Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    Just have to shrink the buttons down and give every panel an actual screen. Those butons are way too big for the panels thanks to the 4k era ;)
    Rekkert
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very nice.
    Rekkert
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    @ashleytinger: Yes, totally; with big TVs placed vertically on the side consoles, and a larger screen for the MSD, they'd be totally doable today.

@count23: The buttons themselves are close to a real keyboard key in size, just as they always were in LCARS. What do you mean? :)

@Freak: Thanks! :)

I've finished the MSD and the whole LCARS panel for that section. While I'm happy with how it turned out, I'm so used to having the MSD with the traditional vertical LCARS lines running through the middle that this one looks off just for not having those. I guess it's just a matter of getting used to it, I specifically wanted to break off from traditional LCARS designs and do something different.

I've also decided to do a custom forward alcove for the bridge, as I didn't like how the reused Enterprise-D alcove looked in there with this aesthetic. I went with simpler panels just as those on the aft alcoves, and placed circuitry access panels beside the doors. I actually modeled a replicator for this area, but I just didn't like how it was looking, so I scraped the idea. As you can see, on the port side alcove, the dedication plaque sits on top of one of the panels.

The bridge is mostly finished at this point, I still have to do the LCARS for the center-facing side consoles, and the red alert version of the bridge; but other than that I think it's done. Do you all think it's missing something? :)

tadeo-d-oria-c5-07.jpg?1592612718
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-08.jpg?1592612726
    ashleytingerevil_genius_180BolianAdmiralJMP11Lizzy777FreakWarp Propulsion Laboratory
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,564Member
    Very nice. I love the area by the commissioning plaque and the style of view screen.
    Rekkert
  • slybrarianslybrarian68 Posts: 49Member
    edited June 2020 #2766
    One thing you might consider with the side consoles is testing the curved ones you used for the Swiftsure instead. That would fit how the Enterprise-E had angled consoles at those positions, which more closely fit the change in the floor.
    Post edited by slybrarian on
    Rekkert
    edited October 2020 #2767
    @BolianAdmiral: Thanks! I couldn't quite leave that area alone though, as you'll see below. :p

@slybrarian: I actually modeled those consoles with both bridges in mind, as they were originally just a modified version of these curved designs. However in the end I had to made the Swiftsure version a straight 90º 'L' shape, and that just doesn't flow with the circle at the center of the bridge as well as these curved ones do. You'll notice these follow along that curve, and IMO that was more important to keep than the 'L' shape. :)

I've iterated a bit more on the door alcoves, making them a bit more unique than the previous versions; adding blue light strips at the bottom, modifying both the placement and shape of the circuitry access panels, and changing the position of the dedication plaque. I've also added a small recessed area at the side of each wall console, in the place where the keypads used to go on the Enterprise-E bridge.

Here are the finished renders of the bridge, as you can see I've also made a red alert version, with all the floor lighting changing to red.
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1602399052
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1602399068
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1602399085
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1602399104
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1602399114
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01r.jpg?1602399060
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01r.jpg?1602399076
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01r.jpg?1602399094
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-emmett-till-bridge-cutaway.jpg?1602399122
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    evil_genius_180ashleytingerBrandenbergBolianAdmiralLizzy777FreaknixonsheadWarp Propulsion LaboratoryJMP11
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That looks fantastic. The Federation emblem on the floor really makes it look like a diplomatic vessel.
    Rekkert
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Such a cool room.
    Rekkert
    Very nice! The plaque looks better in the new location.
    Rekkert
    This is very nice.
    I don't know why but it looks smaller than the Enterprise E bridge.
    Rekkert
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    Rekkert did you get my email about commission?
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918267 Posts: 453Member
    I also sent a comission request, but SATR I think would have priority
    Rekkert
    Why is that Rusty?
    Well he did the Lex-B bridge for me recently
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla795 HelsinkiPosts: 2,867Administrator
    Can't speak for Rekkert, obviously, but people chasing me around the internet asking me if I got their emails would make me a little reluctant to work with them. How about you talk commissions in the emails, and leave the project threads for enjoying the excellent work. I'm sure he'll get back to you if/when he has a chance.
    Rekkert
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
    edited June 2020 #2777
    Post edited by SATR on
    Guerrilla wrote: »
    Can't speak for Rekkert, obviously, but people chasing me around the internet asking me if I got their emails would make me a little reluctant to work with them.

Also, let's not forget that Rekkert has mentioned multiple times in this thread that he's had struggles of late finding motivation amidst all of the issues in the world right now (especially the global pandemic) as well as things going on in his personal life that have affected him. I'm sure he's not intentionally ignoring anyone, but he's a human being with feelings and I think showing him some compassion and patience would be warranted.

Personally, Rekkert, I'm always just happy whenever you post updates in this thread, because your work is absolutely fantastic. :)
    Rekkertscifieric
    edited June 2020 #2779
    Glad you liked the bridge @evil_genius_180, @Brandenberg and @BolianAdmiral! :)

@Freak: They are very similar in size (the Emmett Till is longer front-to-back, but shorter side-to-side), though the smaller alcoves and less number of doors certainly make this look like a smaller bridge. :)

@Rusty0918: I'll reply to that email shortly, though indeed as I did the Lex-B so recently I have quite a few people beforehand. :)

@SATR: Yes, I saw your last email. I also saw that you already started the commission with another artist and posted it here just a couple of days after said email, so honestly I have no idea what sort of reply you are expecting. Nor do I have an idea about how you expect me to trust you enough to work with you, considering what happened with the Proteus bridge and how you didn't pay and flat out lied to the artist who was making the 2D images for you. I was ready to let that go, but since you insist so much to get your reply, here it is.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aaaaanyway, here's a bridge commission I've been working on since March, but that since Covid happened, had a long period of being on-hold. Now it's back on track, and it's actually mostly done as far as layout and modeling is concerned. This bridge is for the USS Ranger, a custom 2380's starship design done in STO which my client named the Pulsar-Class:

tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2020-06-23-20-30-31.jpg?1592955598

The bridge shape is a fairly standard circular layout, with 6 stations alongside the perimeter, and a seventh one at the back, inside a recessed alcove similar to that of the Enterprise-B bridge. There are two doors flanking the viewscreen, and two other doors at the back of the bridge.

In the center, there's the traditional 3 command chairs (with the same modified standalone command consoles as the Emmett Till, they were actually done for this bridge a while ago), and a single helm in front.

Finally, behind the command seating, there are two standing tactical consoles (with new, longer supports), and a glass MSD taken from the 'Parallels' Enterprise-D bridge, mirroring a similar arrangement from some of the STO bridges, which my client wanted reproduced.

As you can see everything's already there; and after several color tests, we settled on a cold grey and blue combination, as on the USS Galaxy interiors from this era. The LCARS will be of the 'Nemesis' light blue colors as well.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1592955575
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1592955584
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1592955592
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    FreakBolianAdmiralJMP11Lizzy777slybrarianWarp Propulsion LaboratoryBrandenberg
    That looks great, way better than any of the in game bridges from STO. I've been a fan of that ship design since they added it to the game, so it's nice to see the interior getting some love.
    BolianAdmiralRekkert
    Very nice.
    I don't play STO, so I have not seen this ship. But it looks like a refit of the Lunar Class. (U.S.S Titan.)
    JMP11Rekkert
    Rekkert, I have a question, and IDK if this is something anyone else here has ever wondered, but I was wondering what the Enterprise-D bridge would look with the Enterprise-E colors and lighting level? Like, NO modifications at all to the existing TNG bridge... just the basic set, with the E’s colors and lights. Have you ever tried that, just to see how it might look?
    Rekkert
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Your brdiges keep on amazing me everytime I watch. I always think you gotta end up someday with no more options, yet you pull up even new tricks...
    I wonder what you could concoct for starbases as well... ;)
    Rekkert
    @evil_genius_180: Thanks! :)

@Freak: Thanks! STO allows you to mix and match pieces of starships within a small selection of classes for each canon design. This design my client made is part Akira-Class, part Oslo-Class, and part Armitage-Class. :)

@BolianAdmiral: I haven't actually tried that, now that you mention it. Usually those simple color changes just don't work without modifying stuff as well, though I guess it's just that we're so used and even expecting things to be a certain color, that they just look wrong. :p

@Aresius: Why thanks! Believe me, I've already peaked. ;) As for starbases, I've been itching to go back to Fontana Station and work on some of the other rooms I had sketched out for it, but that's gonna have to wait. I might have some starbase stuff from the TNG era coming up soon-ish though. :)

Sigh... my client on the Ranger has gone silent again, so that's another commission back on hold...
    While I have other stuff in the pipeline and I'm even taking some more commissions already (which isn't normal for me, I have 5 already in-progress; but with the whole Covid situation things are taking way longer than normal, as I have 2 waiting for feedback and two more stopped until further notice), I wanted to work on something I had full control over for a change of pace.

Back to the ever reliable Excelsior-Class USS Potemkin it is then. As a ship originating from the TMP era, I always imagined it having some sort of auxiliary control room rather than a battle bridge. So, just as with the briefing room, I wanted to emulate the basic TOS set layout with the TNG aesthetic. Then I checked and realized that the Enterprise-B MSD actually lists the ship having a battle bridge, so I decided to make it a little bit of an in-between design. Still very much inspired by the TOS layout, but providing an actual Captain's chair for the commanding officer.

Here's what I've got so far. I reused the sickbay CMO office door to access the side alcoves and mimic the TOS hex design. I thought about having these not be connected to the main room, just as on TOS, but that didn't make much sense to me; thus I replaced the side doors that should connect these little alcoves to the corridor with jefferies access.

As you can see the main ceiling's still missing; as are the viewscreen and the door, which as on TOS is located directly behind the Captain's position.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1593989346
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1593989350
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1593989354
    ashleytingerevil_genius_180FreakWarp Propulsion Laboratory
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2011 Central OhioPosts: 1,244Member
    as always nice work!
    Rekkert
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Man, your work is always spectacular!

Did you ever do the original Star Trek series bridge? I'd love to see that.
    Rekkert
    That sucks about the commissions being on hold, but then we're in an unprecedented situation with this virus.

The Potemkin bridge looks awesome. It reminds me of the Sutherland from Redemption part 2. I don't know why, but I really like that style. Maybe it's because it looks more utilitarian and less pretty, which you would expect from ships that aren't top of the line cruisers, like the Enterprises. It's like they took what was (essentially) a less important ship and updated it to TNG era tech quickly and less expensively.
    Rekkert
    edited July 2020 #2788
    @evil_genius_180 - I always thought the bridge we saw for the Sutherland was either it's auxiliary control room or a temporary bridge.
    Post edited by Rusty0918 on
    Rekkertevil_genius_180
    Ironically the Sutherland bridge was _actually_ a redress of the Enterprise-A's Galley from TUC. So maybe the Sutherland crew work where they eat? Or at least eat where they work? :)

But Yes, i concur with it being a battlebridge or auxiliary control for the Sutherland, it was in drydock with Major radiation leaks out of it's weapons arrays, could be the main bridge was uninhabitable at the time due to whatever reason drydocked it.
    Rekkert
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    @ashleytinger: Thanks!

@scifieric: Thank you, no I've never done the TOS bridge. I got some commission inquiries for bridges of that era, but there's always something and they don't come through.

@evil_genius_180: Oh that's definitely my logic behind the Potemkin, an old workhorse kept up to date but cheaply (and with cheap TNG era sets). This is the battle bridge of the Potemkin though, I already did the bridge early last year. Bigger and obviously inspired on the Excelsior bridge, but still very much a cheap redress by design. :)

I love the "bridge" of the Sutherland, simply due to how unique and utilitarian it looked, but I agree that it was most like just an auxiliary room.

A bit more work done. I replaced the two front facing consoles at each side of the viewscreen with the versions I used for the Potemkin's engineering, so there's now isolinear chips replacing some of the LCARS, and access panels instead of the lights near the floor.

I've also shortened the bridge by a meter from side-to-side. I really want to make this one feel cramped, it's clearly an "emergency use only" kinda room. The basic ceiling is now in place as well, as is the only door. New access panels are now all over the walls, and the viewscreen's starting to take shape.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1594016988
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1594016991
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1594016995
    BolianAdmiralFreakLizzy777JMP11
    I think the sutherland viewscreen will work on this bridge, it's even more stripped down than the battle bridge one.

http://tng.trekcore.com/hd/albums/season-5/5x01/redemption-part-ii-hd-312.jpg
    Rekkert
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class