Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationEarth-Link Origins

Toa_KaitaToa_Kaita332 Posts: 0Member
title_10.jpg

There just isn't enough original sci-fi media these days, am I right? More to the point, there isn't enough original ANIMATED sci-fi media these days.

Hi! I'm Chris "Toa Kaita" Kroznuski; you can call me BurningEarthVFX, Toa, Destral, or just Chris K if you like -- I go by all of those names on various other web forums. I've contributed to this forum in the past every now and again, but it's been a while since I've logged on to post. I'm producing an animated sci-fi series called Earth-Link Origins, set in a vast universe filled with rich, dynamic characters and a galaxy-spanning story that weaves them all together. This project is primarily inspired by Star Trek, Star Wars, Colony Wars and Wing Commander, among other classic sci-fi stories -- most notably, it is inspired by the work of YouTuber Brandon "TNPIR4002" Bridges and his astounding trilogy of Star Trek fan films.

The premise of Earth-Link Origins is simple enough: "2,000 years into the future, an interstellar war rages between the benevolent Earth Empire and the vicious Morningstar Pirates, while a third, unseen power pulls the strings between them."

This series is being produced with the help of an amazing cast and crew; some of our cast includes actors such as Tim Torre (Star Wars: Revan, EOS 10, Deviance), Robert S. Benjamin (Final Melody, Wing Commander Saga, Chronicles of Humanity), Ashley M. Kalfas (The Lone Ranger, Don't Be A Victim/What If?, Star Trek: The Romulan Wars), and many others, along with a few newcomers. Some of our artistic crew involves talented people like Michael "WileyCoyote" Wiley (known for his work in the Star Trek: Ships of the Line calendars), Gabriel Koerner (Star Trek Enterprise, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly/Serenity), Sean Tourangeau (designer of the USS Titan in the Star Trek Titan: Sword of Damocles novel and the USS Ares of Star Trek Axanar), and Ali "Casperium" Ries (her nebulae have been seen in productions such as Renegades, Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome, and many others).

Our current focus lies in producing the first 20 minutes of the series as a Prologue, which will be released on YouTube for all who want to see the fruits of our labor (and, hopefully, gather enough interest to see the series produced in full!). It is my hope that with Earth-Link Origins, we can produce a series that not only tells a compelling story with unforgettable characters, but also brings back some of the "magic" that movies like the original Star Wars used to be able to give so well back in the days of old.

Here are just a few of the videos we have produced thus far to give you all an idea of how the series will look and feel:

For those wondering, my visual effects software of choice for the production is Autodesk 3D Studio Max 2012, the Adobe Creative Suite v6, and Reallusion's iClone 7 with 3DXChange. A full, proper teaser trailer is in the works for the production, and should be out within a few months' time. I hope that there are some of you out there who will be interested in watching this project continue!

I will post as often as I can here and on our SpaceBattles Thread (and other threads on other websites will come in time), but don't forget to visit the website and check out our Facebook page (if you have one)!
111798.jpg
Tagged: