Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe JR-Prise, Constitution Class Redesign

JRXTINJRXTIN161 Posts: 77Member
.Blend file available on my Deviant Art account - link, as well as more images and info.
112644.jpg
112645.jpg
112646.jpg
Tagged:

• trekkitrekki947 Posts: 1,400Member
    Very nice, thank you for sharing !:thumb:
    I have converted to c4d, OK ?
    112649.jpg
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Nice work!
  • JRXTINJRXTIN161 Posts: 77Member
    Absolutely, how did the conversion go? It looks like a few things are different, but maybe you wanted to change them.
    Thanks, it may be the most popular thing I've ever done, but I did a 'Thopter from Dune that made its way around the internet. I need to do an image search and see how far the Enterprise has gone.
    What things are different, please describe briefly.
    For me, only the text on the Hull does not shine.
  • bosunbosun62 Posts: 0Member
    Anybody else think this would look great next to a Metaluna class?
  • kuckuk333kuckuk333178 Posts: 209Member
    Nice design. Much better than the hated JJ-prise. But the dimensions you listed above cannot be correct. According to a length of 442m the width is 185m according to the given schematics and not just 93 meters. The ships given hight cannot be correct as well. Taking into consideration that the average deck hight on Federation ships is 3,5m per deck and the ships number of 25 decks makes a hight of 87,5m. Now taking the given scematics into consideration the hight of that ship is 99m.
    Otherwise good work.
  • DarkoneDarkone177 Posts: 258Member
    The JJ prize was way bigger and the 1701-a was over a hundred meters longer then the 1st ship!
    trekki wrote: »
    What things are different, please describe briefly.
    For me, only the text on the Hull does not shine.

The bridge sensor dome is more yellow/green, the light bar on the bridge is blue instead of yellowish/white - incidentally, that light bar is derived from the self-illumination lights on the Disco-Prise, but I couldn't get it to work well in Blender. So for my version it became an extra sensor strip, like the glowing edge around the saucer. I switched all the registry and pennant stuff to being internally lit like signs are in real life, because That's ancient technology. Would they really shine a light on a painted logo in the future? doesn't make sense to me.

It looks like the textures are missing from the deflector dish. There's some blue from the warp core leaking out in front of the flux tuner thing. I don't know how That's happening. The bussard scoops look a little puffed out but maybe it is the shader fooling me.

I'm not going to have a cow if you're making your own changes. Probably everyone will.
    bosun wrote: »
    Anybody else think this would look great next to a Metaluna class?

Huh, just when I thought I'd seen all the fan Connie's. He did a lot of things similarly.
    kuckuk333 wrote: »
    Nice design. Much better than the hated JJ-prise. But the dimensions you listed above cannot be correct. According to a length of 442m the width is 185m according to the given schematics and not just 93 meters. The ships given hight cannot be correct as well. Taking into consideration that the average deck hight on Federation ships is 3,5m per deck and the ships number of 25 decks makes a hight of 87,5m. Now taking the given scematics into consideration the hight of that ship is 99m.
    Otherwise good work.

Good catch. I see where I made my mistake - I alternated between reading the scale and the dimensions in Blender. The dimensions should be 186m wide, 443m long, and 99.4m tall. I put my thoughts on deck heights in the "Scaling the JR-Prise" piece - https://www.deviantart.com/jrxtin/art/Scaling-the-JR-Prise-767477112
    Thanks, I'll take a look.
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    I really like this design
  • kuckuk333kuckuk333178 Posts: 209Member
    Darkone wrote: »
    The JJ prize was way bigger and the 1701-a was over a hundred meters longer then the 1st ship!

The true size of the jj-prise is more likely between 306 and 366 m. 725m is just ridiculous. See here: http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/new_enterprise_comment.htm
    SATR wrote: »
    I really like this design

I'm beginning to wonder what it takes to get into the SOTL calendar, if it is possible at all to do so with a fan Connie.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    I love this design.
    publiusr wrote: »
    I love this design.

Share it with everyone . . .
  • Zhor2395Zhor2395344 MN, USAPosts: 92Member
    Welll now...what fine ship
    "It's just like bumper cars...where everyone dies." ~Penny Robinson
    jr_prise_15_by_jrxtin_dct32n3-fullview.jpg

As seen on TrekYards, one of the highpoints of my life -

[video]
  • bosunbosun62 Posts: 0Member
    Ooh, gorgeous!
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    I agree, she looks fantastic!
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Hey Eaglemoss!!
    They could do a whole line of fan Connies by now, and you know what I'd bet they'd sell as well as most of the non-hero ships. No way the JR-Prise doesn't outsell Neelix's ship, or Tom Paris's AI shuttle.