Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DCircular saucer Voyager WIP

SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
edited October 2017 in Work in Progress #1
Circular saucer Voyager WIP
111992.jpeg
Post edited by SATR on
Tagged:

• trekkitrekki947 Posts: 1,399Member
    Interesting:thumb:
  • DeksDeks200 Posts: 259Member
    Interesting indeed... though I would have tried to make the saucer 'flow' into the secondary hull with a curve without an abrupt angle

Also, consider reducing the size of the Impulse engines on the saucer... they look too big right now.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,565Member
    ^

I agree regarding the size of the impulse engines... I'd make them smaller. I like the idea of the circular saucer on this design... it's an interesting way to increase internal volume, without drastically altering the bulk of the design that much.
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    Cool... though I was thinking for the saucer connection an impulse engines size to be something like this:
    Hope you don't mind me editing the picture (I put on the proper credits on it, and I apologize for it being extremely rough).
    112008.jpeg
  • ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
    Personally, I'd remove the impulse engines from the saucer completely and place them in the center on the spine.
    The 24th century Intrepid class impulse engines are located on the back of the nacelle pylons.
    Seems odd that they are missing here.
    I would likely couple those with one large impulse engine on the spine like the Enterprise-D has it.