Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBeyond NCC-1701-A Interior

PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
edited August 2017 in Work in Progress #1
I'm working on a personal animation project, and I needed to see the interior of the NCC-1701-A from the end of Beyond. Of course, we never saw the interior, so I'm having to make it up. I wanted to design it in such a way that it was familiar to the NCC-1701, so it felt in the universe.

However, I wanted to take it further and upgrade it just a bit. Here is where I am so far on the corridor. Still lots to do, but I wanted to get overall opinions on the basic idea. What do you guys think? Any suggestions you think would be cool to see? If you think something else would look better, feel free to say so. Think of this thread as a public brain storm session on this design. :)

N7IewxJ.jpg
111700.jpg
Post edited by PixelMagic on
Tagged:

• RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Looking forward to see what you come up with. :)
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    One more update for tonight. I decided to redo the panel lines around the sunken shapes and also add some spacers between each panel to give it some more visual interest and color.
    zODnTev.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804255 Posts: 11,034Member
    It looks good so far. I have no suggestions. While I've seen all three movies, I'm a little fuzzy remembering what the interiors besides the bridge looked like in Beyond. I guess I need to watch it again. :)
    It looks good so far. I have no suggestions. While I've seen all three movies, I'm a little fuzzy remembering what the interiors besides the bridge looked like in Beyond. I guess I need to watch it again. :)

This is how it looks in the 1701 in Beyond.
    JId0AJu.png

And my 1701-A (so far)
    QRArmBm.jpg
    Nice comparison. It looks like a slightly different version of what was there before, so I'd say you're right on the money with it.
  • trekkitrekki935 Posts: 1,392Member
    Very nice, I'm curious what's coming.
    I like the New Star Trek interior. :thumb:
    I felt my first version might deviate too far from the 1701, so I took that concept and scaled it back. Mainly so that the hallway could retrain that defined and simple cylindrical shape. First version broke the cylinder shape because of panels sticking out. You guys like this version, or the first one better?

SY3ZG2c.jpg

VepKA3h.jpg
  • ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
    This looks better.
  • trekkitrekki935 Posts: 1,392Member
    This looks better, two.
    Yeah, this does look better.
  • BlobVanDamBlobVanDam0 Posts: 0Member
    I prefer the new version too, but both versions look great. I like how you've managed to progress on the original design while still capturing the same feel.
    I did a the last bit of modeling on the "standard panel" that makes up the majority of the corridor. It's now finished. Now I've got to model access hatches, ladders, turbolift doors, regular quarters doors, etc. I wanted to see how it looked so far, so I instanced it around a circle to get somewhat of an idea. The first render is my two-tone color scheme I started with, and the second is purely white like the 1701, just to see how it looks. I'm leaning toward sticking with the two tone, but I also like the white. I'll decide as I start to get other elements in. The difference is subtle, but I might make the darker tone even darker to make it slightly more contrasted. Comments and critiques welcome of course.

Two Tone

euqYBiN.jpg

1701 Pure White

QIDXJT4.jpg
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann610 Posts: 1,271Member
    Cool! Kinda feels like I'm on the world's biggest airplane!

It would actually be kind of cool to see some airplane furnishings in that setting, it might have a 2001 feel to it. Something like this...

designq-elegante-jet-interior-01.jpg

or this

AWN20141020145803.jpg
  • BlobVanDamBlobVanDam0 Posts: 0Member
    I prefer the two tone, I think. It breaks it up a bit more.
    I'm also a fan of the two tone. It's not in your face color, but it's more pleasing to the eye than the pure white, in my opinion.
    Unfortunately, I realized too late that I had not been modeling a perfect cylinder, so I had some alignment issues. This left me no choice but to start over modeling from scratch. I altered the design slightly, but it's still mostly the same. I also modeled a corner piece so I can do hallway junctions. Also a quick standard lighting test, and a red alert one.

Right click open in new tab for full size render.

flqm7f2.jpg

oAA9BEN.jpg
    P5ych0p4th
    I've modeled about 80% of the "standard door" for the corridor. Again, taking the concept from the 1701 doors and just evolving it forward. Still more details and textures to add, but this is the basic shape. I'll still have to model a turbolift door, and perhaps a second design for a "standard door."

(Right click open in new tab to see full resolution)
    9G8TsL8.jpg

ox1paLv.jpg
    Looking great, dude. I like the door a lot.
    PixelMagic wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I realized too late that I had not been modeling a perfect cylinder, so I had some alignment issues. This left me no choice but to start over modeling from scratch.

Ugh. I hate it when stuff like that happens. :(
    I really like that red alert hallway, though it's weird that the lights which are blue on the 'normal' version turn red, and the white turn blue. Wouldn't it be more natural to have the blue ones stay blue and the white ones turn red?
    Rekkert wrote: »
    I really like that red alert hallway, though it's weird that the lights which are blue on the 'normal' version turn red, and the white turn blue. Wouldn't it be more natural to have the blue ones stay blue and the white ones turn red?

I suppose I just figured futuristic lights could change color to be whatever they wanted...heh. Anything I'm making isn't final until it is. The blue lights in Beyond also turn red, which is why I did that here. Right now anything might change, including light colors and placement. That's why I wanted this thread to be open critique to get the best result at the end. Thanks.
    LEDs can be tiny and powerful. You can buy color changing LED light bulbs today, to say nothing of 200+ years in the future.
    Completely finished modeling and texturing the standard door. This is a door to an astrometrics lab. I'm going to color code the doors in blue and red stripes, depending on whether the room is science related or engineering related. Now onto designing the turbolift door...

J2ux5DC.jpg

AiGXhrr.jpg

iVk2olB.jpg

6dNqJgU.jpg
    lewisnivenP5ych0p4th
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972320 Posts: 1,201Member
    Really nice, the colour coding is a great idea.
    That looks great. :)
    Modeled the turbolift door and surrounding door frame. As well as the junction pillars. Critiques or suggestions welcome.

We7c4mf.jpg

j7sfmIG.jpg
    lewisnivenwolfman
  • EnterpraisEnterprais197 Posts: 124Member
    OOh my god!! Impossibly beautiful!! Sorry, no critics or suggestions, just a number of rapturous sounds which is difficult to interpret as a human language.
  • FANGsFANGs414 Posts: 79Member
    Really cool! Once again an inspiring project. I love the UIs
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann610 Posts: 1,271Member
    Looks great, though it's making me imagine an exterior that looks more like a sports car. Turn this thing black and you'd have a SuperCar SuperStarship.
    Looks great, though it's making me imagine an exterior that looks more like a sports car. Turn this thing black and you'd have a SuperCar SuperStarship.

Heh. Well, I'm riding a fine line of changing it enough to be different, but not changing it so much that it's unrecognizable to the 1701 interior. The stark white of the 1701 interior was neat, but I wanted some color on mine. I'm keeping mostly everything white, but wanted to splash some color on the doors and labels. The final floor will also not be flat black but several patterns and shades of gray.
    I really love the style you have here, the color touches definitively add to the design.