Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Model making part 1

Andrew MarchAndrew March0 Posts: 0Member
edited March 2007 in Tutorials #1
Removed from forums
Post edited by Andrew March on

• JeffrySGJeffrySG321 Posts: 477Member
    Thanks for starting this Andrew. I'll be following all the parts to this 'model making' tutorial series! I'm looking forward to Part 2 when you get the time.

Cheers!
    Jeff
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    Cool- I'm looking forward to the painting and decaling section- that was always the bit that gave me the most trouble. :)

Nice idea Andrew. :)
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
  • BrickheadBrickhead176 Posts: 0Member
    Great thread idea, thanks for sharing with us, should be very enjoyable.
  • efritschefritsch0 Posts: 0Member
    ALways loved the Warthog. That massive GAU-8 on the nose is awsome. Twice as big as a VW bug and it generates thrust through gas discharge to equal half the aircrafts thrust.

Look forward to seeing this thread.
  • Andrew MarchAndrew March0 Posts: 0Member
    Removed
  • LarsenLarsen171 Posts: 0Member
    UHhh UHHH ... *claps hands togehter like giddy little schoolboy* yeah nice choice of craft there mate:thumb:

Never knew your a real modelbuilde too mate, sweet!

Which reminds me, I have a Academy Aircraft model somewhere in the addict of that very same plane, primed and ready for paint:D along with like 40 other unfinished models:(

Man I miss my airbrush right now:(
  • Forcemaster2000Forcemaster2000331 Posts: 0Member
    Love the A10 Thunderbolt! Nothing like an aircraft with a 30mm Gattling gun that can rip a tank in half!
  • tetsujintetsujin0 Posts: 0Member
    So, we have our kit, nice and shiny ;) and we have a trailer full of reference material, what we need now is paint, brushes and cement. Well luckily for paint we really only have two choices, enamel or acrylic.

How do you feel about lacquers? They tend to be fairly popular with mecha modelers - probably because of the high degree of exposure the Mr. Color line gets in Japanese hobby magazines and the durability of the paints which is good for posable models.

The reason I ask is because when I started out in the hobby I used enamels, but then I switched to mainly using Gunze lacquers and Tamiya acrylics - so I don't have a good idea anymore of what working with enamels is like, comparatively speaking.
  • Andrew MarchAndrew March0 Posts: 0Member
    tetsujin wrote: »
    How do you feel about lacquers?
    REMOVED
    I'll have to dig them up at some point but I know I have a few pictures of a real A10 from a very cool air show up in Syracuse about 9 or 10 years ago. The Air reserve there used to fly A10s, then they switched to F16s (the boys from syracuse). If I can find the pictures I'll try to scan and post a few of them just for everyone to see here....
  • backsteptbackstept2018 Posts: 919Member
    ^Yep, the 174th flies 16s now :D
    they fly directly over the building where I work since we're directly in line with the runway :D
    ^Not sure if it's still there or not, but there was a MediaPlay that was right in the path of one of the runways... very cool to watch them come in for a landing...
    They used to fly over my old apt. in Liverpool too. :)