Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStarkiller Base

IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
edited May 2016 in Finished Work #1
I don't have much time for hobby work these days, but I saw the film recently, loved it, made this

sfm is STILL shrinking and compressing uploads so get the full one here: http://www.andrewcomb.com/IRML/SKB.jpg

thanks to tehbian for hosting that!
110490.jpg
Post edited by IRML on
SKB.jpg 147.3K
Tagged:

• homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Awesome!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Dude, that's flippin' outstanding work. :thumb:
  • EnterpraisEnterprais197 Posts: 124Member
    Wow! Vey beautiful work! So the First Order transformed the whole planet to a base? So much metal, they needed to recycle a couple of another planets to build all these metal structures. And I didn't understand in the movie, does this base have engines? Because they need a new star for every shot. How do they travel from one star to another?
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    Mmm. Can't wait to play. :)
  • wibblewibble1122 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 493Member
    Agreed, beautiful work!
    Enterprais wrote: »
    So the First Order transformed the whole planet to a base? So much metal, they needed to recycle a couple of another planets to build all these metal structures. And I didn't understand in the movie, does this base have engines? Because they need a new star for every shot. How do they travel from one star to another?

Don't think too much about it. It's Star Wars, it's Science-Fiction, it's Fantasy and it is made by J.J. Abrams. It doesn't make sense and it never will. End of Story.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    We discussed this in the General Discussion thread "New Star Wars." The only logical deduction is that it could move, so it's possible the thing had engines we just never saw and they were never mentioned. It's described as a "mobile ice planet" on Wookieepedia, the book may elaborate more on how it can move. Plus, as wibble said, it's Star Wars, which has never relied too much on science and instead goes more to the fantasy side.

But, none of this has anything to do with IRML's awesome artwork. ;)
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    Enterprais wrote: »
    Wow! Vey beautiful work! So the First Order transformed the whole planet to a base? So much metal, they needed to recycle a couple of another planets to build all these metal structures. And I didn't understand in the movie, does this base have engines? Because they need a new star for every shot. How do they travel from one star to another?
    you could never see any engines on the death star but that could definitely move, I imagined this was the same
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Wonderful work mate!
  • Mangy_DogMangy_Dog61 Posts: 13Member
    *waves* Very nice indeed :D Got to ask, those clouds your multi layered cloud texture technique you showed years ago or is it a new environmental cloud effect?
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    That looks just like a still from the movie. Great job!
  • MN8MN80 Posts: 0Member
    That is amazing. Great work, is it Lightwave? Or what did you use? Details please and thanks!
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    lightwave
  • John MarchantJohn Marchant336 Posts: 96Member
    Great work there IRML. I cant say i actually liked this starkiller base thing at all. Like many things just seemed to be to much homage to the originals.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
  • John MarchantJohn Marchant336 Posts: 96Member
    publiusr wrote: »

OP pretty well got my take on it. Just seemed to me someone sat there and thought "How do we top the Deathstar, oh well this time we actually make it a planet that moves but also kills other planets by sucking up the suns energy, not really a good idea.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    That is frakking EPIC.