Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationReliant and Enterprise firing on each other and hitting.

So I've been playing around with Dennis Bailey's V2 Connie refit for super long, right? Well, yesterday I happened to drop by the good old STMC and found a pretty amazing Reliant that needed minimal work before it looked spectacular.

I've also been trying to come up with a cool phaser effect that can sit with these models and I think i found it. I developed the technique for the explosions a few years ago, and I'm gonna marry the two in a cool shot. If it juices me up enough, I might do a small sequence. :-)

For now: here's a demonstration of the phaser effect and the explosion effect, rendered with FPRIME (nothing else I have handles reflections and radiosity with the immediacy of FPRIME <3 )
112500.jpg
112501.jpg
watcher of the skies, watcher of all
my guardian angel fell asleep on the watch
the hardest thing about refrain
our reason to be here
Tagged:

• RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Ohh, interesting! That explosion looks great, cool effect on the hull and the reflections look awesome!

The phasers look good, though I'd tweak them a bit, make the red 'halo' effect on them thinner. And I'd also tweak the model a bit, to make the nacelles and torpedo launchers completely dark.

I look forward to seeing this come together! :)
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • overState201XoverState201X171 Posts: 0Member
    I'm aiming for less than entirely screen accurate. You should see the photon effect I'm prototyping: pure post-Abramsian abomination! lol
    our reason to be here
  • overState201XoverState201X171 Posts: 0Member
    Aaaaand the Reliant's gone. The computer I'm currently stuck with tends to glitch Lightwave a lot and I'd sadly been saving when it happened, so the version of the mesh I made all nice is now a collection of unusuable vertices. >:-(
    our reason to be here