Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSpaceship "Electra" by I14R10

• I14R10I14R1070 Posts: 140Member
    Short update

7lzfAXnl.png

Ea6llFOl.png

b0hwhJol.png
    Still in concept phase, I am trying out what looks the best.

zzFaTwcl.png

CGwI3ewl.jpg

rZbpSi0l.jpg

cxiSsPXl.png
    Small update. I don't have much time to work on this project so it's mostly just playing with lighting.

Lxq7jEgl.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I really like where you're going with this. The design is really going into a unique aesthetic, something that can clearly be defined as your own universe, not someone else's. The lighting looks good, but maybe brighten things up a tad. You don't want your crew groping around in the dark. ;)
    Thanks evil genius. The final result will certainly be brighter.
    Trying to decide which one of these 4 I like the most

M3UZKBYl.png
    UbByo2Il.png

tcjLyhal.png
    SZyWNf2l.png

And few more from different angles

MaOvbjAl.jpg
    ovUHbYnl.jpg
    J6hwvJul.jpg
    GT5kanBl.png

I think concept phase is finally over now. You can see that I've added ambient occlusion on these renders and they look much better, although they are far from finished.
    Changed the reactor again, something wasn't right
    Taaz14hl.png

I still have to think of some logical reason to have reactor like that. But the basic idea is that superheated plasma (like on the Sun) is magnetically constricted to the central cone and travels up into that structure on the top. Devices on the floor produce magnetic field to control plasma.

Ideally, I would like to get swirling effect and it should be more bright on the top, narrower part of the cone.
    I like that. It would look really sweet animated. :)
    I finally like this

RpPPLzjl.png
    I like it too. :)
    I started working on textures

gqml07bl.jpg
    Very nice, I like the displays. :)
    First some new renders, these show nearly finished model

nVGkSMBl.jpg

Xeelpgal.jpg

VApzQSUl.jpg

skKhaccl.jpg

And the next renders are me trying to find out what is the best look for the plasma in the core. One render uses only texture, the other uses texture + displacement map with varying amount of displacement. Some are also brighter. So if you could just vote on which you like better (or hate less :) )

EHHX7FJl.jpg
    RE8MojEl.jpg

KOtt9Wvl.png
    op6ymsdl.png
    HCE6gvdl.png

My personal favorite is middle one from #2 set. I would decrease the amount of displacement a bit.
    This really looks incredible, great work. I took a look through the thread again and it's amazing to see how this has progressed over the months. The work to the final model has been incredible and has gone farther and farther towards establishing the look of your own universe.
    I14R10 wrote: »
    My personal favorite is middle one from #2 set. I would decrease the amount of displacement a bit.

I like that one too. It's a nice balance between the top and bottom ones, which are either not enough or too much of the effect, in my opinion.
    Thanks evil genius. I am always looking forward to your comments and I'm glad you like it. After this one I think I am going to start working on some Star Trek models, probably Voyager or Defiant.
  • BlobVanDamBlobVanDam0 Posts: 0Member
    My vote is also for that middle one from set 2. The displacement looks awesome, and it's just the right balance of brightness without over-exposing. Gorgeous work all around so far.
    Thank you BlobVanDam
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    I think both the middle and last versions from #2 look great. The first one looks just too smooth and solid, it doesn't look like a plasma stream.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    All the images are gone because I deleted my imgur account without realizing that I had images on that account :)

Here are some final images until I set up my own web page where I will upload all my work.

reactor_room_1_by_i14r10-dbyku4s.png

reactor_room_2_by_i14r10-dbyku72.png

reactor_room_3_by_i14r10-dbyku9j.png
    And here is WIP brigde for the same spaceship. You can see that I reused some parts to get the same general look and feel of the ship.

wip_bridge_by_i14r10-dbyky8b.png
    wip_bridge_by_i14r10-dbykwuc.png
    Small update

14.jpg

16.jpg
    New carpet, textures on computer panels, captain's chair modified, ceiling modified, some small things added. I think this is more or less final form of the bridge. Now work continues on textures and lighting.

21.jpg

22.jpg
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann629 Posts: 1,285Member
    I LOVE this! I feel like maybe the roundabout walls by the consoles could have holo-emitter capabilities so if you need more workspace, there's an area for that. I feel like the viewscreen might be too far away that it makes it look small, but this feels like a sleeper ship bridge to me, like they don't need to be there a lot of the time.

You know what I think it is? I think the captain's chair is too far back. I can see why it's put there, to be right in the middle of both work areas, but the captain's chair should be in that circular area. Unless it can slide forward and back, that could be interesting.
    I created the problem with captain's chair when I made the floor like it is now. If I put captain's chair between those two circular consoles, nobody could walk by to the viewscreen. And if I put it more forward it's right in front of the screen, but that might have certain sense, the captain would have nice view of the viewscreen.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann629 Posts: 1,285Member
    Those glorious colours, I love it!
    Thanks BlueNeumann :)
    very nice design! I love the open front end in particular.
    Well just when I finally thought I am finished with this model I had to try one thing. I don't know if it looks better to me because it's something different after I worked for quite some time on previous model or is it really better. What do you think?

25.png

26.png

27.png
    I personally prefer the old, bigger screen. :)