Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    ...And before anyone asks how they stay in place, my head canon is that the metal frames are magnetized. ;)
    Gravity plating... :p
    Anyway awesome work!

Rekkert
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,564Member
    I can’t say enough how fantastic this looks so far. Having been spending lots of time in the hospital recently, the little added equipment bins and more streamlined layout really makes this “feel” more like a real medical area, and not just a set. I absolutely love the VOY style computer and other bits, as well as the certificates in the frames.
    Rekkert
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    @evil_genius_180: Hahaha, yeah, that's why she got the commendation, for keeping the grumpiness alive for another century. ;)

@furswift: Thanks!

@BolianAdmiral: Yeah, the whole look and feel of this design is a lot more "realistic" IMO than the TNG set, at least in my opinion. It's amazing how much a few changes can improve a set.

Props, props everywhere! I've added in plants, hyposprays, scanners, the whole bunch. Also, I've made the lights overhead on the main ward a lot bigger, to balance out the room; as it was left quite dark without the surgical scanner at the center.

Other than the surgical area (which still needs its standing console), the other rooms are complete now. Unless a modification is requested of course.

tadeo-d-oria-c7-16.jpg?1573952619
    tadeo-d-oria-c7-17.jpg?1573952622
    ashleytingerBolianAdmiralLizzy777evil_genius_180JMP11Warp Propulsion LaboratoryBrandenbergrojrenFreak
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's looking awesome.
    Rekkert wrote: »
    @evil_genius_180: Hahaha, yeah, that's why she got the commendation, for keeping the grumpiness alive for another century. ;)

That's for sure. Diana Muldaur is awesome, but I will always prefer Dr. Crusher due to her being a unique character.
    BolianAdmiralRekkert
    I've modeled the standing console for the surgical bay. It ended up being the smaller version of the Voyager consoles, as the other was way too big for the room. Also, we decided to use the regular bio beds for the surgical area, instead of the flat TMP bed it had before. Overall layout here might still change somewhat.

tadeo-d-oria-c7-19.jpg?1574023934
    tadeo-d-oria-c7-20.jpg?1574023937
    evil_genius_180BrandenbergashleytingerLizzy777Warp Propulsion LaboratoryrojrenFreak
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann628 Posts: 1,283Member
    ...I like it, but it still feels a bit like it's in the way. I would turn it around about 90 degrees, so the curve leads into the curve of the wall, and the screen housing pointing the surgical drawers.
    Rekkert
    I’m still not a fan of how the VOY consoles were so much bigger, compared to what we saw on TNG. Voyager was supposed to be more advanced, so the tech should be more compact and advanced looking, not bigger and clunkier.
    RekkertWarp Propulsion Laboratory
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Just such great stuff.
    Rekkert
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918267 Posts: 453Member
    You do have a point BolianAdmiral - did Tom Paris really need all those controls? And for that matter, did Tuvok and Harry Kim?
    Rekkert
    Also, why have half their console... BEHIND them?
    Rekkert
    Also, why have half their console... BEHIND them?

That's the way it was on the Voyager sickbay. Although for extra space it could be rotated ninety degrees and have it facing one of the bulkheads.
    Rekkert
    edited November 2019 #2383
    I think BlueNeumann was referring to the Security and Ops consoles on the bridge. I agree that the Voyager aesthetic is a prime example of "we have more money, let's make things bigger!" when they should've actually been smaller and simpler. From the bridge, to individual stations, everything was overblown proportions-wise.

Small details added in: some medical tricorders all over sickbay; and a Klingon tea set for Pulaski's office, as she enjoyed some Klingon tea (and poetry!) with Worf in 'Up The Long Ladder'. Probably the only good bit in that episode...

tadeo-d-oria-c7-23.jpg?1574056189
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180ashleytingerBolianAdmiralWarp Propulsion LaboratoryViperFreakBrandenberg
  • ViperViper1686 Posts: 717Administrator
    Damn, that medbay looks fantastic! Add it to the list of rooms I want to do for my ship, heh.
    Rekkert
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    This Sickbay is looking great.
    I just have one Nic-Pick. There are no doors on the Doctors office.
    You don't want to be in the doctors office and them give you bad news and someone happen to be walking past and overhear it.

I know the doctor office on the Ent-D and Voyager also had no door, but people could not walk past it as you have this with one. (well maybe Voyager but that had a glass window that could see into the main sickbay and into the lab at the side. so the doctor could keep an eye on his patients. So he would have seen someone coming towards his office.

As for the Bridge console on Voyager being bigger, I always thought it was because more data was coming into who ever was at those stations.
    Remember Voyager is not even half the size of the Enterprise so less people in other parts of the ship feeding information to the bridge.
    Of course that theory fall flat if we being the Defiant into the Mix. ;)
    Rekkert
    Well, with bad news, it's possible the doctor's office has acoustic dampeners so that no one outside the office could hear even if there were no doors.
    Rekkert
    edited November 2019 #2387
    @Viper: Thank you very much! I'd love to see your take! :)

@Freak: My head canon is that the office has a glass door (probably holographic in nature) that can be placed/removed with a simple voice command. Same thing with the translucent glass panels, we saw on Discovery that similar panels can be made opaque on command when appropriate.
    Regarding people passing through the office, they shouldn't have the need to. The second door allows the CMO to go directly to the surgical bay without going through the ward, but for the rest of the medical staff on duty, who are supposed to already be on the ward, it should be a shorter trip without the need to go through the office.

Ironically, Voyager's the odd one out here, as the set was originally going to have two different ways to connect sickbay to the lab, one through the office and another one through the surgical area. This last bit is on the original blueprints but was not built, and while a bit awkward, it would've made some more sense, as the privacy of the office could've been maintained without the need of people going from sickbay to the lab using the corridor, which is likewise awkward. Still, given that Voyager didn't have a medical staff, the point was moot on that series, which is why probably the second corridor wasn't built.
    Post edited by Rekkert on
  • JMP11JMP1151 Posts: 130Member
    Yeah, the office’s two doorways aren’t there to let people cut through, but rather for the CMO to have easy access to both areas as Rekkert stated above.
    Rekkert
    edited November 2019 #2389
    It's expected that doctors in Starfleet will have an open door policy. To make it mandatory, they put no door on the offices. ;)
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
    Rekkert
    Rekkert wrote: »
    @Freak: My head canon is that the office has a glass door (probably holographic in nature) that can be placed/removed with a simple voice command. Same thing with the translucent glass panels, we saw on Discovery that similar panels can be made opaque on command when appropriate.
    Regarding people passing through the office, they shouldn't have the need to. The second door allows the CMO to go directly to the surgical bay without going through the ward, but for the rest of the medical staff on duty, who are supposed to already be on the ward, it should be a shorter trip without the need to go through the office.

Ironically, Voyager's the odd one out here, as the set was originally going to have two different ways to connect sickbay to the lab, one through the office and another one through the surgical area. This last bit is on the original blueprints but was not built, and while a bit awkward, it would've made some more sense, as the privacy of the office could've been maintained without the need of people going from sickbay to the lab using the corridor, which is likewise awkward. Still, given that Voyager didn't have a medical staff, the point was moot on that series, which is why probably the second corridor wasn't built.

no not cutting though the doctors office. You got a doorway leading to the main corridor out side the waiting room next to the doctor office, and another on the main ward. If a crew member was heading to sickbay and the waiting room door was closer, they would go though that instead of going to the next door to enter the ward. So they would pass the Doctors office.

But given that this would have an EMH, it would not be hard to put up a Holo-Wall. I like that idea.
    It's expected that doctors in Starfleet will have an open door policy. To make it mandatory, they put no door on the offices. ;)

LOL
    Rekkert
    Yes, but suppose you had a biohazard situation in sickbay and needed to quarantine it. If you don't have a pass-through, you're stuck going through the doctor's office when the doctor is presumably very busy.
    Rekkert
    Here are the final renders! There were some last minute adjustments; most notably the metallic elements on the LCARS panels were changed from silver to bronze (like on Prometheus' interiors), and the chairs used on the waiting area and opposite the CMO on their office were re-scaled to be more accurate. They were too wide before, and using measurements from an auction listing I was able to scale them to the correct size.

While not the biggest set I've done, this one is the most complex in the amount of rooms and sections it has, so quite a few renders were needed to showcase everything:

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1574289164
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1574288558
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1574288561
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1574288565
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1574288568
    tadeo-d-oria-c6-01.jpg?1574288557
    tadeo-d-oria-c7-01.jpg?1574288560
    tadeo-d-oria-c8-01.jpg?1574288563
    tadeo-d-oria-c9-01.jpg?1574288654
    tadeo-d-oria-c10-01.jpg?1574288567
    tadeo-d-oria-c11-01.jpg?1574288570
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-venture-sickbay-cutaway.jpg?1574288548
    evil_genius_180Warp Propulsion LaboratoryJMP11rojrenLizzy777FreakBrandenberg
    That looks fantastic. The way you were able to put this together so quickly and have everything turn out so great is impressive. But, I always feel that way about the rooms you make. :)
    Rekkert
    I love it! It's like a hospital on board the ship-- which is absolutely what it should be like.
    Rekkert
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    Now THAT'S a sickbay.
    Rekkert
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
  • JMP11JMP1151 Posts: 130Member
    @Rekkert Awesome work as always! Thank you for bringing my idea to life!
    Rekkert
    Stunningly beautiful!
    Rekkert
    Stunning just stunning.

Don't know if this has ever been asked, but have you ever though about doing a Deck By Deck of a ship.
    Maybe something small like the Defiant?
    Rekkert
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2011 Central OhioPosts: 1,243Member
    I just now noticed the fluctuation in the fabric in the beds. Very nice attention to detail.

This set came out great!
    Rekkert
    I may ask for a redress of this Venture sickbay for the Sovereign-class USS Lexington: NCC-1709-B.
    Rekkert
    The only real thing I'd do with sickbay is have the entrance doors be bigger, or have the Asclepius symbol on them... maybe something on the outside in the corridor, so you can recognize the door at a distance. I understand why they never did that on the show, because you want to use that corridor all over the ship, but now...
    Rekkert