Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    @richiewilch: Yeah, those metallic bits on the 'The Search' bridge consoles were pretty unique. I replicated them here mostly so that these consoles don't look so much like all the other consoles I've done before. :P As for lowering the helm, we'll see, I want to test some shapes and see if I like how it looks lowered, otherwise I'll keep in on the same level as it is now, it doesn't obscure the viewscreen that much. And as for the Captain's chair, yeah I'll probably do the same as the Defiant, as it's the exact same Recaro car seat as the rest of the consoles, just with boxy armrests bolted and a headrest.

@darkthunder: Yeah, the XO will probably be in one of the stations at the back, close to the Captain.

A ton more work on the little corridors at the back. Added some replicators, keypads, red labels, LCARS panels, etc. The walls themselves there are now finished, though I still have to do the ceiling of course. On the starboard side alcove I've also placed the dedication plaque.

Here's also the beginnings of the helm console, which as I'd stated before is going to be a classic two person station. I've taken some inspiration from the Defiant's helm, as well as the DS9 runabout cockpit consoles, and the USS Righteous helm from 'Star Trek: Borg'. I'll be adding some more LCARS panels on the central column, red labels all around, more details on the light, etc. Still not entirely sold on it so we'll see.

tadeo-d-oria-c4-04.jpg?1636072460
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-05.jpg?1636072466
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-06.jpg?1636072473
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-07.jpg?1636072479
    darkthunderRory1707BolianAdmiralLizzy777MadKoiFishDoctorShmullusCaptain Serek
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • Rory1707Rory1707232 Posts: 238Member
    You know I’m loving this bridge design. I’m assuming the door on the starboard side near the dedication plaque is the captains ready room, I think it’s a nice location right near the rear of the bridge itself. It is a great evolution to the Defiant bridge. Patiently waiting for the completed renders! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,566Member
    Will there be some kind of small console attached to the metal railing behind the Captain’s chair, like on Voyager, or will the XO simply use one of the aft stations?
    Rekkert
  • DoctorShmullusDoctorShmullus54 Posts: 37Member
    Despite it being in its early stages I must say that I’m loving that helm console.
    Rekkert
  • Captain SerekCaptain Serek419 Burbank CaliforniaPosts: 90Member
    Nice progress, looking forward to more.
    Rekkert
    I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.
  • richiewilchrichiewilch57 Posts: 41Member
    Loving how this is coming together. I always thought that those panels were unique, so it's good to see them return in this way. Perhaps as well there's a potential future refit version of this bridge as well, with those panels replaced with further displays... and another later with a purple colour scheme ;)
    Rekkert
    @Rory1707: Correct, I'm making that door the way to the ready room, while the opposite one leads to the conference room. The two aft doors are turbolifts.

@BolianAdmiral: I'm not planning on doing more consoles, so indeed the XO would just use one of the aft facing consoles right next to the Captain.

@DoctorShmullus: Thanks, glad you do!

@Captain Serek: Thank you!

@richiewilch: Thanks! Hahaha, don't forget the red accented version from the sad alternate future. ;)

More details all around. The helm got another pass done with some small LCARS panels added at the center (inspired by the controls on the Type-18 shuttlepod), I might change these once I add the actual LCARS and see how they look, I'm not totally sold on them. I've also moved the helm to a more standard location at the center of the room, before I had it too much forward and it made visibility of the viewscreen difficult.

I've also finished detailing the edges of the main platform, following the same style as on the Captain's. Plus more details on the perimeter consoles keyboard areas, including padded wrist rests, which I've also added on the helm. The floor also got some attention, with the basic shape of the red striping connecting to the doors now added, plus the two tone blue and beige pattern started. Keep in mind all these colors are temporary as I'll have to tweak them once the final lighting is in place.

tadeo-d-oria-c4-10.jpg?1636191740
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-09.jpg?1636191735
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-08.jpg?1636191729
    Rory1707DoctorShmullusMadKoiFishashleytingerBolianAdmiralTenaciousMCCaptain SerekLizzy777caveat_imperator
    Awesome update my friend! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
    Great update.
    Rekkert
    I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.
    Loving the colors!
    Rekkert
    edited November 2021 #3402
    Glad you're all liking how it's coming together! I've completely redid the chairs today. Some materials still need tweaking and the Captain's isn't totally done yet though. Not sure what I'll do regarding controls for the Captain, I don't like the panels on the Defiant, so I might do something unique more inspired on the Sao Paulo command consoles.

tadeo-d-oria-c4-11.jpg?1636279297
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    Rory1707darkthunderDoctorShmullusJMP11Captain SerekBolianAdmiralLizzy777caveat_imperator
    I am really loving the look of this bridge my friend! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
    Another great update.
    Rekkert
    And now the Captain's chair is done. Once again I've confirmed that I hate doing chairs with a passion. Why do I keep doing this to myself? :joy:

tadeo-d-oria-c4-12.jpg?1636329816
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-13.jpg?1636329822
    darkthunderRory1707ashleytingerBolianAdmiralDoctorShmullusCaptain SerekLizzy777caveat_imperatorscifieric
    Looking good my friend! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
    Sorry about your hatred towards chairs but, you do them so well! 😂 🖖🏾
    Rekkertscifieric
    Nice work on those chairs. The Defiant always seemed like the only Starfleet ship with comfortable seating.
    Rekkert
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2014 Central OhioPosts: 1,245Member
    I've always wondered what model of car or truck they pulled those seats from. They look just like something automotive.
    Rekkert
    Excellent update.
    Rekkert
    @DoctorShmullus: Absolutely, the only Starfleet issue chairs which seem designed to actually sit on them comfortably for long periods of time hahaha.

@ashleytinger: They totally are. I was fairly certain they were reupholstered Recaro L seats, but by chance I came across a thread comparing Recaros to Flofit seats, which seem to be a cheaper knock off alternative, and they fit in down to the last detail, including the Captain's headrest. I haven't been able to find a specific model name for the design (maybe they don't have them, being knock offs), but now I'm certain they're Flofit seats.

Recaro L:
    tadeo-d-oria-recaro.jpg?1636424957

Flofit:
    tadeo-d-oria-flofit.jpg?1636424949

Lots of little details added everywhere around the bridge: the perimeter consoles are now completely detailed, with the missing elements added including the metal striping and the access panels near the ceiling; the lower level carpet now has a proper pattern around the perimeter; I've continued to detail the helm console; and several other minor things all over.
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-01.jpg?1636425601
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-02.jpg?1636425612
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-03.jpg?1636425618
    Warp Propulsion LaboratoryashleytingerRory1707BolianAdmiralDoctorShmullusCaptain SerekLizzy777caveat_imperator
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    Rekkert wrote: »
    And now the Captain's chair is done. Once again I've confirmed that I hate doing chairs with a passion. Why do I keep doing this to myself? :joy:

From puppeteer extraordinaire Phil Tippet:

"Passion has little to do with euphoria and everything to do with patience. It is not about feeling good. It is about endurance."

Rekkert
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
    Another great update.
    Rekkert
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    Loving every update to this bridge. It's so Defiant-y and yet... not!

It's the Defiant in HD =)
    Rekkert
  • mishasiegfriedmishasiegfried149 Posts: 65Member
    @Rekkert : Really loving your designs. I get the frustration with building chairs, its a pain in the ass. But you do it really well. Have you ever thought about doing a tutorial or workflow breakdown on how to do them? It would be suuuuuuuper helpful!
    Rekkert
    With every update I’m loving this bridge more and more! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
    @Warp Propulsion Laboratory: lol, I guess that's a good mentality to have.

@Captain Serek: Thanks!

@darkthunder: Hahaha, yeah, the Defiant if they had more room on the DS9 filming stage. :p

@mishasiegfried: Thanks! Eh, there's not much mystery to it, just subdiv a box and go from there. Then depending on each one I sculpt it a bit with a fabric brush and add the appropriate material. The steps in and of themselves are easy, it's actually doing the subdiv modeling that's the hard part (at least to me). I should do tutorials or the like, yeah, but I need more hours in the day hahaha.

@Rory1707: Thanks mate, glad you do!

I've worked on to some LCARS today, mainly to add these known colors in so that I can tweak the other materials as needed. Also, the area I had assigned for the keyboards on the helm was too thin, so I made it taller, plus I also added some metallic stripes at the top of it to better match the rest of the consoles.

In the end I didn't like how the central portion of the helm console looked like, so I did a new design for it, maybe a bit more classic, but now I'm considering it finished.

tadeo-d-oria-c0-08.jpg?1636511045
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-07.jpg?1636511038
    Rory1707BolianAdmiralDoctorShmullusLizzy777raztovCaptain SerekWarp Propulsion Laboratorydarkthunder
    Nicely done my friend! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2014 Central OhioPosts: 1,245Member
    I am in love with that helm console
    darkthunderRekkert
    I second what ashleytinger said… that helm console is epic.
    darkthunderRekkert
    That’s a truly fantastic looking helm console, and those LCARS are really nice too.
    Rekkert