Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNew Dreadnought Design

SeanPSeanP218 Posts: 256Member
I am designing and building a new ship that plays a big role in my second book.
I was told that my first design of this ship looked a little too Star Destroyerish so I redesigned it.
Just like with my Battle Carrier design from my first book this Dreadnought looks a lot like it's ocean going relative.
I'm currently finalizing the main hull and block designing the upper superstructure.
Once I get the superstructure finished I will add more big gun turrets all over it as well as a bunch of smaller ones.
This thing is literally going to be a floating weapons platform.
My Battle Carrier is big at 8127 feet long by 3440 feet wide by 1560 feet high, this Dreadnought is 1 1/2 times that.

new dreadnought 01.jpg

new dreadnought 02.jpg

new dreadnought 03.jpg

new dreadnought 04.jpg
112632.jpg
112633.jpg
112634.jpg
112635.jpg
Tagged:

• TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Oh, that's a cool design!
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Reminds me to the Executor from Star Wars a great deal. Though it's far taller, but the general arrow-shape is still a strong indication....
  • Knight26Knight26192 Posts: 838Member
    While it is a definite improvement over the last rendition, from what I remember of it, the bridge still gives it too much of an ISD/SSD vibe, especially with the triangular hull. As for the overall design, it isn't bad, but why cluster your big guns so much? One well placed torpedo or beam shot, and blamo!!! You would be better off to disperse the big guns around with defensive emplacements clustered nearby and more defense around the vulnerable areas, like your bridge tower and exposed reactor domes. Also, I get that you are going for a nautical vibe, but why? Does this ship need to land in water on a planet, or will it spend its whole life in space? If the later then ditch the nautical vibe, if the former, keep the boat hull, but make sure to add some weapon's blisters down there that conceal/protect your ordnance when making atmo drop.