Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAshley's Star Wars WIP Thread

13»

• ashleytingerashleytinger2012 Central OhioPosts: 1,245Member
    It's always nice to see variations of iconic ships. :)

I'm tempted to name this one "Fool's Errand' ;)
    evil_genius_180StarCruiserLizzy777scifieric
    So while on vacation, I pulled the space I'd set aside for the Captain's Cabin, and, well I detailed it. ;) I ended up taking some design ideas from Rebels since it's what inspired me to even do this in the first place, as well as a need to have the radar dish tied into the ship properly since it's actually dipping into the Captain's cabin. I figure it's an after-market add-on and this is just one of the ways to do it.

The Blender renders are a little grainy, but since I'm dropping this into a different program later, they'll do for now.

You can kind of see the Engineering Hold in the back but it has no light and details yet and I'm still deciding on some corridor detailing. But she's coming along =)

mcquarrie_falcon_wip_03_by_ashleytinger_dfpkc0n-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MjE1NCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGZwa2Mwbi00NTQ3YWJhNy0wNWM5LTQ4M2UtYWJkZC1mZmYxNThjNmM5MjguanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.Ap1_ej7g8ILqY6ENMPCcUiKFD5aJBxEmQ8EVHvYF5AI

evil_genius_180wibbleStarCruiserLizzy777scifiericAel's
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Nice work, that looks really good.

Only a truly devoted artist would spend time on a cruise working on CGI. :lol:
    ashleytingerscifieric
    Nice work, that looks really good.

Only a truly devoted artist would spend time on a cruise working on CGI. :lol:

To be fair, it was after we were both exhausted and just lounging in our cabin late at night. Some people read, do puzzles, I pull out my surface and screw around in Blender LOL

evil_genius_180scifieric
    mcquarrie_falcon_wip_04_by_ashleytinger_dfqaof3-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MjE2MCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGZxYW9mMy0yMzVlMDFiNi1mM2MwLTQ4YTItOTZhMS05MTBhZTFlMTBlNDQuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.xW9V48P1ET4GSgi7iLuGAJ-Po9ekmfP4jRD17RWII5Y

So, I've got the base for Engineering in there. I need to add the buttons, displays and striping to the consoles. I also need to add a hyperdrive and some hoses, plus a few interactive panels on that 'reactor' I put in the alcove there. I'm thinking I might put those ceiling light into the cabins as I really like how those turned out. The chair needs to be rebuilt. That's a holdover from the Truespace Falcon I was building a long time ago. I put a bed in there as I figure the engineer would either sleep by the engines, or it's a spare bed for extra guests or a place to toss someone who's 'sleeping on the couch'.

I did opt to do up paneling on the outer hull reminiscent of the storyboards Johnston (at least that's how it was tagged) had done as they look cleaner and less random. The big stripes down the aft on top there are part of the cooling system that uses ammonia to keep the engines and ship cool instead of belching vents. And yes, we actually use something like that now on the space station. I'll probably put a few smaller emergency vents on there, but I'm not sure just yet.
    evil_genius_180StarCruiserwibbleLizzy777gmd3dAel's
  • gmd3dgmd3d250 DublinPosts: 132Member
    Looking through this, fantastic work on the Falcon.
    “You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.”