Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLeviathan Class Carrier for Main SGC Thread

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    kinda like and O'neill calss warship and the prommie!
  • NickatNiteNickatNite0 Posts: 0Member
    Love the idea and the model, very good work. Does Earth have enough material to even build it? Or does the SGC have to mine astroids to build her?
    only problem i see with the model is the size of the carriers guns compared to the deadalus class ships. They would each be the size of an office building. But I dont see that as a problem:) BTW AWSOME panneling!
  • elitewolverineelitewolverine171 Posts: 0Member
    NickatNite wrote: »
    Love the idea and the model, very good work. Does Earth have enough material to even build it? Or does the SGC have to mine astroids to build her?
    only problem i see with the model is the size of the carriers guns compared to the deadalus class ships. They would each be the size of an office building. But I dont see that as a problem:) BTW AWSOME panneling!

yea true i was thinking that, but any guns i put on this thing make them look soooo small lol...but i guess we can use the arguement that instead of using high high tech to make things small and powerfull we can use somewhat normal tech so the energy guns adorning the ship has to be bigger by design...;)

but i am adding flack guns to the side to battle against enemy fighters...they look kewl to me and will use a conventional type of delivery system and good ole flack system of uranium tipped projectiles...hehe

everything is so big cause of the size of the ship, im going to have to use the shoot and spray idea of a cluster weapon so that we can use conventional weapons and not up the cost on this thing...

yea a combination of titanium and steal could make the inside structure and the outside could be the trinium compound we use to make ships...

and for the other yes the frigate would be a O'niel type of ship, big guns not alot of high tech gyzmo, just something that goes in and gets the job done...maybe something of a submarine vessel, that uses tons of old tech so not to be sabatoged by high end tech ie battlestar galatica idea...
    Here is the Tauri Symbol to adorn the shield pylon on the side along with its plating...

and another of the flack cannons 2 sticking out and one inside its main part...might even create a simple 5sec animation to show how the flack cannon comes out..who knows gotta finish it first lol...

the flack cannons have 8 firing mechanisms in each controll Pod, each one firing a shell that well flacks and spreads like a shotgun...the nice thing about this one is, it resembles is earths based rifle counter part...where a user controlls the timing of the flack burst, it was designed to shoot a grenade like projectile to hit bad guys hiding around a corner...With this one, a computer targets a ship guesses its targeting distance and area and sets the bullet to charge and set off at a given distance...This of course takes abit of time so, between firing it takes about 2secs or so to set and fire...these are just three when im done i think there is going to be 12 on each side of the bow..so 96 shotgun type flacks a side each firing round ;)
    very cool looking flak cannons! ther huge too! they could probably take out a hatak in 4 shots! lol
    Dallidas wrote: »
    very cool looking flak cannons! ther huge too! they could probably take out a hatak in 4 shots! lol

yea they are big, hehe but so are land based anti-aircraft flacks hehe..

well was playing around with some scene renders lighting settings etc etc wont bore ya guys with all i did...but i just couldnt help posting this scene...wish i could do some really kewl engine glows in blender for a scene like this...searching around the net and finding what i can about it...

anyways enjoy, CC always welcome so feel free to blow up the thread with i hate it or i love it where is the frigate and cargo ships etc etc(this one is already in the works and reminds me of a chinook helicopter or the hercules cant remember the name for :D)
    hmm...either A)turn off AO or B) lower the energy, there isnt that much ambient light in space. Add a key light (across from camera usually). Turn on the specularity and it will be pretty good.
    Dallidas wrote: »
    hmm...either A)turn off AO or B) lower the energy, there isnt that much ambient light in space. Add a key light (across from camera usually). Turn on the specularity and it will be pretty good.

very true, i added all that light though to show the details of all the ships the best i could...should have put a star in the back ground to make up for the light ;)

more than likely ill be rendering in yafray when i am done with the scene and models...for now they just fun clay pieces :D
    :devil: now that Power lol
    yes, AO clay renders are best for showing details, but i thought it was supposed to be a scene not a WIP shot.

my bad
  • *makes ennoying excited sounds*
    sorry for the slow recent posts from me but as much as i want to blend for hours a day, family and work do get in the way

so without further ado here is a small update for the bridge area, the top part of the square unpaneled block is the bridge, and the height is about 10m for that top as it also houses the windows for the bridge...

then some widgeting and what not on the back side area of it, some details dont know what exactly they are but meh they looked kewl so i put them on, and of course more paneling work
    Crazy detail elite :thumb: especially the crazy paneling, how long did all that take to make?

(BTW: I'd love to see this baby against my Illustrious. Would certainly be an intersting fight. :devil: :p)
    Choo1701 wrote: »
    Crazy detail elite :thumb: especially the crazy paneling, how long did all that take to make?

(BTW: I'd love to see this baby against my Illustrious. Would certainly be an intersting fight. :devil: :p)

Thanks alot, like to hear that people actually follow this thread lol, good encouragement to keep on blending this beast especially with details because it is so so large compared to other sg1 ships...

the paneling is to me the easiest easiest part of modeling, hardest part to me is adding details that make it look believable like exhaust vents or just random things here and there...

so far how long? well i dont know, i started this early in the month, then a system crash left me three weeks behind my work, at which point i changed major parts of the ship...I am currently modeling about 2hrs a day or so, most of the time though i spend rendering at 10mins a render, or i spend surfing the web trying to get ideas for details and greebles from real life naval ships and apply them to space or just search for reference pics about starships...

this current update happended in one day...and when i model like in the zone type of thing, stuff like what you see, is all done within a hour, like i added that exhaust stuff ect, minutes before i took a shower, i started the shower and bam it just hit me in the head and in like 10mins while the shower was running i modeled it, then hit the render button and jumped in, came out to this and well had to post it lol...
    Well another render before i head off to bed, gotta be at work in a few hours so i gotta get some kind of sleep lol (like any modler knows what that is)

enjoy, im hoping this upper fun details will help when i get to the dreaded engine housings and area for detailing...
    here is another update enjoy, me thinks i might move to the engine sector next but never the less, the endless widgeting and greebling continues...
    And another update working on the back of the bridge..

i so want to call into work and just work on the model but oh well gotta pay those bills somehow...

these renders are taking that much longer, lol now up to 20mins
    lol, and i get annoyed when my renders take 9 minutes :p

Great work, especially the crazy detailing and paneling :)

(BTW: got a shot of a 6ft person compared to the ship, just to see how big it is ;) )
    Choo1701 wrote: »
    lol, and i get annoyed when my renders take 9 minutes :p

Great work, especially the crazy detailing and paneling :)

(BTW: got a shot of a 6ft person compared to the ship, just to see how big it is ;) )

i guess for reference as i dont have access to my pc for now to do a render....very top part or rectangle that has a bunch of small panels, is the the same height as the daedalus bridge and twice as area big in terms of length and width...so that is about 10ft tall give or take a few ft...

once i gain access to my pc, i will post some data in terms of length height etc....

but cc always welcome from everybody as i try to add crazy detail to the huge ship (2000m probably long)
  • pablo_nemesispablo_nemesis0 Posts: 0Member
    Aww Could have become an awesome SW ship ^^ (sw fan sry XD) great modeling also.
    Aww Could have become an awesome SW ship ^^ (sw fan sry XD) great modeling also.

shhhh lol about 3days ago after i was greebling, i thought of a carrier idea for starwars rebels, and have a ton of xwing fighters etc etc...and it was based off the same frame as what i have now, with a few modifications to make it fit with the starwars universe, its all on paper right now, for i am focusing my effort on this thing...

thanks for the comment as well :)

and yes tons of my ideas for detailing this ship are starwars related, i find myself looking at those models more than anything else, for well they have the most greeble detail, for most tauri ships are just kinda detailed in the paneling and engine area abit...but compared to a studio starwars model they dont hold a candel to them in my mind...so thats where i look hehe
    well here is another update....been working extremely long days but im still working on her when i can...

Edit: this pic didnt load with the last render...this is a ultra close up of part of the side i am working on...
    mmmmm....greebles
  • in the second pic, that dome structure that is comeing out of the hull, would that be an observation deck/officers mess hall? :p
  • Darth MaliceDarth Malice0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks great EW, keep it up...:thumb:
    in the second pic, that dome structure that is comeing out of the hull, would that be an observation deck/officers mess hall? :p

wasthinking about that its a few stories tall so maybe a combination of such things :D well a new update will come later tonight
    small update before work...a render that took a hour or actually 57mins to do, of course i did to it with highest AO settings and OSA of 16 but i think it was worth it....did it when i went to bed
    Ok well before i post another update here in a few...time to get my offical dimensions if the math is right...this thing is HUGE, i just didnt know how HUGE, my original estimate of 250 Fighters might have been a small estimate or conservative...and as such i might even need to redesign the engines to use 4 similar size engines instead of two huge ones with 6 thrust type engines...

read for its Size?

902m Height
    5,714m Long
    2,824m Wide
  • Thor AegirThor Aegir0 Posts: 0Member
    Holy bejehobus.

Awesome, keep up the good work.
    Well im still greebling so that update wont come for another few before i go to bed....but while surfing the web for my next pc purchase, i found that doing a HUGE HighRes render would be fun for anyone interested

this also shows the size of the ship (over 5000m LONG!) as the part i am greebling on in the other pictures is BARELY Visible ARGGHHHH, but fly-by's will be great right? hehehe

enjoy, also i see a problem with the missle sylos rendering right, but oh well, not about to re-render a 50min render for the sake of missle sylos ;)

back to my greebling hole...oh yea and enjoy