Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBattleship Concept, with a Babylon 5 look...

Hey everyone, I am new here and I thought I would start posting some of my stuff.

Right now I am working on a Battleship, made for brute force, but it is slow. What do you guys think so far?.
112524.jpg
112525.jpg
Tagged:

• SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Hi, welcome to the forum!

Nice start on the model. First thing I thought wasn't B5, though. It looks more like a Star Destroyer and a Battlestar had a baby. :D
  • The_meshmasterThe_meshmaster1 Posts: 0Member
    Lol....oh ya...never thought of that...
    Schimpfy wrote: »
    Hi, welcome to the forum!

Nice start on the model. First thing I thought wasn't B5, though. It looks more like a Star Destroyer and a Battlestar had a baby. :D
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Are you still working in Blender or have you acquired Max yet?
  • DarkoneDarkone177 Posts: 258Member
    Where is it???
    Schimpfy fess up you took it! What a friend. well anyway looking forward to seeing your fine design! LOL
    Their it is WOW what a GREAT DESIGN!:thumb:
    Want ot see more of this ship,WONDERFUL work!:p
    Nay, the trial version expired...but my friend's old computer had an old version of it that he was getting rid of, so he gave the computer to me. I really wanted a new version, but oh well...Il take what I can.
    Schimpfy wrote: »
    Are you still working in Blender or have you acquired Max yet?
    OK, this is the completed (Un-Texture) version, the nest pic will be the textured with BG version.

I gave this guy 12 Ion Meg Turrets, 18 Point Defence laser Platforms, 7 Long Range Missle Launchers and 3, (two fore/1 aft) Ion Meg cannons.

Lastly, equipt with a large Fighter Squadron for support.

Ill have a full Spec sheet made out later.

Darkone wrote: »
    Their it is WOW what a GREAT DESIGN!:thumb:
    Want ot see more of this ship,WONDERFUL work!:p
    112529.jpg112530.jpg112531.jpg112532.jpg112533.jpg
    Dude, what you trying to prove it can destroy a planet?
    Such Violent intent! I say you name this bad boy "KICK THEM WHEN THEIR DOW"!
    I bet no one will mess with a ship with that name and we can save a few biospheres?:lol: LOL
  • Darkone wrote: »
    Dude, what you trying to prove it can destroy a planet?
    Such Violent intent! I say you name this bad boy "KICK THEM WHEN THEIR DOW"!
    I bet no one will mess with a ship with that name and we can save a few biospheres?:lol: LOL

LOL....damn good idea for a name...haha....I wanted this ship to be powerful...hehe
  • KilminsterKilminster0 Posts: 0Member
    I like the overall look pretty much.
    My only issue is with the bases for the big gun turrets. Since these have the look of old type battleship turrets, I would go with bases that look more like the barbettes on an old ship.
    With them tapering like that the connection looks like a weak point and while you probably won't use projectile weapons in space it still reminds me of a bullet trap on some old tank-turrets.
    All a matter of taste of course but if you want to keep them tapered I would at least increase the top diameter so that the turret protrudes less than it does now.
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    I like the design.
    Dude I want 2 to keep the dogs of my lawn, and of course take out a pidgin or 2 or 10 (dirty birds) and of course the insane neighbor, who pees on the the front lawn with that DAMN DOG of his!:flippy: Oh sorry for rant, however when I see this ship of your the fantasy's come easy!:p
    Anyway got to go now before that damn dog comes around again!:argh:

As I said PARK this ship over our city with a sign USE THE TOILET, you crazy bastard!:mad:
    God I love your ship!:thumb::thumb::thumb:
    Well done!
  • Darkone wrote: »
    Dude I want 2 to keep the dogs of my lawn, and of course take out a pidgin or 2 or 10 (dirty birds) and of course the insane neighbor, who pees on the the front lawn with that DAMN DOG of his!:flippy: Oh sorry for rant, however when I see this ship of your the fantasy's come easy!:p
    Anyway got to go now before that damn dog comes around again!:argh:

As I said PARK this ship over our city with a sign USE THE TOILET, you crazy bastard!:mad:
    God I love your ship!:thumb::thumb::thumb:
    Well done!

HAhaha....thank bro, same here...love for this ship to be park right above me.
    You know, I might be posting this Mesh on Turbosquid for sale,...But...if you like, I can sell it to you once it's fully done and textured. Let me know if you like that ok, bro...
  • Tanker5Tanker52 Posts: 3Member
    The bases of the guns look too tall and tapered especially for big guns. I would lower them down and widen the bases.

Also, the body/wings of the model appear flat. It looks like its been created with a polygon tool, and not much else was done. I see the insets in the wings with all of the grebbles, but that's it. It should have more elevation differences, and insets and bevels to give it more variation.

Its not a bad design, or incredibly fantastic. It looks "alright". I would probably consider it for my game if it was sold. I think the hanger module in front of it is holding it back from looking as aggressive as it can be. If you want it to be a full on battleship bruiser, I would do something else with the front, like give it a long bow shape and add more turrets to that section.

I'm also designing a spaceship, and looking for some feedback too : )
    http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?82662
    Tanker5 wrote: »
    The bases of the guns look too tall and tapered especially for big guns. I would lower them down and widen the bases.

Also, the body/wings of the model appear flat. It looks like its been created with a polygon tool, and not much else was done. I see the insets in the wings with all of the grebbles, but that's it. It should have more elevation differences, and insets and bevels to give it more variation.

Its not a bad design, or incredibly fantastic. It looks "alright". I would probably consider it for my game if it was sold. I think the hanger module in front of it is holding it back from looking as aggressive as it can be. If you want it to be a full on battleship bruiser, I would do something else with the front, like give it a long bow shape and add more turrets to that section.

I'm also designing a spaceship, and looking for some feedback too : )
    http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?82662

Thanks for the feedback bro....honestly I am not a great modeler...and ya if you want to buy it from me, I'll sell it. I am in the works of texturing it unless you want it un-textured, let me know.

I also saw your cannon....very cool....love to see the finish model.
  • Ze AratlossZe Aratloss171 Posts: 0Member
    amazing look bud! If i may suggest that the forward armor plating extremities be angled back to give a sleeker look and a speed style too.