Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

odd render artifacts

backsteptbackstept2018 Posts: 919Member
can't explain this . . . it's a cube that's been extruded several times, so I know there are no overlapping verts, or wonky booleans, but I'm getting these wierd wierdnesses

how do I . . .
MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP!:confused:

[edit]oh . . . lights are 1 IBL and 1 infinite light
(in fact it's the same light setup I used for my recent Battlegroup pics . . .),actually it happens in every default light setup . . .
shadows are on, render is set at high, adaptive AA, no raytracing or anything . . .

[edit 2] forgot to mention I'm using truespace 5 :shiner:
Post edited by backstept on

• NamelezzNamelezz0 Posts: 0Member
    While I haven't used truespace, I know in max that when i get things like that I have overlapping polys. Try hiding a poly and see if there is one under it. Or perhaps welding the verts might make a difference. I know that I have had models that I was sure had no overlapping verts, but when I selected the area I ended up with like six of them. As soon as I would weld them together, poof, the artifacts dissappeared.
  • mcmillermcmiller331 Posts: 0Member
    ^yep, I get artifacts with that in TS with multiple polys sometimes (as well as booleaning a poly to death). It's annoying as heck.

A wireframe or two, preferably close-up, would probably help determine if that's the case.
  • BerticusBerticus171 Posts: 63Member
    Looks like you have overlapping face syndrome!

Wire would help... :grin:
    -albert