Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBeyond NCC-1701-A Interior

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    The black and white is sharp, very nice. The red also adds some nice pop. All said, I think it looks great. Like you said, different from the 1701, yet recognizable as coming from the same design aesthetic.
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    And with the addition of the PCAP control access panel, that finishes the Turbolift Door module. One more standard door, a ladder alcove, and a touchscreen bulkhead and we'll start having enough pieces to build the full hallway. As always, if you don't like something, or have a better idea, pitch it to me. :)

5EU3yEJ.jpg

oDZSPcL.jpg

4ocPzdW.jpg

ObgvPC0.jpg
  • trekkitrekki947 Posts: 1,399Member
    ThatA’s wonderful
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann629 Posts: 1,284Member
    I hope you don't mind, but I decided to take a crack at trying to turn your awesome corridor black. Wound up turning out this lovely dark gray, brings the TNG era to mind.

tumblr_oth5q9np3i1u9hwe3o1_1280.jpg
    I hope you don't mind, but I decided to take a crack at trying to turn your awesome corridor black. Wound up turning out this lovely dark gray, brings the TNG era to mind.

tumblr_oth5q9np3i1u9hwe3o1_1280.jpg

I don't mind at all! I welcome any and all suggestions or variant ideas! Ya know, that lighting could actually be cool for red alert. The lights dim as you have here, and then the red strip lights on the ceiling flash or something. Neat!
    Exactly what you want in an emergency situation: lower lighting!
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    PCAP?
    Aresius wrote: »
    PCAP?

PCAP is the computer system/user interface of starfleet computers in the Kelvin timeline. LCARS is the prime timeline equivalent.

Primary Computer Access Portal? Not sure what it actually stands for. It's on most of the Enterprise computer interfaces in Star Trek 2009 and Star Trek Into Darkness. There is an article on it here...

http://www.inventinginteractive.com/2013/05/16/star-trek-into-darkness/
    Alright, I didn't have much motivation to finish this piece, because it's not very exciting, so that's why it took me a week. But it's done now. This is a comms panel just to have extra props in the corridor. It's modeled from the one Spock uses in Beyond.

isT33tC.png

KJyqCUJ.jpg

btTvvsA.jpg

j9GMqUl.jpg
    Very nice this comm Panel.
    Can not you install your rooms in Nightfevers A?
    trekki wrote: »
    Very nice this comm Panel.
    Can not you install your rooms in Nightfevers A?

I may attempt to do low poly corridor versions behind windows, yes.
    Hey, that would be great.
    Finished the comm panel, and also a final third door type variant. Just a couple of more pieces, and I can make a full corridor!

gLi3eRz.png

QMVwY7r.png

PTt9Qv1.jpg

zgirYbf.jpg
    The comm panels look great. :thumb: That's an interesting material on that door.
    Bridge sneak peak. Just playing around. Nothing final yet. Digging the TOS color scheme. Modifed from calamitysi's Vengence bridge. I thought that starfleet would probably put tech from the Vengeance into the 1701-A, so I am going to redress it heavily while keeping a similar look.

EDIT: Latest render.

c5mQm3Q.jpg
    Brandenberg
    NICE! Digging the X-Wall behind the Captain's chair too. Could see that modified with the techy-deets from the TNG era.
    I like it. Using Vengeance tech makes sense, as it was even more advanced than the Enterprise.
    Just a quick red alert lighting test.

[video=vimeo;228398410]
    Now with final shaders, textures, decals, and panel access labels (in the alcoves). One thing you might notice is a bit of a rough paint textures on the upper left. This was done on the 1701 sets. This is actually done quite alot through all of Trek on set pieces and one of those things you can't "unsee" once you notice. I guess it's to give it a bumpy texture to have "something" that reads on camera.Taking shape...

V7KS8j3.jpg
    It looks great. :thumb:
    Coming together now.

x8o5X7v.jpg
    Looking fantastic. :thumb:
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Really nice! The little details such as the decals on the corridor give it that extra touch!

Cool looking bridge as well, looking forward to see where you take it!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • AvianAvian203 Posts: 210Member
    I love these gorgeous corridors! I do! But I just want to bring up a caution about a tiny thing. :)

One of the hundreds of "rules" I learned in Architecture School was that you never design walls with a concavity that can cause a tripping hazard. It may look like the coolest thing in the world, but we have to admit we're all klutzes. And anyone not paying attention will likely end up with their coffee splattered across those beautiful curved walls when they inevitably trip while rounding a corner.

Maybe by the 23rd Century we'll have implants that will prevent us from being ungraceful animals. ;)
  • AvianAvian203 Posts: 210Member
    And one more thing.

(And Damn!, I hate to be that guy...)

The upper portions of the corridor walls look a lot like the cabin of a Boeing 757, 767 and 777. Right down to the shape and size (and downlighting) of the "windows."

Then again, you might be deliberately referencing 20th-Century aviation technology.

The only reason I'm pointing this out is not to be a Troll or an *ss. You clearly have a great deal of talent. So I'm confident that you can design these corridors that have a unique signature that says "you" yet still fits in with the Star Trek aesthetic. :thumb:
    111915.jpg
    Well I've started work on this again. Bitter sweet this time after the latest news. Here is where I am currently. (Right click open in new tab)

HaMfPq4.jpg

XScdGyS.jpg
    xiaorobear
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Beautiful renders and design, I could easily think it was a photo from a set. :)
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2014 Central OhioPosts: 1,245Member
    I really love the tweaks you've done with this design.
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    This is really pretty sweet!
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    I'm not a fan of the JJ "aesthetic", but daaaamn the realism of those renders is awesome! :thumb: