Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationStar Trek: The Next Generation 30th Anniversary Tribute

PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
edited June 2017 in Finished Work #1
Just a quick animation I did in honor of TNG's 30th. The Enterprise-D mesh is by Nightfever. I converted it from his Cinema 4D file to 3ds max. I made sure all the shaders and materials were physically based by converting the model over the Vray. The entire shot was then brute force raytraced with no tricks or cheats. I was trying to get as photoreal as possible while also matching old school motion control model photography.

https://vimeo.com/211048371

Also, since Vimeo compresses the frames more than I'd like, here's an album of stills that show it a little cleaner. (click on each image to view full size)

http://imgur.com/a/LZ8Uh
111462.jpg
Post edited by PixelMagic on
Tagged:

• rojrenrojren2304 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,971Member
    That's really nice. I watched it a couple of times on my notebook, then more than a couple of more times on my tv. The camera movement is great.
  • trekkitrekki947 Posts: 1,399Member
    Hi, this Animation is very nice, love it !
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Awesome work. I'm stoked that TNG is 30, it's my favorite Star Trek show, probably because It's closest to my age and it was on TV when I was a kid. :)
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    That would have been a great shot for an alternate ending to Generations.
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Hard to believe it has been 30 years. Great job on the animation.

I remember when my wife was pregnant, we would watch TNG. Then after our son was born and TNG would come on TV, he would turn his head towards the TV whenever the theme would come on! Funny as all get out!
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Great clip! Far better than the CGI Galaxy sequence we saw at the end of Voyager. :)

The only thing letting the animation down is the lack of the strobes/running lights - It really would add a subtle but significant improvement to the clip if they were in there.

Either way - great work man :)
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Comco wrote: »
    Great clip! Far better than the CGI Galaxy sequence we saw at the end of Voyager. :)

The only thing letting the animation down is the lack of the strobes/running lights - It really would add a subtle but significant improvement to the clip if they were in there.

Either way - great work man :)

I was too enamored with the rest of it to notice the first couple of times, but I agree. :D
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    Very nicely done there Daniel.
  • Klavs81Klavs81224 Posts: 197Member
    Really excellent job. Love it!
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,564Member
    Very awesome! I love the ship and the camera work... even love the look of the text/graphic at the end. Nicely done!
  • LatosLatos335 Posts: 0Member
    Love seeing your work, inspiring as always! Great job
    Lighting is 5/5
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    I'd like to see the refit get that "stetchy warp" treatment. Combined with the warp bubble effect we saw for the JJpris in Star Trek Beyond.
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    I'm not that big of a TNG guy and that brought a lump to my throat.
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
  • Nell 3DNell 3D375 Posts: 125Member
    It would be fantastic to see the full TNG intro re-created ... if I could do it (and it would not stop there, I would recreate all the intro with better CGI effects than the ones used at the time)
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    That was really nice to see. Very good!