Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMy Star Trek Thread

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That looks good. Without clear pics, the only thing you can do is guesstimate.
    Brandenberg
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    Nice,

that ship actually did start out as a Cardassian freighter however,so you might find better luck for it under it's original studio model name "Groumall".

Also there was a cool concept art variation that gave it the cardassian stingray head, i think it's on Jon Eaves's block somewhere.
    Brandenberg
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    count23 wrote: »
    Nice,

that ship actually did start out as a Cardassian freighter however,so you might find better luck for it under it's original studio model name "Groumall".
    Also there was a cool concept art variation that gave it the cardassian stingray head, i think it's on Jon Eaves's block somewhere.
    Thanks - thats helpful

Thanks @evil_genius_180
    Yeah @count23 the Groumall images were very helpful along with screen captures that I enhanced to see detail.

qsbwo20ef2xl.png
    count23evil_genius_180Lizzy777P5ych0p4thRekkertFreak
    That looks absolutely awesome. I've always been a fan of this freighter design.
    Brandenberg
    edited May 2020 #997
    Finally Tackled those structures on the fins. The Greebles need more work.

vpftbe1s9p6i.png
    4dctco1ubr81.png

Post edited by Brandenberg on
    evil_genius_180Warp Propulsion LaboratoryFreakLizzy777
    Nice work, this thing has a lot of details.
    Brandenberg
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2014 Central OhioPosts: 1,245Member
    Very nice. Some great detail work there
    Brandenberg
    Thanks you two. :3
    I think I have the side structures on the back fins under control.
    i3n3f7tmo5gu.png
    Warp Propulsion Laboratoryevil_genius_180FreakLizzy777
  • Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
    Wow! don't even remember seeing this freighter in the show, but then again it's been a while since I've watched it. Great modeling and attention to detail!
    Brandenberg
    It's in a convoy of 3 freighters guarded by one Klingon Bird of Prey during the Dominion War. General Martok is in command of the BOP and Worf is with him, dealing with the fact that his son Alexander has come on board to impress his dad. The episode is called "Sons and Daughters" Season 6 Episode 3.
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    Fantastic greebling! :)
    Brandenberg
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
    And I'm still at it.
    Warp Propulsion Laboratory
    Close to done with Greebling. I created latches to hold down the containers.

mpe65yo3k1uk.png
    ashleytingerRekkertevil_genius_180Lizzy777ComcoFreakWarp Propulsion Laboratory
    It looks good. However, in relation to the overall size of the components, the latches look kind of small. They're holding some huge containers in place.
    edited May 2020 #1007
    Thanks. You are right, and I don't mind enlarging them because they are fairly detailed.
    Time to grime it up. :p

Just getting started on the texturing. I enlarged the latches to as big as they currently could be. I will have to alter the shape to make them bigger. I haven't textured them yet. I need to move the clearance lights on the fins to the outer edge. Don't know what I was thinking.

m0mw99kdpkkb.png
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777Warp Propulsion Laboratory
    Big improvement with the latches. (see what I did there? :p)

The first grime pass looks decent, though very uniform. It might actually be advantageous to have the cargo containers have more grime, as they're removable and could be take down to a planet. Assuming the freighter doesn't land and is loaded in orbit, (I figure that's why the pods are removable) it would make sense for the containers to be dirtier, as they'd potentially sit on a planet for a time and get dirtier. Another idea would be to have the pods have varying shades of green, suggesting that the modular pods might come from different sources and just get attached to whatever freighter when it's time for a cargo run. Just some ideas. I don't know what level of detail you want to go into with that stuff.
    Brandenberg
    edited May 2020 #1010
    Big improvement with the latches. (see what I did there? :p)
    Thanks for the laugh - I did see what you did there. =)
    The first grime pass looks decent, though very uniform. It might actually be advantageous to have the cargo containers have more grime, as they're removable and could be take down to a planet.
    Yes, that's what I thought too.
    Assuming the freighter doesn't land and is loaded in orbit, (I figure that's why the pods are removable) it would make sense for the containers to be dirtier, as they'd potentially sit on a planet for a time and get dirtier.
    And of course knocked around more. I did give a thought to "Klingon graffitti?"
    Another idea would be to have the pods have varying shades of green, suggesting that the modular pods might come from different sources and just get attached to whatever freighter when it's time for a cargo run.
    Just like modern containerized cargo.
    Just some ideas. I don't know what level of detail you want to go into with that stuff.
    I'm going all out. It's too much fun. This is what I love about Klingon Ships (or perhaps non-Federation ships) is that they're more beat up and used looking.

evil_genius_180
    Yeah, Klingon ships get that "cleaning the ship takes away from our bat'leth sharpening time" look. ;)
    edited June 2020 #1012
    You nailed it. :+1:
    Redid the back after enhancing and studying a Christie's image. Still working on varying the cargo containers.

fzbd4vpu9eq9.png

evil_genius_180Lizzy777
    amusat5tdwas.png
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777Freak
    wxobzc3zw71b.png
    evil_genius_180ashleytingerLizzy777kadenFreak
    edited May 2020 #1016
    That's looking really good. I like the varying colors and weathering.

I don't know why, but I keep thinking of Colonial Movers from BSG. ;)
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
    Brandenberg
    I'm blanking. BSG?
    Battlestar Galactica. I've always liked the Colonial Movers ship, which is one of the ships cool enough to appear on both the original and reboot series:

colonial_movers.jpg
    Lizzy777Brandenberg
    Smak my head. Of course. Watched the entire reboot series. I just couldn't think of what BSG was.
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2014 Central OhioPosts: 1,245Member
    Really like the well worn look for it.
    Brandenberg
    Really like the well worn look for it.

Appreciated. Thanks.