Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2D & 3DStar Trek Reboot

1457910

Posts

  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1638 CaliforniaPosts: 1,919Member
    Thanks for the orthos.
  • seanrseanr954 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 549Member
    FYI, you typoed the link (missing the ":"). Thanks!
  • Hunter GHunter G1274 Posts: 452Member
    Thanks for the orthos.
    seanr wrote: »
    FYI, you typoed the link (missing the ":"). Thanks!

    No problem. Also, I fixed the link.

    Here's a mockup of some ideas for a 25th century uniform, to go along with the Inceptor (call it a 1st draft) I'm also planning on doing the crew as well. I have a rough idea of who they are and what they're going to look like
    vyss9bl.jpg
    Lizzy777Mustang13Camaro68slybrarianscifiericjapetusBrandenbergRory1707Soul Scream
  • Hunter GHunter G1274 Posts: 452Member
    Taking a break from the Connie to start on the Inceptor. It's a good opportunity to work on sub-d modeling. The forms on this one have proven difficult, but I only have myself to blame:
    OrpnE7k.jpg
    Lizzy777McClewisnivenpubliusrRory1707Soul ScreamJES
  • slybrarianslybrarian68 Posts: 49Member
    Nice uniforms!
  • Hunter GHunter G1274 Posts: 452Member
    edited January 7 #187
    Let's redesign the CTRL+C...I mean the Hoover....I mean the Inquiry class from Picard
    ZShXeK6.jpg
    JhqUT2c.jpg
    Post edited by Hunter G on
    rojrenRekkertLizzy777solaremesBrandenbergRory1707Soul ScreamraztovJES
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral934 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,340Member
    I like the D redesign, especially the nacelles. Not sure if moving the phaser strips that low works, but whatever.
  • darkthunderdarkthunder392 SwedenPosts: 93Member
    Hunter G wrote: »
    Let's redesign the CTRL+PASTE...I mean the Hoover....I mean the Inquiry class from Picard
    JhqUT2c.jpg

    Redesign is definitely better. I'd lower the nacelles a bit to make it more in line with the saucer, but other than that it's definitely the version they should've gone with onscreen.
    BrandenbergSoul Screampubliusr
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972225 Posts: 1,136Member
    So much better. And what the hell were they thinking with that deflector? Yuk.
    Hunter G
  • cool65cool65332 Posts: 27Member
    Yeah, I hate that deflector as yuk.
    Hunter G
  • FreakFreak1087 Posts: 4,361Member
    That original design is just un-inspired.
    Hunter G
  • count23count23314 Posts: 730Member
    The SS Copypasta would benefit so much more from Variable geometry nacelles like Voyager's.
    Hunter G
    Formerly Nadesico.

    Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    Yeah, normally when a fleet turns up and it swaps to an inside shot, you're like "get off the screen two legs, I want to see the sexy spaceships" but Riker was much better to look at than the ship with the 'multi mirror' 'holo projection' armour trash...

    I don't hate on the shows as much as some, but definitely agree their spaceship design department isn't as ethos-aware as this community. Course, that's not brand new, I didn't like the Vengeance was it?... All angles where curves should be... erugh...

    These re-designs are beautiful.
    Hunter G
  • Lizzy777Lizzy777898 PNWPosts: 673Member
    I remember that end scene with the two fleets facing off against each other.

    That said, I wonder what "Copy/Paste" is in Romulan.
    Hunter G
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • Hunter GHunter G1274 Posts: 452Member
    I finished the mockup for the Seeker, or Extant class as I'm calling it. Here she is:
    VM3IfHP.png
    APl1Va4.png
    Dln98Bl.png
    Previous versions (again):
    V1Tg3EC.png
    Size comparison:
    img]
    Lizzy777ora tzoAtolmrojrenashleytingerBrandenbergMadKoiFishWarp Propulsion LaboratoryMustang13Camaro68Loopholeand 12 others.
  • Hunter GHunter G1274 Posts: 452Member
    Someone sent me a message on reddit about some of my concepts being used in Ages of the Federation (which I know nothing about). I think it's super cool to have my designs in a game, mods or otherwise.

    Unfortunately it seems they're taking credit for it, which is a shame because I would have loved to help with a project like that. I honestly don't know what to do without being awkward. Here is what I'm talking about:

    https://www.moddb.com/mods/ages-of-the-federation/images/rediscovered#imagebox

    https://www.moddb.com/mods/ages-of-the-federation/images/large-update6#imagebox
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2179 UKPosts: 417Member
    edited November 2021 #198
    Hunter G wrote: »
    Someone sent me a message on reddit about some of my concepts being used in Ages of the Federation (which I know nothing about). I think it's super cool to have my designs in a game, mods or otherwise.

    Unfortunately it seems they're taking credit for it, which is a shame because I would have loved to help with a project like that. I honestly don't know what to do without being awkward. Here is what I'm talking about:

    https://www.moddb.com/mods/ages-of-the-federation/images/rediscovered#imagebox

    https://www.moddb.com/mods/ages-of-the-federation/images/large-update6#imagebox

    Friendly message to them first for sure. They may have just found the pics online and not realised they're not canon or something. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. Just a 'Hey, I see you're using my designs, can I get a credit or shoutout' would probably be the best opening gambit I'd say.

    [Edit] they clearly know they're not canon, lol.
    Post edited by lewisniven on
    1701dproject.blogspot.com
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish5701 BurntforniaPosts: 4,807Member
    edited November 2021 #199
    Send them a bland C&D letter then go from there.
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • Hunter GHunter G1274 Posts: 452Member
    lewisniven wrote: »
    Friendly message to them first for sure. They may have just found the pics online and not realised they're not canon or something. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. Just a 'Hey, I see you're using my designs, can I get a credit or shoutout' would probably be the best opening gambit I'd say.

    [Edit] they clearly know they're not canon, lol.
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    Send them a bland C&D letter then go from there.

    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking haha. It's sad that they could have asked, and I would have been happy to let them in the first place. Again, I would have even offered to help, it's a win win scenario!

    Anyway, I won't make a huge deal out of it, I just thought it was amusing
  • paulbhartzogpaulbhartzog184 Posts: 24Member
    @Hunter G
    Kewl uniforms. How did you make them ?
  • Hunter GHunter G1274 Posts: 452Member
    @Hunter G
    Kewl uniforms. How did you make them ?

    Thanks! Those were just digitally painted.
  • Hunter GHunter G1274 Posts: 452Member
    Long time no sketch. I decided to redo the Gallant class from the first page. I've renamed the class to Regent class, but kept the ship name Gallant:
    KKlZxtl.png
    Rory1707rojrenLizzy777caveat_imperatorraztovLoopholeMcCpubliusrRekkertwolfmanand 2 others.
  • Captain AdamCaptain Adam35 Posts: 11Member
    That looks really sleek. Nice Job.
    Hunter G
  • Rory1707Rory1707151 Posts: 155Member
    Looking forward to the 3d version. 🖖🏾
    LoopholeHunter G
  • SATRSATR175 Posts: 355Member
    A very good sleek ship
    Hunter G
  • shipfishershipfisher356 Posts: 95Member
    Just reviewed this thread. Why aren't you running the design department at Paramount and Bad Robot? Oh, that's right - there's no justice in the world.
    Your Galaxy class redesign ticks many boxes.
    Your Inquiry class redesign does justice to the original John Eaves concept. I don't think he wanted it looking like it was trying to sift space plankton either.
    Love the Interceptor class. Best post 24th century ship I've seen. The USS Gifford I've seen elsewhere is a pretty good 3D take on it.
    Hunter G
  • publiusrpubliusr368 Posts: 1,500Member
    Agreed
    Hunter G
  • Hunter GHunter G1274 Posts: 452Member
    Thanks!
    shipfisher wrote: »
    Just reviewed this thread. Why aren't you running the design department at Paramount and Bad Robot? Oh, that's right - there's no justice in the world.
    Your Galaxy class redesign ticks many boxes.
    Your Inquiry class redesign does justice to the original John Eaves concept. I don't think he wanted it looking like it was trying to sift space plankton either.
    Love the Interceptor class. Best post 24th century ship I've seen. The USS Gifford I've seen elsewhere is a pretty good 3D take on it.

    I wish I could! And I agree, somehow they made a wonderful concept my Mr. Eaves into...what that was, kind of impressive really.

    Anyway, I realized I haven't done a TMP era ship yet, so her we go:
    dZbvebj.jpg



    Rory1707ashleytingerrojrenwolfmanBolianAdmiralLizzy777Ael'sSoul Screamcaveat_imperatorraztovand 8 others.
  • Rory1707Rory1707151 Posts: 155Member
    Beautiful design. 🖖🏾
    Hunter G
  • LoopholeLoophole39 Posts: 55Member
    That's incredible, love the shaping on the nacelles.
    Hunter G
    Standing among giants
Sign In or Register to comment.