Oh, it also needs Phasers ;)
    Lizzy777Rekkert
  • MartocticvsMartocticvs444 Posts: 524Member
    Lovely work all-round!
  • Mangy_DogMangy_Dog61 Posts: 13Member
    so smoooooooooth :)
    Nutsy wrote: »
    so smoooooooooth :)

Nutsy! Welcome back :)

Did the windows at the bottom of the saucer:
    constitution127.jpg
    Lizzy777ashleytingerRekkertStarriggerlennier1
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    Watching this build reminds me why this is my favorite version of this ship. Such great lines.
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Your skills improved a lot along the years!! Excellent work!
  • NevetsNevets201 EarthPosts: 134Member
    edited March 2019 #43
    A beautiful start.

Will you be doing the aztec panels?
    Try leaving them off or do them very, very subtle.

Some people go way over the top with them.
    Post edited by Nevets on
  • DaringerDaringer331 Posts: 5Member
    Now THAT is a thing of beauty
    I'm almost done with the modeling part. At least all the major components. Tomorrow I should be able to knockout the greebles on the shuttle bay and do a few small details that I left unattended. After that, I'll take a couple of days to breathe before I start UV mapping, although a few pieces are already done. While I'm texturing her, I'll work on a few other things I've been itching to do, but didn't want to start before finishing this one for fear of losing focus.

This project is far from over though. I still have structural frames and interiors as well as the 1701-A variation plus my own refit version. Anyway, here are a couple images of where I'm at:
    constitution135.jpg
    constitution140.jpg
    Watching this build reminds me why this is my favorite version of this ship. Such great lines.
    Yes, the Refit has always been my favorite as well. Just so well designed.
    Starship wrote: »
    Your skills improved a lot along the years!! Excellent work!
    Thanks man. I appreciate that. I've been away, but I never stopped doing CG. So I've been practing ;)
    Nevets wrote: »
    A beautiful start.

Will you be doing the aztec panels?
    Try leaving them off or do them very, very subtle.

Some people go way over the top with them.

Yeah, I'll do the aztec panels. No reason not to. I already did a few tests, but once I'm at the actual texturing stage I'll post here what I've been doing so you guys can give your input :)
    Lizzy777rojrenashleytingerRekkertlennier1
  • John MarchantJohn Marchant336 Posts: 96Member
    Really coming on a treat, cant wait to see all the texturing you are going to do on her. The Best Enterprise just got better.
    Well, after agonizing after the greebles on the shuttle bay for a few days, I finally reached a compromise I liked. I could've just done what the studio model has, but it wasn't compatible with the rest of the model or what I want to achieve at any rate. So I mixed the general idea with my own view. From far, doesn't really matter.

constitution146.jpg
    constitution147.jpg

This is the exterior done finally. Hold on to your seats though, still a lot to go ;) UV mapping is next.
    Lizzy777Rekkertrojrenashleytinger
    I finished UV mapping the bridge, thought you guys might like seeing this:
    bridge.jpg
    Lizzy777lennier1
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    Now I'm imagining the Enterprise dressed up like a Caterpillar industrial vehicle. A huge CAT logo where the fleet insignia usually goes.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
    Heh, I'm tempted to do the entire ship like this, just for fun 😋
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    I didn't know Caterpillar was thinking of getting into starship manufacture :lol:
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    CATerprise? :tongue:

Looking amazing Viper!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Starscream wrote: »
    I didn't know Caterpillar was thinking of getting into starship manufacture :lol:
    Rekkert wrote: »
    CATerprise? :tongue:

Looking amazing Viper!

You are giving me ideas that I should not be entertaining :tongue:

Here's another:
    impulse_engines.jpg
    Lizzy777lennier1
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    This reminded me of a drawing I did ages ago, Enterprise as Bumblebee.

d13gya8-b18c2a31-e31b-42ea-8361-510b0d92bb13.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzYzMjgwNTdkLWVjMGMtNGNkYS1iZDc3LWFjMTRjNTIzM2Q5OFwvZDEzZ3lhOC1iMThjMmEzMS1lMzFiLTQyZWEtODM2MS01MTBiMGQ5MmJiMTMuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.haQG59Q3PndShh44VmpgCP0VizWDMqFI4XyJnJ_VZYM
    Lizzy777
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    This reminded me of a drawing I did ages ago, Enterprise as Bumblebee.

There's a Star Trek vs Transformers comic out there. Though the Enterprise doesn't gain sentience and turn into a giant robot. Still thinking on it, a 1,000 foot long giant robot wouldn't be the largest Transformer out there.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
    @BlueNeumann nice drawing dude :) I'll post a render with a similar color scheme later ;)

For now though, back to business. I finished the UVs, so I can started texturing. I already had some stuff worked from before as just modeling all the time gets old. So you can see some aztec in the renders below, but they still need values tweaked to look right. What I was working on today was a way to output the registry automatically without having to do any manual labor. After an hour of tweaking in substance designer, I managed to do it. I can now do any registry I want in 10 seconds. Couple of examples:
    constitution149.jpg
    constitution150.jpg

I might post the graph I created later, once I tweak it a bit more :)
    Lizzy777ashleytingerlennier1
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Great update! Is it just me, or are the phaser turrets a bit on the big side? They seem to be a lot smaller on the model: 1, 2, 3.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Great update! Is it just me, or are the phaser turrets a bit on the big side? They seem to be a lot smaller on the model: 1, 2, 3.

Yes, now that you mention it, they are a bit big. I made them smaller though I think I hadn't when I rendered the images below :)

Anyway, substance files for the bridge and torpedo launcher are done. Will probably work on the bottom saucer next. Ignore the red circles. Just placeholder.

constitution153.jpg
    constitution154.jpg
    RekkertLizzy777ashleytinger
    A lot of tweaking on the textured parts above. I managed to make the look work consistently over different lighting conditions, which was bugging me. I'll work on another piece next :)

constitution157.jpg
    constitution156.jpg
    constitution158.jpg
    ashleytingerLizzy777rojren
    Started on the neck:
    constitution167.jpg

And a full body shot, because why not :tongue:
    constitution165.jpg
    Lizzy777ashleytinger
  • NevetsNevets201 EarthPosts: 134Member
    STUNNING...

Perhaps a yellow version could a testbed vessel.
    Viper