Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DScribble's Scribbles

A concept I came up with about 30 years ago:

Phoenix_011_Wire.jpg

Phoenix_010_Wire.jpg

This was today's work. I want to finish this ship by the end of the month for a challenge on another forum.
Tagged:

• MalScribbleMalScribble0 Posts: 0Member
    Way past my bedtime.

The flat area is a placeholder and will be modeled permanently tomorrow. This is where two shuttle bays will be. The doors will be on the bottom of the hull.

Phoenix_023_Wire.jpg
    Another progress shot:

Phoenix_033_Wire.jpg

Everything you see here but the lower saucer extension and the struts are completely rebuilt.
    After having a hell of a time deciding how to style the sensor pod I got a suggestion and a sketch from someone. I now have a plan. This is just the beginning.

Phoenix_038_Wire.jpg
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    I can't wait to see what you do with it! this looks great so far!
  • ChanurChanur191 53.33° N / 10.00° EPosts: 305Member
    scifieric wrote: »
    I can't wait to see what you do with it! this looks great so far!

Same here!
    Thank you!
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Looks like a very nice plan! (also, I love the way you're watermarking your renders)
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Looks like a very nice plan! (also, I love the way you're watermarking your renders)

Thanks!

I tend to go a little more toward the "artistic" or cinematic than many people are used to and prefer (hence entering a "wireframe" render as my submission in the TrekBBS contest...the above image).

Funny story: when I was learning Illustrator in animation school we had an assignment to draw six or eight images based on six or eight single words. When my instructor saw what I'd done, he immediately asked if I came from the film biz. Well, sort of...yes, thanks for noticing! :D

And since I have no new work to show, I'll go ahead and post images of what this is based on...

my first kitbashes, and the only two models I've ever cared enough about to put decals on them:

Phoenix_Kitbash.jpg

I was about 13-14 at the time.

And a sketch I did in about 10th/11th grade in Sci-Fi Literature class (there were many aspects of my high school that I hated, and some that I absolutely loved!) further developing this design, including the addition of a sensor bar (now a pod):

20180607_144257.jpg
    112626.jpg
    112627.jpg