Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

What was that?

rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
edited April 2016 in General Discussion #1
So, seems the site was down again. Or at least inaccessible. I was wondering if there was some sort of social media thingy could be set up with info on site problems and the status of whatever fixes are in process.

If this site were to go out for good, I'd kinda like to know what happened, and maybe keep some kind of contact with the community.
Post edited by rojren on

• BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    I agree. The site has been offline for two days and it is getting kind of annoying :(
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    rojren wrote: »
    So, seems the site was down again. Or at least inaccessible. I was wondering if there was some sort of social media thingy could be set up with info on site problems and the status of whatever fixes are in process.

If this site were to go out for good, I'd kinda like to know what happened, and maybe keep some kind of contact with the community.

SFM does have a facebook page, I haven't seen it updated but we the members should be able to post. https://www.facebook.com/scifimeshes/
    I just posted on the FB page
  • rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    Since there was never anything posted, I thought the Facebook page was something someone had just made on their own.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Unfortunately, this has been the norm the past few years. It used to be, if the site went down, Aceman or one of the other admins posted an explanation and what was being done about it after it came back up. However, in more recent years, we're left guessing as the conspicuously absent staff gives us little or no explanation after outages.
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    Hi all,

Appreciate the feedback so far. Honest answer on why the site was down recently: no idea. Guessing some sort of outage, but don't know for sure.

Regarding the Facebook page, that's my creation, with the blessing of the rest of the staff. At this stage we have no idea what that's going to be used for, but by all means use it as a point of contact- I can't promise we'll have answers for each query, but we'll do our best.

Hope the above helps. :)
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
    Thanks for the update! Samurai, i think it would be fantastic if the FB page was actually used a bit more.
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    I agree Homer. It's early days there, and there's currently a discussion (around the very limited free time the team has at the moment!) about how best to integrate that with the site proper ongoing. In the meantime, I'd suggest that people are welcome to use the Facebook page and post comments etc' there- just be wary that Facebook is not "our house" in the way that SFM is, and the dynamic may be different versus on the forums here. :)
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."