Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStarwars - Tantive IV (update)

WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2016 in Finished Work #1
Hi,

I have updated to 3dsmax2017, which comes with a new render system called ART, so just trying it out with one of my older models (although have done a new pass on it all).

ART holding up pretty good, definitely giving iray a run for its money :)

Wiz.
110654.jpg
110655.jpg
110656.jpg
Post edited by Wiz on
Tagged:

• TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome. Haven't had a play with the latest Max yet, will have to check it out over the summer. Do you rate the package as a whole, or have they broke a lot of stuff as usual? Also how do the render times compare with iRay?

Once again cracking job. Now you just need a green screen studio and a couple of 501st to bring it to life.

:thumb:
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Those renders look fantastic. I'd say it can definitely give iray a run for its money.
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks guys :)

Yeah definitely loving the new ART system, where it has the edge on iray right now (for me) is its material/shader (the PBR workflow). Not tried any of the IES lighting system yet, but looking forward to playing around with them in future environments.
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    That floor's a mess! What happened to the janitor droids; did they get shot or something? :p

awesome wiz!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    What do you think C-3PO and R2-D2 were doing just before the shooting started? ;)
  • wibblewibble1141 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 510Member
    What do you think C-3PO and R2-D2 were doing just before the shooting started? ;)

Not much, by the look of it.